[REPORTED]Green Dot on F15 Hud

Scoggs

I noticed that there is a bright green dot on the glass of the HUD in the F15 in 2.5. I found and posted in a thread from 2.0 (didn't realize the forum was split). The original post with pictures can be found here. What is shown in that thread was what I saw in VR last night.

I figured because 2.0 and that forum went into legacy support I should post about the issue here.

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

I know it can be annoying but its just replicating the light emitting from the HUD projector as seen here. Maybe it just needs to be tuned down a bit.

He's referring to the light emitted on the canopy - not on the HUD. Su-25T and Su-25A also have this bug, Su-25T has it on the top left and right sides of the canopy

Happy Bug Hunting!

He's referring to the light emitted on the canopy - not on the HUD. Su-25T and Su-25A also have this bug, Su-25T has it on the top left and right sides of the canopy

I think OP is talking about the HUD as that what this thread is called. I personally don't mind the reflections from instrument lights on the canopy as it adds to my immersion.

I think OP is talking about the HUD as that what this thread is called. I personally don't mind the reflections from instrument lights on the canopy as it adds to my immersion.

We aren't talking about reflections, we're talking about this weird LED diode looking thing projected on the canopy on the F15, Su-25 etc. It isn't the HUD reflecting, its a weird light spot

Happy Bug Hunting!

We aren't talking about reflections, we're talking about this weird LED diode looking thing projected on the canopy on the F15, Su-25 etc. It isn't the HUD reflecting, its a weird light spot

Real reflections should move on surface when you move your head, like what you see in the mirrors, this thing is not doing that, it is definitely a glitch. Su27 has it too.

• ED Team

Hi all

this has been reported to the ED team

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2