Can't join multiplayer 2.5 stuck in loading or lobby or black cockpit

Jaakov

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loading times 10 to 15+ minutes... after that it either kicks me to main menu or freezes the game. I managed to connect once, and after 10 minute in flight the game completely froze but until the freezing happened it worked fine and with nice FPS.

Specs: i7 3820 @3.6ghz s.2011, 16GB DDR3 1600mhz, MSI GTX660 OC TwinFrozr III, Samsung Pro SSD (DCS installed on it)

EDIT: Most recently, while attempting to fly in a blue flag training server online, as soon as i tried to slew the maverick 65d to soi in the a10c, got the hour glass and then it booted me to the main DCS menu screen with no option for a crash log or boot log. I made my own and attached it at the bottom, should clearly labeled. I will continue to post all future crash logs here for easy reference for myself and hopefully for people who can try to fix this to access easier.

Often times there is not even a crash log that will be offered, the game will just sit on a "loading" screen while attempting to join a server (have tried several). On the rare occasion that I am able to join a server, it is a short lived moment until a disconnect happens. Truly even single player stuff is broken, the "new" a10c' campaign where you hijack the a10c's from Batumi is broken. wingman gets shot down immediately after leaving the runway and mission fails. The graphics improvement is great, hopefully the usage of peoples systems gets under control.

I see the potential, sadly have only really experienced the frustration. Looking forward to when 2.5 is full release and the game can actually be used and enjoyed again. 20-30 minutes of actual flight across several hours of time invested in being booted, crashing game, etc has left me colder than Everest towards this platform at the moment. Really hoping to enjoy the F18 pre-purchase once the environment is figured out, for now my A10C shall go into moth ball storage. I haven't even bothered to install the Nevada terrain yet, figure if the Cacausus map can't even function right that the Nevada would be a waste of time.

Great ideas, hoping the effort into the final product works ED. Really hoping.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Intel i7 6700 @ 4ghz / 16g ram / DCS stand alone install on it's own SSD with 200+ gigs of free space / nVidia GTX980 / Oculus Rift CV1

dcs.log-20180204-023741.zip

dcsNOcrashLOGoffered.zip

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

this screen shot is literally just after 30 seconds of loading into multiplayer. What is with that memory usage?!?!?!?!

Screen_180203_201121.thumb.png.a83c8918becec1139e414e47b048d472.png

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

another one, this time during start up procedure. virtual memory got all the way up to 48,xxxMB.

Seriously guys, what the ____ ....? Can we relabel this release as an Alpha, because it certainly isn't a Beta. Beta versions are at least playable.

dcsCRASH2.zip

here is yet another one.

first sign of an error in the log seems to be associated with metashaders...... see below and attached file for full log:

2018-02-04 04:31:24.129 ERROR VFS: Can't open file /textures/!plantColorTextures.lua.

2018-02-04 04:31:24.129 ERROR EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: bazar/shaders/metashaders/terrain/compute/surfacedetails.fx|CAUCASUS_NOISE|COLOR_VTI|GENERATE_NORMALS|GROUPSIZE=128|NOISE_OP=PhotoshopOverlay|PBR_TEXTURES|SURFACE5|USE_CAUCASUS_BLEND|USE_TERRAIN_PALETTE: hints is not found for splatlayer=big_stone

2018-02-04 04:31:24.129 ERROR EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: bazar/shaders/metashaders/terrain/compute/surfacedetails.fx|CAUCASUS_NOISE|COLOR_VTI|GENERATE_NORMALS|GROUPSIZE=128|NOISE_OP=PhotoshopOverlay|PBR_TEXTURES|SURFACE5|USE_CAUCASUS_BLEND|USE_TERRAIN_PALETTE: hints is not found for splatlayer=medium_stone

2018-02-04 04:31:24.129 ERROR EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: bazar/shaders/metashaders/terrain/compute/surfacedetails.fx|CAUCASUS_NOISE|COLOR_VTI|GENERATE_NORMALS|GROUPSIZE=128|NOISE_OP=PhotoshopOverlay|PBR_TEXTURES|SURFACE5|USE_CAUCASUS_BLEND|USE_TERRAIN_PALETTE: hints is not found for splatlayer=stone

dcsCRASH3.zip

• ED Team

thanks all

If you have logs keep them coming, especially if it is a crash.

