Can't join multiplayer 2.5 stuck in loading or lobby or black cockpit

Jaakov

I also have very long loading times only for MP missions. I found that when joining the 104th when you go to rejoin after it sends you to the home screen the memory stays full on both RAM and Video memory and then the load time is like 1 minute. So I always end up having to rejoin to be able to join.

Specs

AMD FX 8350 OC'ed to 4.6 gig

1333mhz memory clock 16 gigs of RAM

Nvidia 1080GTX 8gig VRAM

Sabertooth 990fx rev 2 mobo

Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500gig drive

Edited by Coolcat

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crashed when loading MP mission.

I7 975 @3.33(not OC)

24GB DDR3 1600MHz XMP profile

Asus Nvidia GTX1070 Strix OC 8GB VRAM

MB Asus P6T Deluxe

SSD Samsung 840

- - - -

Edit:

After the first crash, restarted DCS. Tried to load MP mission; for four times entered the MP lobby just to come again to DCS main screen.

Atached "Logs_2.rar"

Logs.rar

Logs_2.rar

Edited by Xpto

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crashed when loading MP mission.

I7 975 @3.33(not OC)

24GB DDR3 1600MHz XMP profile

Asus Nvidia GTX1070 Strix OC 8GB VRAM

MB Asus P6T Deluxe

SSD Samsung 840

- - - -

Edit:

After the first crash, restarted DCS. Tried to load MP mission; for four times entered the MP lobby just to come again to DCS main screen.

Atached "Logs_2.rar"

After a Windows 10 clean install I tested 104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow on SP and MP.

At Singleplayer I experienced some lag and stuttering, 30fps maximum with 8xAF no MSAA (forced 2x FXAA on Nvidia control panel), shadows medium, all other maxed up.

At Multiplayer, I had no problem connecting, 50fps stable.

It seems the transition from windows 7 and a clean install helped with the above issues.

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same issue ,unable to join and if it does freezes game and does not respond

logs on next post

Edited by protea1
addition

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Our group is having the same issues but I have some observations to share that may help:

• I'm hosting (non-dedicated) 4 players are trying to connect.
  • The 2 (of 4) players that CAN connect both have DCS on a SSD.
  • The 2 that can't connect are always disconnected (usually at 4 mins) with a timout error. They are loading from HD.
  • If the mission is VERY simple (in our case 5 planes and NOTHING else in Nevada) sometimes the last 2 can connect.

I'm wondering if the problem is related to loading times? The guys with the SSD are perhaps loading within the timeout limit while the others are not?

It seems reducing the complexity of the mission does help. Perhaps because there is less to load and the timeout limit isn't reached as frequently?

Anyway, just thought I'd pass on these observations in hopes they may help.

My general machine specs are in the sig. Win10 x64.

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

I had problems to join any server from the list and servers uploaded by my mates. After 20 seconds of loading screen, I was returned to the server list.

I dunno if this is related to higher times in loading screen or black cockpit but I have solved the issue deactivating my AVG antivirus. It is worth to give it a try.

• ED Team

Thanks for the logs all, it is very helpful.

ED will have more fixes in the next patch, hopefully it will resolve these issues.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I tried to get on the 104th 3 times. The game crashed at the Aircraft selection screen and while I was in the pit.

So, I tried the Ravens and it loaded ok.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Just got the Hotfix 2 but MP still not fixed..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Just got the Hotfix 2 but MP still not fixed..

Same here.

:cry:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

• ED Team

Guys please make sure any unofficial mods are removed ( if any )

run a cleanup and repair,

Rename your dcs.openbeta folder in saved games ( keep it as a backup )

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

restart DCS allow it to create a new one, redo your settings and test

You can move your input folder back after to save time from the renamed one.

If you still have no joy please attach your fresh dcs.log

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
They should have fixed these performance and MP connection issues before debugging the other things well that's my opinion.

Just waiting to get the RX 560

Connection issues are not affecting everyone so it is difficult to test and diagnose.

performance issues are being dealt with, again not everyone has them. But the ED team have made many fixes already and more to come.

