Can't join multiplayer 2.5 stuck in loading or lobby or black cockpit

Jaakov

Guys please make sure any unofficial mods are removed ( if any )

run a cleanup and repair,

Rename your dcs.openbeta folder in saved games ( keep it as a backup )

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

restart DCS allow it to create a new one, redo your settings and test

You can move your input folder back after to save time from the renamed one.

If you still have no joy please attach your fresh dcs.log

thanks

Yep. I know the trick. I shall give it another try, and report back. I mentioned before. It has something to do with “clients” in Mp. I hope ED is aware. Look to my other post in this thread. Page 8.Thanks Bignewy.

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at peoples specs. 8Gb ram or less will not serve to play MP.

Did you look at my specs?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

The MP issue seems to be with the Caucasus map , I tried the NTTR map in MP , though it didn't connect the 1st time but on the 2nd try it did and it was good . today I tried to connect the Caucasus map in and after like 10 tries got through.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

Do any of you get the game Crashing every time you simply Exit? Just wondering if there's any connection... I've been getting that for 6 months on Stock, Beta, and Alpha... I think it sometimes says it's the DX11Backend.dll and other times(maybe after 2.5) it says it ntdll.dll. I have reinstalled my DX11 to no avail. Also, my nVidia drivers.. The .crash file says this:

# -------------- 20180210-151851 --------------

C:\My Programs\DCS World\bin\dx11backend.dll

# C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 39835E86 00:00000000

00000000 00000000 0000:00000000

39835E86 0057F700 0000:00000000 C:\My Programs\DCS World\bin\dx11backend.dll ?shutdown@DX11Renderer@RenderAPI@@UEAAXXZ()+3B6

74E1CC31 0057F740 0000:00000000 C:\My Programs\DCS World\bin\GraphicsVista.dll ?uninitialize@Renderer@Graphics@@QEAAXXZ()+251

165BC30E 0057F7B0 0000:00000000 C:\My Programs\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe

1623D0BF 0057FEC0 0000:00000000 C:\My Programs\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe

1674FFA3 0057FF00 0000:00000000 C:\My Programs\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe

91571FE4 0057FF30 0000:00000000 C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL BaseThreadInitThunk()+14

9213EF91 0057FF80 0000:00000000 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll RtlUserThreadStart()+21

I started a new test this morning with a empty Saved Games\DCS folder. I ran the game, set my graphics and audio, and ran a Quick Caucasus mission to rebuild the shaders. Then I tried to connect to the 104th server again. I got the same results... Horrible framerates on the Aircraft selection screen that never went away. But it did not crash. So, I went back to the Main Menu and exited..

My log says the same as borchi posted above. It says 'This should not happen on the users PC'. :cry: Notepad++ count that 28 times in the log! I think the framerates die because the game is recompiling a bunch of shaders, which takes a long time.

2018-02-10 15:14:37.358 ALERT   DX11BACKEND: Error: Can't find precompiled shader for effect blah, blah, blah...  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Recompilation process will take some time, please wait
(this situation should not occur on end user PC, if there is no manual shader editing)
2018-02-10 15:14:37.358 ALERT   DX11BACKEND: Error: Can't find precompiled shader for effect blah, blah, blah...  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(this situation should not occur on end user PC, if there is no manual shader editing)

and on, and on...

Log is attached.

EDIT:

I renamed my Bazar\Shaders folder to backup and ran a Repair. It rebuilt the folder. I have not see the above messages since then. But it still has bad fps on the aircraft screen. When I select an aircraft on the 104th it puts me in the game, without a Cockpit for about 4 minutes. Then the fps finally gets better and the game draws the aircraft. Other servers are not bad. But the aircraft selection screen is horrible on all of the servers. Very annoying..

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Please fix wanted.

- no mods installed

- did a clean up

- did a repair

Logs attached.

Hope ED find the bugger. In my opinion the "clients" are guilty. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Please fix wanted.

In my opinion the "clients" are guilty. :D

I agree , but is the MP login an issue due to low hardware ?

Because the 1st time it never connects and only on the 2nd try it will connect to the server and if the server resets than its the same thing all over again. The 1st try can take almost 10-15 but the 2nd time it will connect within a couple of minutes.

Me thinks its loading a lot of stuff on the 1st try.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

I never complained about performance ?

Well you where posting about difficulties in MP. I perhaps too briefly posted that less than 8 Gb's is really going to limit your MP enjoyment. I used to use 6Gb and struggled to join MP. I upgraded to 12 Gb and saw a huge difference. Just trying to help though sorry :)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well you where posting about difficulties in MP. I perhaps too briefly posted that less than 8 Gb's is really going to limit your MP enjoyment. I used to use 6Gb and struggled to join MP. I upgraded to 12 Gb and saw a huge difference. Just trying to help though sorry :)

No worries :) I used 8 GB today which is the max this board supports so until I get a system overhaul I will have to join the MP the same way :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

[Multiplayer] Stuck in Loading Screen when joining Server?!

Hello Sim-Pilots,

As in the title, I have that long loading screen... I waited like 30min and my OpenBeta 2.5-DCS just freezed after then, so my question is; will there be an update to fix this problem? I looked up in some post(s) about joining servers with loading screen for DCS 2.5. What I got from understanding in the forum was something with "DCS 2.5 having Memory issue".

