Windows Vista: The longest suicide letter...

yep as a caveat - it has been said that what was said about winxp at first , kind of now applies to vista - i think this is the rationale behind the advice of the uk gaming magazines , to leave vista alone until its sorted out more - re patches etc

if dx10 does remain vista only - and new games become dx10 only say in 2 years time - then we will have no choice but to install vista - and this is / was probably the grand microsoft long range plan / strategy - these guys are not exactly thick when it comes to money making schemes etc !

also bear in mind games development cycles tend to be 18 months to 2 years or longer !!

True. Die hard gamers will have no choice but to get vista, but then "choice" is the key word here.

P5b-E rev 1.0; E6600@3GHz; Tuniq 120; Kingston Hyperion 2GB; Gigabyte 7600GT Silent Pipe II; WD Raptor 150GB; Vantec 500W PS

so basically you are not using vista much then - becoz not many true dx10 games yet !

i think lost planet - call of juarez and maybe 1 or 2 more have patches which add a few extra fancy dx10 gfx options - but you could debate and argue what makes a true dx10 game ! ??

obviously 100% dx10 games are .and will be coming - no doubt !

i want to play that new Mercenaries game - set in venezuela - it tho i think is defo dx9 and probly dx10 enhanced )