Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

Nice little business for Delta Electronics. 2165 @ £40ish... revenues of £86,000 or so. I imagine that margins are quite good. ...

I don't think Delta started counting his kits at 0001, so he probably has earned a litte less. Anyway, he had a great idea and he produces a good quality product. That's why I have no problem with him earning some money. :)

I bought his force sensing kit (https://deltasimelectronics.com/products/force-sensor-uprade-kit) and I can say it's worth every cent. :thumbup:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Thanks to Delta Sim: it is a nice product. Good design, good instructions (but maybe link to the calibration software would be useful) and actually very well manufactured (high quality 3D printed parts, not low quality prints and beautifully soldered PCB... very professional... makes Thrustmasters PCBs look like amateur hour). Not inexpensive, but a worthwhile upgrade.

Thanks very much, I spend a lot a time getting the PCBs and soldering to look top notch, so I’m glad it is appreciated :thumbup:

If it help anyone I am currently up to shipping #2073, shipping around 20 units per week so you should be able to calculate yours from there.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

I don't think Delta started counting his kits at 0001, so he probably has earned a litte less. Anyway, he had a great idea and he produces a good quality product. That's why I have no problem with him earning some money. :)

I bought his force sensing kit (https://deltasimelectronics.com/products/force-sensor-uprade-kit) and I can say it's worth every cent. :thumbup:

Yes the order numbers start at #1000, so it is less but still plenty :). I still have a full time day job so this is just a nice sideline :D

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

Thanks very much, I spend a lot a time getting the PCBs and soldering to look top notch, so I’m glad it is appreciated :thumbup:

If it help anyone I am currently up to shipping #2073, shipping around 20 units per week so you should be able to calculate yours from there.

So my order #2107 should ship in the next couple weeks. Woohoo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Delivered and put into operation.

Nice and easy mounting with clear instructions, i think 20 minutes taking my time to avoid mistakes.

Just tried a test on the Hornet and ... well ... amazing!

Someone else has already said this, but that's how the warthog should be!

Thank you very much for the upgrade!!!

A small sidenote: my throttle died while I was on vacation. It's been in service since 2012 and I know of people whose throttles died a lot sooner than that.

Just installed a replacement PCB from Thrustmaster, re-calibrated using DeltaAlphaLima's excellent guide and tool, and everything is fine again.

I really don't think the new slew stick had anything to do with the throttle dying (I installed it more than 7 months ago, after all), just thought I'd let you guys know anyway.

Deltaalphalima1,

Just want to let you know that my "Super Gucci" Force Sensing TDC for my Warthog is still going strong and is an absolute pleasure to use.

My friends thought I was mad spending that much on one ministick but after having used it in the A-10 and now the Hornet they all want one.

Im like "Sorry lads, You missed the boat, should have bought one when I told you about it."

giphy.gif

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Deltaalphalima1,

Just want to let you know that my "Super Gucci" Force Sensing TDC for my Warthog is still going strong and is an absolute pleasure to use.

My friends thought I was mad spending that much on one ministick but after having used it in the A-10 and now the Hornet they all want one.

Im like "Sorry lads, You missed the boat, should have bought one when I told you about it."

I can similarly attest to the quality of the force sensing solution, and also some of my friends being equally jealous :D

I have said it many times before but thanks ever so much for this, Delta!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Groundpounder extraordinaire

SPECS: i7-4790K, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 16 GB RAM, MSI GTX 980ti, Thrustmaster WARTHOG HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR 5

Great to hear it’s still working perfectly. The force sensors really are great. Basically no moving parts so nothing to wear out – I would be surprised if they didn’t outlast the life of the throttle. Hopefully it should give you may more years of use.

If you felt crazy buying one, imagine how crazy I felt buying 30 sensors from the other side of the world off eBay, but it seems to have worked out in the end :D

If you felt crazy buying one, imagine how crazy I felt buying 30 sensors from the other side of the world off eBay, but it seems to have worked out in the end :D

Lol! Good point! If I remember correctly they were “New Old Stock” or something and the RRP for the sensor on its own is usually £350 or something?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Lol! Good point! If I remember correctly they were “New Old Stock” or something and the RRP for the sensor on its own is usually £350 or something?

How do you like your FSSB R3 Lightning? Noticed you are an owner. I've been considering one of these for a long time and the upcoming F-16 in DCS has reinvigorated my interest. Thinking about buying a new Warthog grip/stick just to put this base on it for the F-16 module.

I've noticed the FSSB R3 Lightning is the primary consumer model now. Back when I looked last at the product it was the "FSSB R3 Warthog"....not sure what the differences are.

P.S. The F-16 grip angle adapter for the Lightning looks amazing!

http://realsimulator.com/html/fssb_r3_lighting.html

AngleAdapter_823.jpg.0efed55d99f4544c7c3d35aded30ef2e.jpg

Edited by dadunn1700

Received my order# 2107 the other day. Installed in a few minutes. Just need to tweak the settings in DCS as it is too fast.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Does the kit come with a step by step procedure for doing the modification and do I need to use the thrustmaster software to recalibrate it or can this be done through windows. I do not currently use the TM software

Edited by btaft

Does the kit come with a step by step procedure for doing the modification and do I need to use the thrustmaster software to recalibrate it or can this be done through windows. I do not currently use the TM software

:)

Can also be found on the website

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0011/5602/2282/files/Thumbstick_Install_Instructions.pdf?2

I received and installed mine. It is worth every penny and lives up to what has been said in the the forums. I can now slew or head look with precision. The feel is so much better that the original Warthog nipple. I'm a happy simmer now.

Order #2149 shipped!

Glad to hear that !!! Because mine is #2165 (should be very soon). :D

OS:Win10 64bit*/MB: Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING / HD:SSD

CPU Type: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3700Mhz / Ram:32Gb DDR4

Mon: Dell AW3418DW LCD + 3 x CUBESIM displays.

Hotas : TM Warthog #4347 | #80897 | TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick / TM Pendular Rudder / Cougar MFDs / Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC / Elgato Stream Decks / Virpil T50-CM2 Base and Grip / Winwing Super Taurus | PCR | PTO / Monstechtech Desk Mounts 

Received and installed the mod, weird thing is it won't recalibrate for some reason. I've ran the calibration tool that DeltaSim provides and checked in windows under USB game controllers to check if it works, but the slew is stuck in the top left corner.

I've ran the calibration tool a couple of times and even rebooted twice but still nothing, even in the standard windows calibation it doesn't pick up any movement. The depressing of the stick does show up in the windows game controllers as button 1.

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Received and installed the mod, weird thing is it won't recalibrate for some reason. I've ran the calibration tool that DeltaSim provides and checked in windows under USB game controllers to check if it works, but the slew is stuck in the top left corner.

I've ran the calibration tool a couple of times and even rebooted twice but still nothing, even in the standard windows calibation it doesn't pick up any movement. The depressing of the stick does show up in the windows game controllers as button 1.

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Is the latest firmware for the throttle (ver. 23) installed?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack