VR / Oculus Rift Questions

Turnip

I have yet to take the plunge with Oculus Rift or any other VR type system so my questions are...

Does anyone have a O/R and if so, do you experience motion sickness while flying? Is it worth the $$$. I have set up the PS3 camera to act like a TrackIR using Opentrack but cannot get it adjusted correctly. ( Thought about getting the new TrackIR. )

With the release of the F-18 coming, I want this as real as possible. Any thoughts?

Of course it's worth the moneyz...

Motion sickness is on an individual basis... some have zero issues with VR...

I had a rough two months of getting used to the Rift...

...every time being able to endure a tad more into the flight before resting...

...after some time it doesn't even touch you anymore...

Buy it... for the DCS sim, it's simply the way it was meant to be flown...

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Hmm Oculus Rift, let's see if I can word this properly.

YES BY ALL MEANS!!!

A word of caution, everyone can experience it in different ways. For me, I have been using the Rift for over a year now and have yet to even think about going back to flying on a monitor. No way. No how.

It is the biggest game changer I have ever seen in my lifetime for PC gaming. And while this first generation is a little rough around the edges, for me the experience and immersion is just so incredible I do not even think about those limitations.

Now having said that, there will always be some ( typically a very few ) that just do not like it in it's current form. Odds are though, you will.

Regarding motion sickness, I get that very easily - always have. It bothered me some at first and I would have to take breaks. After a very few short weeks I became fairly acclimated to it, and it no longer bothers me at all. Well maybe occasionally when I have to do some crazy evasive maneuvers lol.

What are your system specs?

VR is pretty demanding.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I got mine right at the beginning so I paid close to double the current price and I'd say I've had excellent value for money. I don't think the rift causes any more nausea than real flying personally, and games like DCS go into a whole new level in VR. Basically anything that involves flying or driving is amazing.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

Most people find their legs with VR and become accustomed to the motion sickness.

I rarely get the butterflies now but sometimes forget how bad it can be for newbies when demoing the Rift to others.

Get it, you will not regret it.

Edited by Aerodyne
typos

i bought vive for dcs. i am more than satisfied. However, my wife still cannot fly at all because of motion sickness. She really wanted to fly the thing and tried a few good hours in great agony to get accustomed, but failed. so it can be a deciding factor for some people i think..

At least maybe you can try the VR driving game in the nearest game center / arcade. My wife says VR driving induces more motion sickness than dcs. so if you are OK in driving, you may have good chance to be OK in dcs

I have the Rift, it's a game changer. It do take some hours to get accustomed to since tracking is 1:1 and initially a slight nausea can occur.

If I were You though, I'd hold off a bit until we see what Pimax deliver because the larger FOW and higher resolution will be the next step in evolution for VR.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb