Mission 14

cm2

I tried mission 14 via the mission editor in DCS 2.5 Open Beta just now,and there were Ground and sam units "floating" on water and "freezing" helicopters, and I think these were causing my frame rate to dip and fluctuate erratically. Restarted the mission and it happened again, reloaded the mission, the same. Didn't happen before in DCS 1.5.

Bqm2lkHr.png

sp2NMMbr.png

DJSjMzMr.png

OIn3LSO.png

Thanks for the report. I've seen this in a couple of other maps as well; I think there's some kind of issue with the new terrain elevation data. Were you able to complete the mission in spite of the secret underground SAM base? ;)

With respect to performance, keep in mind 2.5 is a lot more resource intensive than 1.5 was and may require some playing with your settings to get things right.

I'll see if I can get the affected units to pop back up above ground by moving them a bit, and failing that will report the issue to ED. I'm planning on making a pass through the campaign in the very near future anyway to add some of the new static smoke effects.

Haven't played the mission long enough to complete it, after finding the secret underwater Sam sites lol I will replay it after there's some fix from ED. I haven't completed the campaign yet and I already want to start over from the beginning of the campaign too in 2.5 with the beautiful new map.

With regard to performance yep I am keeping in mind of the more resource intensive 2.5 is. Other Missions with no "secret underwater/underground sam sites" that I tried in 2.5 were running well enough so far with the same settings (with some minor hazard of occasional resource loading thing in game). In Mission 14 my fps was like jumpin' at shadows like Vayne Solidor's "war pavilion" lol like my pc was very busy dealing with the secret sites.

Edited by cm2

Noted, thanks. Keep us posted if you encounter anything that prevents progression. There are quite a lot of triggers and units in TGW compared to some of the other content out there so it may need some fiddling with settings to find a happy medium. FWIW, I had no major framerate or stability issues during testing. I don't think it should have anything to do with the units being under the terrain; all that water is being rendered anyway, it's just invisible most of the time.

Alrighty. I decided to give mission 14 another test run using reshade and increasing the trees thing to 100% lol instead of trimming down the settings I increased it and it ran well enough like the other missions, weird. And with this test run of mission 14, the mission started at a different parking spot of the airfield instead of the usual starting spot thus not triggering that dialogue with wingman about the out of place jet, during taxiing.

Also, is the Darth Overlord campaign running good in DCS 2.5? Coz I haven't tried it yet in 2.5

Edited by cm2

4, 6, and 9 are likely to be the problem children in Eye for an Eye; all of those rely on troop movement or attacks on ground targets to trigger events and the new forests and buildings are likely going to complicate matters. Feel free to report anything you find in the Eye for an Eye thread in the Missions and Campaigns forum.

• 2 months later...

Flew this mission via the mission editor using the beta 2.5.1 the first two Russian bogeys from the Russian northern border that magic asked to monitor were never there, flew until inside the Russian airspace, still nothing. Restarted the mission, the same.

Thanks for the report, I will investigate ASAP.

EDIT:

Confirmed on my end. For some reason, the aircraft are never starting up on the ramp; there is no delayed start or late activation condition so they should spool up as soon as the mission beings. I will investigate further tomorrow and submit a new version with air starts if they don't want to launch. :dunno:

Edited by feefifofum

Dang, so it's DCS acting up again. I also want to test your "Vader" stuff further in the new DCS, but there are many other games too at the moment, and my gaminglog is still so full lol and I am going to wait till the better version of DCS is properly ready, DCS beta 2.5.1's new memory management thing works good on my end so far.

Edited by cm2

first two Russian bogeys from the Russian northern border that magic asked to monitor were never there, flew until inside the Russian airspace, still nothing.

same here... transports landed, 1 hour loiter, home base landing - very quiet mission indeed but no success. What gives?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Hi draconus. The triggers which dictate enemy aircraft behavior are not working in 2.5.1. The issue has been reported to ED.

In the meantime, it is recommended to use version 2.5.0 when playing The Georgian War. I just checked on my machine and OPFOR is behaving as programmed in the stable release.

Unfortunately it's not an issue that can be patched or hotfixed for the current beta version; the ability to change AI tasking in-flight has been broken. This is used to cause aircraft to take off, break orbit, engage, bug out, and pretty much everything else that happens in this campaign.

If you need help reverting your installation, check out Skatezilla's guide. The current stable release version is 2.5.0.15365

Edited by feefifofum

Indeed, all is working in 2.5.0. I was struck with this as I finished mission #13 wihout problems in 2.5.1. Nevertheless, shouldn't transports' safe landing trigger the mission completion? :)

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Still on this mission, 2.5.0@release, taking beating from Foxhounds... but they tend to spontaneously crash during, after or even before the fight sometimes. The Georgian choppers die a lot too.

Track files:

https://ufile.io/72k8r

https://ufile.io/krlbi

Okay, I just ran your first track through to completion. On my PC, even with the time acceleration, the Georgian helicopters landed safely, and the Foxhounds climbed out and engaged you without incident.

LwyHPLq.jpg

You opened the debriefing screen and flew straight into their missile when I viewed your track.

1DMrYKF.jpg

XgSct44.jpg

My advice would be to disable any mods you may have activated, run a DCS cleanup and repair, and avoid using time acceleration.

On my PC, even with the time acceleration, the Georgian helicopters landed safely, and the Foxhounds climbed out and engaged you without incident.

I never knew it was dependent on CPU power!

You opened the debriefing screen and flew straight into their missile when I viewed your track.

I gave this one up because I heard "splash one" when they were like 40nm away so I went to check log for what happened.

My advice would be to disable any mods you may have activated, run a DCS cleanup and repair, and avoid using time acceleration.

No mods here. It will be hard time for me without time acceleration but I guess will have to live without it. I don't use it at all on new missions for both the immersion and not to miss anything. But if I have to repeat the mission many times... you get the idea. Maybe autopilot and a book will help :)

Thanks again for your help. Your insights are invaluable. And btw: I am IT guy and I constantly contact local and foreign support and I have never seen support so fast, knowledgeable and helpful as yours, Baltic Dragon, considering how of a nightmare it is to fix things with every DCS update.