DCS World 2.5 Open Beta - Now Available!

Wags

"i don't get an update by running the updater. am i doing it wrong?

running 1.5.8 and not nevada though i tried and neither works. is it actually out yet?"

Go to your 1.5 install folder.

Go to bin folder and start the dcs-updater.exe

It will force your game to check for the update.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this already available ?

I press the " update DCS World " but nothing happen

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

But what exctly you copied?¿?...I did copy the Normandy folder (in mods/terrains) and then run the 2.5 exe, it appeared as "installed" but it didn't worked in the mission editor...

thanks!

It did the same for me so I used Skates updater and it showed them installed as well.

Then I clicked on each and it re-checked/downloaded a little bit (3.5gb) and now works in the editor now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's only available for the OpenBeta 1.5.8 install.

So, i can't update it ?

1715005099_dcsversion.jpg.f0e1f8f71d1132798423387b3125f591.jpg

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I've gotta say, I'm impressed AF with the 2.5 performance. On my rig it performs better than 1.5.8 - which was my main concern and a possibility to keep both version, but I guess it wont be necessary.

OUTSTANDING work, ED team! You guys nailed.

¬ wedge

Wishlist: DCS: F-16C

wedgeDCS - Modern Custom CSS themes for the Forum

OK, so 2.5 update occurred and installed Caucusus OK.

Didn't ask about copying or deleting OA 2.2 files. Now when I try to install ALL the 2.2 stuff from module manager it is showing a 40Gb download! The files are already there. How do I point 2.5 to that fact?

Probably a bit late for you since you have it installed already, but for those that haven't started the upgrade as yet, a little info.

To make DCS 2.5 see your DCS World 2 openalpha install for the files it needs instead of re-downloading:

1. If your openalpha was installed the correct way originally, it would have the path in the registry, if you just copied and pasted from another install or moved it to another drive, the path will not be registered in the registry in which case you would have to add it manually. (some one else has shown how to do this already)
  2. Second option is to make a test file in the root directory of you DCS 1.5 OB version called dcs_local_source.txt with the path to the openalpha install, I have attached an example, you just have to change it to your appropriate path, but leave the double \\ between directories.

Regards, Ian

dcs_local_source.txt

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

The launch video in the OP is very, very good.

I assume it's a GA video as it doesn't say who made it.

Yes indeed it is!!! I almost cried, BUT smiling while watching it!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I have 2.0 open alpha in the original install spot on C drive, I originally had 1.5 stable there as well but moved it to my E drive a few weeks ago. They both have updated when needed since the move but once I start the download tomorrow (or whenever the next one is for me) will I have problems since I moved 1.5? Or since I never moved the 2.0 alpha should I be ok.

That regedit stuff confuses me. Apologies for yet another question about the multiple drives since there are many already.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Map is absolutely stunning. Stuck @ msaa 2x and medium/flat shadows for now and making me wish gpu's weren't outrageously priced at the moment but.. the 980ti will do until nvidia tells us what they plan in 2018 (hopefully in march).

Thanks for all your hard work on this update! Stoked about the continuing improvement of DCS World.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.