A question for Wags

hollow

Dear Matt,

Could you please bo so kind and share your in-game settings, primarily the gamma setting, AA and AF settings and global cockpit illumination option? I tried everything to make my 2.5 look as good as your videos, but I don't quite get there. Besides, do you use any kind of reshade/sweetfx mod?

Please note, I use a high-end PC...

Regards,

Matej

Edited by hollow

Thanks for replying, Glowing Amramm. I actually had to re-calibrate my ASUS ROG Swift monitor and it`s much better now. Besides, let me congratulate you for an awesome DCS 2.5 trailer (I even got some goosebumps while watching). I really hope it attracts more people to come by.

Cheers!

Edited by hollow

I think alot of us have tweeking to do,,, I am in the same boat,,Im sure with research and tinkering, all will be good,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I'm tinkering myself to death here and its not doing much good, but agree Gamma seems to be at the core of this problem, and time of day/season. High summer looks awful no matter what I do but Spring or Autumn are getting there, and winter does look good at any setting.

I think the texture modders will make a huge difference too, give them a little time.

I am going to try some of the older landscape textures over the next few days and see how they look.

Nice to have everything back in one package again.

• ED Team
Dear Matt,

Could you please bo so kind and share your in-game settings, primarily the gamma setting, AA and AF settings and global cockpit illumination option? I tried everything to make my 2.5 look as good as your videos, but I don't quite get there. Besides, do you use any kind of reshade/sweetfx mod?

Please note, I use a high-end PC...

Regards,

Matej

You bet:

- Gamma 1.8

- Global Illum On

- Deferred Shading On

- AA to 2

- AF to 16

- Res 2560x1440

No mods, ever.

A big part is also time of day. I never use noon, but rather mid-morning or late afternoon.

Edited by Wags

You bet:

- Gamma 1.8

- Global Illum On

- Deferred Shading On

- AA to 2

- AF to 16

- Res 2560x1440

No mods, ever.

Thanks Matt. I actually ended up with practically the same settings. However, as others have pointed out, the cockipt and terrain lighting should be modified a bit in order to make the terrain darker and cockpits a bit brigter especially during the day time. Early morning and late afternoon are fine. It's early 2.5 days, I'm sure we'll be fine after a couple of patches...

Cheers.

Matej

You bet:

- Gamma 1.8

- Global Illum On

- Deferred Shading On

- AA to 2

- AF to 16

- Res 2560x1440

No mods, ever.

In VR, are the rest of your settings still as quoted below? This is with the 2x MSAA and 16x AA also? This would help me very much in trying to baseline my VR settings, given the similarities of our rigs.

Thanks, and great job to you and the team on 2.5

Source: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3316375&postcount=573

One of the questions we regularly get is how the updated Caucasus map will perform in VR. Generally, we/I am very hesitant to remark on expected performance because of the huge number of factors that can affect this. We have seen many cases of people having almost the exact same hardware, but experience greatly varying performance.

As such, I can only comment on how it performs for me, and this may or may not reflect your experience.

When flying today in the updated map in the Hornet, I spent much of it screaming down heavily wooded river valleys, with the occasional pop-ups to higher altitudes. Graphics setting was the default HIGH with tree rendering distance to set maximum and the visib range setting at HIGH. Pixel Density was set to 1.5. During all times, the FPS never dipped below 45 for a very smooth "space warp" experience.

Hope this helps.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

You bet:

- Gamma 1.8

- Global Illum On

- Deferred Shading On

- AA to 2

- AF to 16

- Res 2560x1440

No mods, ever.

A big part is also time of day. I never use noon, but rather mid-morning or late afternoon.

Interesting, I find that high a gamma setting just way too bright for me. I have mine down to 1.2. My other settings are the same.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• ED Team
In VR, are the rest of your settings still as quoted below? This is with the 2x MSAA and 16x AA also? This would help me very much in trying to baseline my VR settings, given the similarities of our rigs.

Thanks, and great job to you and the team on 2.5

- Gamma 1.5

- Global Illum On

- Deferred Shading On

- AA to 0

- AF to 16

- IPD 50

- Pixel Density 1.5

No mods, ever.

Interesting, I find that high a gamma setting just way too bright for me. I have mine down to 1.2. My other settings are the same.

have you calibrated your Screens in Windows?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The HMD screens? I was not aware one could do that?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

- Gamma 1.5

- Global Illum On

- Deferred Shading On

- AA to 0

- AF to 16

- IPD 50

- Pixel Density 1.5

No mods, ever.

Thanks, boss. Much appreciated :thumbup:

Believe he is in VR...I find that in VR I need the gamma much lower than I do when on a monitor. I am usually at 1.2-1.3 gamma in VR...looks like Wags doesn't use as much of a spread between monitor (only a 0.1 different per his posts ITT). If I don't put my gamma low like that VR looks washed out quite often for me in bright daytime conditions, not so much on my calibrated monitor.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Thanks, boss. Much appreciated :thumbup:

Believe he is in VR...I find that in VR I need the gamma much lower than I do when on a monitor. I am usually at 1.2-1.3 gamma in VR...looks like Wags doesn't use as much of a spread between monitor (only a 0.1 different per his posts ITT). If I don't put my gamma low like that VR looks washed out quite often for me in bright daytime conditions, not so much on my calibrated monitor.

Yes pretty much the same for me.

Don B