I am also experiencing this on my system, I have reported it and the ED team are looking into it.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Same to me.....Specs in my signature :|

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X @ 4.7 MHz            Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX    Module: 64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR5 @ 3000        Video: RTX 4090 PALIT GameRock OC 24 GB

Monitor: SAMSUNG U28E590 @ 4K                      Other: HP Reverb G2 and WD Black SN850X                    The answers is ... 42!

The fact for me is that I don't have any crash, put back to main menu, or on a debriefing screen, and sometimes if i click on reflight, I was put in the solo mission I did before joining an online game :hehe:

Is there any recording tool somewhere to get a "live recorded" log?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make the reporting system great again!

I need to connect twice to the MP and only the second time I can get through , the 1st time after a few minutes it puts me back on the main screen. And after this I connect to the MP server

I thought the reason for this could be my low end system but I think quite a few people are facing the same issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

Also reporting inability to join MP servers.

The wait (10 mins +) can result in DCS crashing.

I've not yet been able to spawn in an aircraft online since 2.5 release

Kill the DCS process then ipconfig /flushdns then try to connect to the server.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

I wonder if the servers with the issues has only maps that have been converted to 2.5

I only stay this as our training map was converted and loads had the above mentioned issues.

After remaking the map in 2.5, the issues have all but vanished

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

OK.. maybe we should test joining the ravens server versus another to see if this is the issue?
Yer let me know if it's any better.

We hosted a mission tonight that well poorly.an old converted mission, we had 2 crashes in an hour

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

No idea if there is any link with this file but Try to delete everything that is in the Log folder in user/saved game and the failed ofsh file that should be is same spot. worked for me...

to be confirmed

I tried this and it worked for me. I deleted these files and also the track files in the tracks folder located there. At first I didn't see the .ofsh file cause it's in the saved game/dcs root folder not in the log folder. Dunno if this is a fix or just coincidence yet. Definitely recommending others try it.

Installed from zero the 2.5 beta and seems that the long loads are fixed. Still not short loading but something more "waitable".

BUT the multiplayer is still buggy. Load it, and then on selection rol it is very laggy, but I can put my name in an airplane. Then I hit briefing and fly and it goes 1-5 fps. BUT I wait.

I start with my vision without cockpit, and in 5 minutes or so it draws little by little the cockpit until all is "there". Then I start having normal 50fps or so, and I can fly.

DCS in an SSD with an i7 at 4.0ghz and Nvidia 980ti that by the way, it is loaded at 99-100% all the time!!!!

For what is worth, the situation for me has dramatically improved over the weekend. Last Thursday I couldn't play at all, sometimes I could not enter, sometimes I was down to 1/2 fps. By Sunday (yesterday), I could join the Belgian Acrobatic (5/10 players simultaneously) and the Burning Skies (I think at a certain point 30 people were logged, if not more) servers without any problem: just the occasional stutter (very rarely). RAM usage is quite massive though.

Aircraft: P51d. Map: Caucasus. Specs: in signature. Fresh installation of 2.5 beta on a clean M.2 SSD.

Edited by gabgio

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus

Adding my experience for reference.

GTX1070, i5-7500@3.4ghz, 16gb ram, fresh 1.5beta updated as soon as 2.2 dropped, on an ssd.

First day after patch, no problems at all in sp or mp up to 30 players; smooth experience all around, no issues joining (little long loading but <4 minutes), smooth role selection screen, fast pit loading and zero stutter except for people replaning still giving hiccups long enough to kill you if you're NOE.

yesterday, mixed bag on larger servers; blueflag works pretty well usually, 104th bit more iffy, sometimes throwing me back out to lobby after 2 minutes of loading, then letting me in but with unresponsive role select for minutes, which then slowly recovers and lets me grab a slot and load in without further problems.

This is all in regular 3d, haven't tried mp in VR except for a small server with few people where i had exactly zero issues.

I'd say issues are proportional to playercount, and that the "threshold" for when people experience problems varies somehow with system specs (mostly memory/pagefile?) and how "old" and stuffed your dcs installation is.

Found something strange. When i make a SP mission all went fine.

Now i made a MP mission with clients. I start it up as SP and strange building up of the cockpit from the airplane JUST as I am logging to a server!!!!!

WHAT!!! Is it this!! IT IS A "CLIENT" THING!!!!

I hope i found the source!!!

I don't know if ED knows this, but it's worth to investigate.

I think the code CLIENTS wrecked the CPU's so that logging in server is very tricky. I could be wrong but please look in too this or pass it too ED for investigation, if they don't already know.

Thank you. You can try it yourself and see what happens.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly: