Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

Another happy customer here. I bought the deltasim slew upgrade and my only regret is not buying it earlier. I can’t believe how big of a difference it makes with slewing the tpods and mav screens. From very slow moves to bigger faster moves across the screen it does it all depending on how far you move the slew stick. Installation was easy, just don’t rush it and take your time and read the instructions and follow them precisely to avoid issues.

Ordered mine today!

Order #5074

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

Anyone else had an issue with the slew on the new A10C II when trying to slew to the right or left?

It slews for a bit and then just stops. Like it was released back to the center position.

Thought it might be calibration but redoing that didn't change anything.

Moving the stick to just short of the left or right stop, it works normally and will keep slewing, so only does it at the extreme left and right it seems.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Bit the bullet today, order #5148. Now I’m waiting like a kid for Christmas. Well, that’s appropriate, since it will ship in December. :)

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

For the life of me I can't get the old sensor to come out of the throttle! I looked at the pictures in the manual, I looked at videos, looks easy but I just can't seem to take that sensor out I can see the 2 clips but they won't budge. Any suggestions?

IMG_7784.thumb.jpg.df11c779e26e099cdf8ee84a22cba313.jpg

Anyone else had an issue with the slew on the new A10C II when trying to slew to the right or left?

It slews for a bit and then just stops. Like it was released back to the center position.

Thought it might be calibration but redoing that didn't change anything.

Moving the stick to just short of the left or right stop, it works normally and will keep slewing, so only does it at the extreme left and right it seems.

Installed mine today, and I'm having the same issue. It only seems to happen when making an abrupt change from diagonal to vertical or horizontal movement.

Installed mine today, and I'm having the same issue. It only seems to happen when making an abrupt change from diagonal to vertical or horizontal movement.

You got me curious, so I had to go try it. I tried everything and couldn't get it to stop slewing.

Buzz

Has anyone tried to install a rubber washer/o-ring around the mini-stick, between it and the front plate to get a stiffer and shorter throw, more akin to a force sensor? Or some other way to get a similar feel?

Something like this chap has done to his Warthog stick:

I've just ordered the DS upgrade, and after trying an xbox stick under my slew finger to simulate it, I'm not so sure that I like the feel of it. But if it could be firmer, I could definitely see it beeing a significant upgrade for me.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Tried playing with saturation etc and nothing seems to make a difference. Gotta be the module I suppose, no issues in the F16 with slewing the TGP around, but does it constantly in the A10C II and is kinda random.

No doubt about it though, the slew is infinitely better with this mod!

Edit: BuzzU, can you share your axis setups for x and y?

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Has anyone tried to install a rubber washer/o-ring around the mini-stick, between it and the front plate to get a stiffer and shorter throw, more akin to a force sensor? Or some other way to get a similar feel?

Something like this chap has done to his Warthog stick:

I've just ordered the DS upgrade, and after trying an xbox stick under my slew finger to simulate it, I'm not so sure that I like the feel of it. But if it could be firmer, I could definitely see it beeing a significant upgrade for me.

There was someone on here who installed some soft foam inside/ around the hat part to achieve something similar. I’m not sure how that ended up, but could be worth a try if you’re looking for a stiffer feel?

Found it: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...20#post5149820

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

Tried playing with saturation etc and nothing seems to make a difference. Gotta be the module I suppose, no issues in the F16 with slewing the TGP around, but does it constantly in the A10C II and is kinda random.

No doubt about it though, the slew is infinitely better with this mod!

Edit: BuzzU, can you share your axis setups for x and y?

I haven't changed the default Hog setup. 5 deadzone, 30 curve, and 30 saturation.

• Like 1

Buzz

For the life of me I can't get the old sensor to come out of the throttle!

Glad you got it out by now.

Just wanted to say that I installed the new slew cursor into 2 throttles. With the first one, it took me 20 minutes, a screwdriver and several sore fingertips to get the old cursor out.

With the second one it was completely effortless, the old cursor just came loose with a very gentle push. Seems a few Warthogs out there are just a lot tighter than most others.

There was someone on here who installed some soft foam inside/ around the hat part to achieve something similar. I’m not sure how that ended up, but could be worth a try if you’re looking for a stiffer feel?

Found it: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...20#post5149820

Oh that's good to see, I didn't even consider foam. And they seem happy with the results.

Looking forward to receiving mine and experimenting.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning,

Well my order arrived last week and I'm excited to do the upgrade but I'm also alittle scared too. I waited over 4 months for my warthog and as they are super duper hard to get these day which is why im alittle bit on the worried side that something may go wrong. But ... I'm building my courage and will most likely get it done tommorrow. I'm not worried about the replacement of the sensor but more worried about the driver update. I looked yesterday and I have Firmware V.3.0.18.328 so do I have to update my driver? I bought my Warthog on April 2020 so I am hoping this new version already has the lastest firmware. I have the worst luck with updates.

Thx !

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020