Connection issues are not affecting everyone so it is difficult to test and diagnose.

performance issues are being dealt with, again not everyone has them. But the ED team have made many fixes already and more to come.

Hi,

I am actually not complaining about the performance because I got a very old system :

AMD Phenom X4 810

5 GB DDR2

GT630 2GB (planning on upgrading this to RX 550 or the RX 560)

:D

It's just that connecting to the MP servers are an issue , using single player is fast though

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

Guys please make sure any unofficial mods are removed ( if any )

run a cleanup and repair,

Rename your dcs.openbeta folder in saved games ( keep it as a backup )

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

restart DCS allow it to create a new one, redo your settings and test

You can move your input folder back after to save time from the renamed one.

If you still have no joy please attach your fresh dcs.log

thanks

I just did all of that and am able to get on the 104th now. But my fps is 1. And it was like that before. On the Server List page my fps were good, but when I get to this page it's horrible. Takes forever to scroll down the list of aircraft.

If I put my old Saved Games\DCS folder back I crash again in the Multiplayer server loading. Sometimes I get the game view and it only draws 1/2 of the graphics for the aircraft list and locks up there. Other times it crashes.

I'm going to test some more and see if there is something specific in my Saved Games\DCS folder causing this. But for both the old and new folders I get horrible fps on that aircraft selection screen.

EDIT:

As I left the game on that screen while I was typing this for a few minutes, it is now showing 57 fps on that Aircraft Selection screen and it is working good. So, maybe the fps is just horrible for a minute and then gets better it seems.

I just disconnected from that server and joined it again. The fps is horrible for about 20-30 seconds, then it goes up to 57 fps and is usable.

I exited the game and tried a 3rd time. This time I selected an aircraft while the fps was horrible. When it loaded my aircraft fps was still horrible (3-10). It took forever to draw only 1/2 of the cockpit. After 3-4 minutes it had only drawn the back half of the aircraft and I had no cockpit.

If this crashes I will post a log, but it's just flaky so far..

Edited by Snacko

Hi,

a little luck for me. After some minutes i got the langscape and after some more minutes i dropped to the meu screen.

Attached my logs, this is the interesting part:

2018-02-10 07:52:56.284 ERROR DX11BACKEND: Can't find precompiled shader model/def_material.fx:BINORMAL_SIZE=3;BLEND_MODE=0;DIFFUSE_UV=tc0;DIRECTX11=true;NORMAL_MAP_UV=tc0;NORMAL_SIZE=3;SPECULAR_COLOR_UV=tc0;SPECULAR_UV=tc0;TANGENT_SIZE=3;TEXCOORD0_SIZE=2;USE_DCS_DEFERRED=1;.

2018-02-10 07:52:56.284 INFO DX11BACKEND: Compile shader: model/def_material.fx:BINORMAL_SIZE=3;BLEND_MODE=0;DIFFUSE_UV=tc0;DIRECTX11=true;NORMAL_MAP_UV=tc0;NORMAL_SIZE=3;SPECULAR_COLOR_UV=tc0;SPECULAR_UV=tc0;TANGENT_SIZE=3;TEXCOORD0_SIZE=2;USE_DCS_DEFERRED=1;

2018-02-10 07:52:59.770 ALERT DX11BACKEND: Error: Can't find precompiled shader for effect model/def_material.fx:BINORMAL_SIZE=3;BLEND_MODE=0;DIFFUSE_UV=tc0;DIRECTX11=true;NORMAL_MAP_UV=tc0;NORMAL_SIZE=3;SPECULAR_COLOR_UV=tc0;SPECULAR_UV=tc0;TANGENT_SIZE=3;TEXCOORD0_SIZE=2;USE_DCS_DEFERRED=1;.

Recompilation process will take some time, please wait

(this situation should not occur on end user PC, if there is no manual shader editing)

Logs.zip

Hals- und Beinbruch...

Christian | Spitfire | Bat-21