DCS 2.5 Freezes

MAD-MM

for those of you with multiple displays running DCS on a single display, i have found that un-checking Full Screen in DCS settings has gotten rid of my freezing issues so far.. might also help for those of you running 3 displays.. if you can, select your total resolution and un-check Full Screen.. dont know, but might help.

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had 2 installations of DCS, 1.5.6 which froze all of the time until it was upgraded to 1.5.8 stable and I also had 2.2.0 which never froze, but after doing the 2.5.014 update it is acting exactly like 1.5.6 did, meaning it freezes up all of the time. I deleted 2.5 from my machine and reinstalled all of the modules and it worked better. The freezes occurred on the NTTR Map and Caucuses map and still have no idea if it's fixed or not

I was so happy when Open Beta came out thinking that it's actually fixed from freezing since last version but no, like the previous version this one is also unplayable. One would think that with high end rig there wouldn't be any problems but no. And I spend so much money on this game. Ridiculous.

• ED Team
I was so happy when Open Beta came out thinking that it's actually fixed from freezing since last version but no, like the previous version this one is also unplayable. One would think that with high end rig there wouldn't be any problems but no. And I spend so much money on this game. Ridiculous.

It is a beta, if you want stable use the release version.

We currently have a memory leak the team hope to have it fixed for the next patch. It is most likely the reason for your issues

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

We currently have a memory leak the team hope to have it fixed for the next patch. It is most likely the reason for your issues

Still crashes after the latest patch. Flying my A10-C and at the third mission (a patrol near the border) on “The enemy within” campaign and the game crash when I start to attack the enemies north of the checkpoint. Exactly the same happened yesterday before the patch.

• ED Team

Thanks for letting us know

Just to make sure we have covered everything we can on your end

Make sure windows and any drivers are up to date.

please make sure any unofficial mods are removed ( if any )

run a cleanup and repair, ( or if steam verify install )

Rename your dcs.openbeta folder in saved games ( keep it as a backup )

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

restart DCS allow it to create a new one, redo your settings and test

You can move your input folder back after to save time from the renamed one.

If you still have no joy please attach your fresh dcs.log

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I had exact same problems with the last version as well so unless that memory leak was carried away from the last version I'm not convinced that this patch will fix the issue.

• ED Team
I had exact same problems with the last version as well so unless that memory leak was carried away from the last version I'm not convinced that this patch will fix the issue.

You are new to the forum, but if you post your dcs.logs .crash or any track replay I would be happy to take a look. Guide in my signature

Otherwise it is just guess work. :)

Edited by BIGNEWY

You are new to the forum, but if you post your dcs.logs .crash or any track replay I would be happy to take a look. Guide in my signature

Otherwise it is just guess work. :)

No problem I can send you my log. Where should I send it?

New to the forum doesn't mean I'm new to the game.

• ED Team
No problem I can send you my log. Where should I send it?

New to the forum doesn't mean I'm new to the game.

Please make a new thread so it does not get lost, and we will take a look

thanks

And is still there, was jumping for Quick Flight in the Dora where can also pretty fast reproduce the Freeze on Normandy Map.

Can't still provide any crash Log, because DCS Task is still Running...

PS: can not change any FOV Settings do Integrity Check increasing pre Rendered Frames doesn't help for me at least.

So now?

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• ED Team
I have now played all the 3 first missions in the “enemy within” campaign and after your advice everything went fine. I hope it will continue.

Hey! that is good news. :thumbup:

Hey! that is good news. :thumbup:

@BIGNEWY I did all your advice (cleanup, repair, rebuild the "C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta" directory) and still no joy for me. Freezes within 5-10 minutes still.

Noticed that there are quite a few errors in the log files of missing models and files. Find that odd since this comes right after the repair. I did a spot check on my system for some of them and they really aren't there.

Log attached.

Logs.zip

Edited by geodirk
clarification

What do you re name the folder to?

But this Fighting the Symptoms not actual the Problem, don't want to change to different FOV because I like it in the Stock Configuration, at least there should be DCS running without struggle...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• ED Team
What do you re name the folder to?

updated the advice here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202214

all you are doing is renaming the folder, it does not matter to what, just make it different.

example C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbetabackup

Add me to the list of users having hard unrecoverable freezes trying to use triple monitors.

i7- 6700 non oc at 4.0

EVGA 1080ti no OC

16 gigs ram no OC

Triple 27" monitors with resolution set for 5760x1080 as single monitor within game settings. Verified game files through steam and did the delete of the saved games folder with a fresh restart. No joy as sim locked up again within 5 minutes on the weapons practice mission. At this point I'd like to try the change in FOV setting, but I'm unable to find where in the view lua the setting actually is. Can somebody assist?

On another note, I do NOT have this issue when playing the title via my Rift. Only with triple monitors and TrackIR.

At this point I'd like to try the change in FOV setting, but I'm unable to find where in the view lua the setting actually is. Can somebody assist?

FOV min/max video instructions from the pilot Phil Style:

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

• ED Team
thx fella :thumbup:

Do we need to do it every time we want to launch the game?

no Just once,

it is basically insuring there are no settings issues from previous builds or from scripts and so on.