Don't ask me what specs I have:smilewink:. My maschine is powerful and can handle all high setting games. Yes, I have a super fast SSD and 32 gb ram. #GAMINGPCMASTERRACE :thumbup:

Edited by DivE1-7

try deleting your metashaders folder in your Users/XXXX/Saved Games/DCSOpen Beta directory and relaunch?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

16 GB memory here. No mods installed. Fresh copy

Same issue

Same here

I have 8GB, good to know that the problem is not the memory

it maybe a problem for the swap or paging files or can it be also the speed of hd to load.

someone using ssd is having this problem too?

Windows 7 Ultimate, Intel i7 3770, 8GB DDR3, NVIDIA 680GTX.

Same here

I have 8GB, good to know that the problem is not the memory

it maybe a problem for the swap or paging files or can it be also the speed of hd to load.

someone using ssd is having this problem too?

I have an SSD and I'm experiencing the exact same problem.

I had a personnel EUREKA moment with DCS last night!

Before this happened my game was running poorly with stupid long load times and crashing out on occasion,including no ability to join the big busy servers like 104th or Buddyspike. :evil:

Through process of elimination and a lot of frustration i rejected most of the reasons and remedies given on other Forums.

I have a good powerful rig with plenty RAM and quality graphics cards so this is not the problem,my internet has been upgraded and again plays no part in my problem.

So either the game is bugged or its a bad install? Well looking at the online lobbys i saw in the big-busy servers contained 20,30,40 players so i concluded NO to the game being bugged !

So a bad install?

My original DCS ran on my C Drive (SSD) perfectly. When the update to 2.5 happened i discovered i never had enough room on the Drive so installed on my D Drive (Harddrive)

From day 1 i had lots of problems with the end result i bought a new bigger,faster SSD (G Drive) hoping this was the cure?

For XXXXX sake no!!!

Exact same problems as with using D Drive this was upsetting.

Please go to this site --- https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

From the line --- Opening a Command Prompt work down..

Basically open the Command prompt enter CMD

You should see somthing like this --- <root>/Users/<username>” or “<root>/Documents And Settings/<username>”

The root must be in the drive which contains your saved games folder ,for me this is C/Users/<username>

My game being installed on my G Drive showed G/Users/<username> so i changed it!!

Type: x: in the Command prompt

Press Enter.

Where x = the Drive Letter you Installed DCS World Onto. so x for me is C now it looks like this C/Users/username

Started the game immediately, tried to log into 104th with no mucking about and it loaded beautifully!!

Repeated a number of times and with great results.

I apologise for being so long winded and hope this might prove usefull to the guys?

This is my first post on this forum

Thanks

Gary/Thurmann

Edited by Thurmann
Bad spelling

I had a personnel EUREKA moment with DCS last night!

Before this happened my game was running poorly with stupid long load times and crashing out on occasion,including no ability to join the big busy servers like 104th or Buddyspike. :evil:

Through process of elimination and a lot of frustration i rejected most of the reasons and remedies given on other Forums.

I have a good powerful rig with plenty RAM and quality graphics cards so this is not the problem,my internet has been upgraded and again plays no part in my problem.

So either the game is bugged or its a bad install? Well looking at the online lobbys i saw in the big-busy servers contained 20,30,40 players so i concluded NO to the game being bugged !

So a bad install?

My original DCS ran on my C Drive (SSD) perfectly. When the update to 2.5 happened i discovered i never had enough room on the Drive so installed on my D Drive (Harddrive)

From day 1 i had lots of problems with the end result i bought a new bigger,faster SSD (G Drive) hoping this was the cure?

For XXXXX sake no!!!

Exact same problems as with using D Drive this was upsetting.

Please go to this site --- https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

From the line --- Opening a Command Prompt work down..

You should see somthing like this --- <root>/Users/<username>” or “<root>/Documents And Settings/<username>”

The root must be in the drive which contains your saved games folder ,for me this is C/Users/<username>

My game being installed on my G Drive showed G/Users/<username> so i changed it!!

Press Enter.

Where x = the Drive Letter you Installed DCS World Onto. so x for me is C now it looks like this -C/Users/username

Started the game immediately, tried to log into 104th with no mucking about and it loaded beautifully!!

Repeated a number of times and with great results.

I apologise for being so long winded and hope this might prove usefull to the guys?

This is my first post on this forum

Thanks

Gary/Thurmann

I didn`t understand this at all. What you actually did here and what is changed for your loading performance?

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

I think he moved his saved games folder to his SSD?

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

Since last night and update to 2.5 I have not been able to join any server. Loading screen is on for 10 minutes and then just reverts to main menu. I has happened to me with 1.5.X but just for the first join server attempt and then everything worked properly. Now MP simply doesn't work for me.

i5, 16GB RAM, GTX960

I have a similar problem. I can open multiplayer and select my server just fine, but when I select the Aerobatics Caucasus or Nevada, it just stays on the loading screen forever, and when I select the Aerobatics Belgium server, it just loads for a few seconds, then brings me back to the server selection screen. I haven't tried any other servers, but I don't think it'll be much different. What's wrong?

Press Enter.

Where x = the Drive Letter you Installed DCS World Onto. so x for me is C now it looks like this -C/Users/username

A few screenshots of that would be nice as I only understand about half of what you're saying.:helpsmilie:

So I enter CMD and am at C\users\user. Then what exactly?