VULCAN FORGE - A Realistic 10 Mission AV-8B Campaign on NTTR

Sedlo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys and Sedlo,

I hope you guys are doing pretty well. After I came back flying the Harrier and updating my quick checklist, I decided to fly your Campaign Vulcan Forge (1.8 ). It was awesome.

Very well scripted and worked flawlessly. I love it all.

If I may make a couple of suggestions, I'd say:

1- Make a doc package available with charts like Missions 01/08/09 and 10. It makes easier to put it on on other monitor. The briefing is nice also, but the Nav and WPTs Map are more important.

2- Maybe, just a maybe, you may add a couple of missions in the middle of the campaign with some other weapons like Jdam (nothing complicated) and AGM-65G, but it is just a suggestion.

I loved the weapons and employments variation and surely it made me a better AV8B virtual pilot.

Thanks a lot,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

Hi, is with mission 7 everything ok? After I bombed the truck, two F-18 arrived and I have to RTB. Wasn´t there a enemy helicopter, when I flown this mission long time ago?

I tried it twice.

Thanks!

Hi, is with mission 7 everything ok? After I bombed the truck, two F-18 arrived and I have to RTB. Wasn´t there a enemy helicopter, when I flown this mission long time ago?

I tried it twice.

Thanks!

Hi,

I just flew the campaign and Mission 7 was just the truck. I was told to RTB after that and never saw an enemy Helo. It came out as success.

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

Hey SYDY! I've updated the campaign to version 1.9 today, and I should have the issue in mission 7 and 10 fixed now.

Some of the missions are now Cold Starts, too.

Yay! Man, you guys are really a service to this sim. Kudos.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

That's how you do it! Very very good campaign using the AV8 the way it's meant to, within the constraints of DCS.

Absolutely terrific.

Yes yes, robot voices are "meh" and you may want to add a pause between the spoken lines. Also I'd like NOT to have all caps. But those are minor gripes ins what's otherwise a job very well done!

One more thing: make sure it's for Stable, not Open Beta. Stable is the supported version of the game.

Respect and thank you!

Hey SYDY! I've updated the campaign to version 1.9 today, and I should have the issue in mission 7 and 10 fixed now.

Some of the missions are now Cold Starts, too.

Thanks a lot, Sedlo. I already downloaded it.

Tks also to unlikely_spider!

Sydy

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Steve Trowell said:

I've only managed to find some vaguely appropriate amount of time to dedicate to DCS during these various lockdowns & have just started your Vulcan Forge Campaign but I'm already loving it & really appreciate all the time & effort you've put in @Sedlo Thank you..!

Thank you, Steve!  I haven’t ran through the campaign in a couple of patches, I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know if you run into any issues. 

cheers! 

sedlo 

20 hours ago, Sedlo said:

Thank you, Steve!  I haven’t ran through the campaign in a couple of patches, I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know if you run into any issues. 

cheers! 

sedlo 

Hi Sedlo, I don't suppose you have any more new AV-8B or F-18 missions? Your Red Flag F-18 missions were the best I've every come across. I just wish there was bit more. Especially for the Harrier. I tried Vulcan Forge but gave up kind of quickly as I wasn't a fan of the comms voicovers and the fictional scenario. I know it was your early work. 

I remember you were saying you have an F-18 campaign ready to go. Is that getting close? 

Also the Syria map has virtually zero content atm. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about M3 (night low level LST GBU bombing)...    I am arriving low level to avoid the SA-8... i.e 150ft ...  rise up 3 miles before... but GBUs keep missing target because, I think, they need to be dropped from higher altitude in order to be able to steer themselves.  Am I wrong there?  Waht altitude are u guys coming at and are you hitting tgt?

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

29 minutes ago, Sedlo said:

Once you get a lock on the laser spot and it's designated, pull up into a steep climb while holding the pickle button.. Bombs should come off on their own and guide to target.

They do but they land too short or too long.  what altitude are you went you arrive / just before you pull up?

Edited by Brainfreeze

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals