DCS 2.5 - Super Slow Down Load Speed

Tripps

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone else having issues downloading the 2.5 Update from the DCS server ?

I downloaded the first 58GB in about ten minutes, now I've been going at it for six hours trying to get the second 15GB torrent file.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Many thanks

Tripps

Yes, mine's super slow too. Anything from kb/s to 1.7mb/s over fiber. This rate it will take anything from 20 to 35 hours!!

It just jumped to 3mb/s now going down again...lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gumbo's Flying Circus - Visit Twitch to Watch!

PC Specs: 2700x @ 4Ghz, 32Gb 3200 DDR4, 8GB Palit RTX 2080, Intel SSD7 NvMe, Samsung 860 Evo SSD, AOC G2460PF 144hz 1ms 1080p Freesync monitor, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackHat :pilotfly:

umm isn't the 2.5 being Torrented and not from any 1 location, it is from many users like yourselves who share the data..

I just imagine they need a better way to setup the torrenting system they have implemented meaning more control on how many peers one can connect to..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

umm isn't the 2.5 being Torrented and not from any 1 location, it is from many users like yourselves who share the data..

I just imagine they need a better way to setup the torrenting system they have implemented meaning more control on how many peers one can connect to..

Yes it torrents so you are uploading whilst downloading also. Supposed to reduce network loads but makes it all super slow.

A direct download over multiple cloud servers would be great.

Edited by Elliottc26

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gumbo's Flying Circus - Visit Twitch to Watch!

PC Specs: 2700x @ 4Ghz, 32Gb 3200 DDR4, 8GB Palit RTX 2080, Intel SSD7 NvMe, Samsung 860 Evo SSD, AOC G2460PF 144hz 1ms 1080p Freesync monitor, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackHat :pilotfly:

I have only just started the download. After copying files from 2.2 I have 22.5 GB to torrent.

I'm in Australia and I'm currently getting 1 MB/s, which is pretty close to the top speed of my ADSL2 connection, so I'm very happy so far.

Complete contrast to to the Nevada download. This is a dream so far. Very happy.

I have only just started the download. After copying files from 2.2 I have 22.5 GB to torrent.

I'm in Australia and I'm currently getting 1 MB/s, which is pretty close to the top speed of my ADSL2 connection, so I'm very happy so far.

Complete contrast to to the Nevada download. This is a dream so far. Very happy.

I am in Adelaide too Phantom453, it's super slow for me and I'm on the 100mbs NBN connection.

I am in Adelaide too Phantom453, it's super slow for me and I'm on the 100mbs NBN connection.

Hey Tripps - Go figure??? I'd normally say, "Lucky you!" having a NBN connection already. I'm still a few months away - they have been doing stuff with cabling in the street for the last month or so.

As I type this I'm 37% complete and still getting a constant 1 MB/s (max for my ADSL). My ISP is Optusnet (ATM).

What speeds are you getting ATM for the 2.5 D/L? What sort of speed do you normally get for a large DCS download?

Hey Tripps - Go figure??? I'd normally say, "Lucky you!" having a NBN connection already. I'm still a few months away - they have been doing stuff with cabling in the street for the last month or so.

As I type this I'm 37% complete and still getting a constant 1 MB/s (max for my ADSL). My ISP is Optusnet (ATM).

What speeds are you getting ATM for the 2.5 D/L? What sort of speed do you normally get for a large DCS download?

I downloaded the first 53GB really quickly. On average my internet speed for downloading is 3 to 4MB/s; however, it when it switched over to the second file which is 15GB it slowed right down. Right now I am at 80% downloading at 500kb/s.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if you have a 1Mb, 10Mb, or a 100Mb connection, if the server and it's internet connection is at saturation it's not going to go any faster (in general).

I'm on a 50Mb connection & I am getting 0.8Mb/s up to 1.6Mb/s down load speeds.

I dont even know how to download the update.

I have Installed 1.5.8 and 2.0.

When i click on start, the updater thinks that he is up to date..

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance

If you have the Open Beta, run the Updater for it rather than just starting the game.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I’ve got a 22gb download. Started last night at 11pm - it’s now 21 hours later and shot 200mb to go. It’s been terrible, sometimes it stops dead, mostly it’s 20kb/n it’ll jump to 300kb a sec. worst thing is I can’t do anything else on the internet with any device over WiFi or cable while it’s downloading!!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I’ve got a 22gb download. Started last night at 11pm - it’s now 21 hours later and shot 200mb to go. It’s been terrible, sometimes it stops dead, mostly it’s 20kb/n it’ll jump to 300kb a sec. worst thing is I can’t do anything else on the internet with any device over WiFi or cable while it’s downloading!!

It's been a long frustrating process :-)

I've even had a few of the 'you've been disconnected as the server is full' messages too.

Hopefully it will be done today :-)

Got 2.5 down yesterday, now the nevada and normandy map, no torrent dl coming up, just http at 200KB/s

This will take days.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Got 2.5 down yesterday, now the nevada and normandy map, no torrent dl coming up, just http at 200KB/s

This will take days.

Seems to be region-dependant. I'm getting OK speeds atm:

IDMw9Zb.png

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Seems the torrent option is back but stuck at preparing torrent.

Its pretty late here now so I will try again tomorrow. It wants to pull 40gb (Nor/Nev) my 2.2 is up to date but with that file size I can only do it after midnight.

Enjoy

EDIT: torrent downloading :pilotfly::thumbup:

Edited by Vlerkies

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Unfortunately, people are only sharing the files that they have downloaded while they are downloading. Whenever they are done downloading, they are no longer seeding. I wish ED would release the torrents so people with the ability to seed the files when they are not downloading anymore.

I only got a 3rd of the maps down, torrent started of at a reasonable speed but then dropped to well below 1mb, so it will be a few nights more for me.

At least I have 2.5 and can enjoy the wonderful new Caucasus map. It really is brilliant.