Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

ok looks like its finally hit Sydney, I blame Australia post...

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

ok looks like its finally hit Sydney, I blame Australia post...

Looking forward to your feed back once you install it.:thumbup:

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Finally arrived today. Install was fairly painless, 15 mins tops. Do cover your throttle slides before beginning so you dont need to fish a tiny bolt out with tweezers, but an amazing difference already. Well worth the time and money to get it.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Finally arrived today. Install was fairly painless, 15 mins tops. Do cover your throttle slides before beginning so you dont need to fish a tiny bolt out with tweezers, but an amazing difference already. Well worth the time and money to get it.

So glad you now have it and can see a difference it makes.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Yes this is what the default slew should act like. Cant decide between the round and square slew, but it is great so far

cw1.png

Yes this is what the default slew should act like. Cant decide between the round and square slew, but it is great so far

I hear you on that as I asked the same question - which you probably have already read.

But just in case:

If you’re not sure I would go with the square to start with, that gives you the maximum range of movement and full use of the axis.

The round is a little more realistic for some aircraft, and also more similar to a normal game pad. It also allows you to swing all the way around the outside more smoothly with hitting the corners, but at the cost of some range of motion on the diagonals.

Give them both try and see what you prefer, there is really no right or wrong :)

Transit time to the southeast US looks to be around 13 days.

Order # 4059 placed on May 26

Item shipped on 2 July

Entered into the US Postal System in Miami on 12 July

Out for delivery to me in Alabama on 15 July

13 days to cross the pond, clear customs, and find my mailbox isn't too bad!

order 4379 order placed 10 July, will update as i get the news, am uk based so shipping shouldn't take long

UPDATE: got a email on 17th august saying it had shipped, i await its arrival :)

Edited by Snowblind

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM

Order 4090 placed on June 1, received yesterday. Install and calibration was smooth and all is working well!

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Ordering mine on the website now!

My DCS Rig: NZXT H710i * Ryzen 3900x 4.4GHz+ * NZXT Kraken x72 AIO * G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB(2x16GB) 3600MHz * 2x 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 PCIe NVMe SSD * EVGA 2080 Ti Black Edition OC'd * Oculus FrankenQuest * Thrustmaster TFRP * Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS *PC Part Picker Build

Modules: A-10C * F/A-18C * F-16C * AV-8B * F-5E * FC3 * Extra 540 * Persian Gulf * Nevada * Normandy * Super Carrier * Vaicom Pro/VoiceAttack

Placed order #4348 on 6 July. Shipped today (10 Aug 20)! The countdown begins ... Royal Mail vs. USPS. It's Christmas in August ... LOL. Delta Sim TDC Upgrade arrived today, 17AUG20, and FS2020 arrives at midnight! Eight day shipping ... not bad. Throttle surgery to commence later this afternoon.

AND, F-18 FLIR coordinates and elevation on FLIR page in Wednesday's DCS update. Talk about "Just In Time" delivery! :thumbup: Delta Sim

Edited by Backy 51

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

ORDER # 4312

HELLO !!!!!

to whom it may concern:

RE: order # 4312, received Today 8/15/2020

1st, so got it in the mail today and i am very impressed! the built quality is 10++

2nd, i was skeptical to how to do install but i have followed "deltasimelectronics.com" website and VOILA !!!! INSTALLED

3rd, calibrated... 1.2.3 done VOILA !!!!

4th, launched DCS and tested on the FA18, & F16... wow!!!!!!!!! THIS UPGRADE SLEW IS BEST..... WOW..... WHAT A BIG DIFFERENT FROM THE ORIGINAL OEM HOTAS SLEW... MAN !!!!!! this upgraded SLEW made the game what should be....

to DELTA SIM !!!!!! thank you very much and thanks on the SUPER FAST SHIPPING...

HELLO !!!!!

to whom it may concern:

RE: order # 4312, received Today 8/15/2020

1st, so got it in the mail today and i am very impressed! the built quality is 10++

2nd, i was skeptical to how to do install but i have followed "deltasimelectronics.com" website and VOILA !!!! INSTALLED

3rd, calibrated... 1.2.3 done VOILA !!!!

4th, launched DCS and tested on the FA18, & F16... wow!!!!!!!!! THIS UPGRADE SLEW IS BEST..... WOW..... WHAT A BIG DIFFERENT FROM THE ORIGINAL OEM HOTAS SLEW... MAN !!!!!! this upgraded SLEW made the game what should be....

to DELTA SIM !!!!!! thank you very much and thanks on the SUPER FAST SHIPPING...

Awesome, that’s great to hear! :thumbup:

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

Damien,

Superb job. Excellent craftsmanship and solid instructions! I highly recommend your TDC Upgrade. The 'surgery" took about 90 minutes start to finish and in game to flight test in the Hornet.

My install experience:

- The tiny right side phillips screw was hard to fit with a screwdriver bit. Used an eyeglass screwdriver.

- Small hands, not my hamfist, are needed to pinch and pop out the old TDC switch. I managed with a jeweler flathead to get the old TDC switch to wiggle out. This was the hardest part of the whole operation. My head trauma nurse fainted when she saw all the exposed wires.

- Disconnecting the old TGP connector from it's PCB is a delicate procedure.

- Insertion of the new TDC switch and PCB connection was uneventful. I used the square faceplate mount. I appreciate you giving us two faceplates to choose from and spare screws with an allen wrench.

- Speaking of screws. I dropped one of the faceplate screws into the throttle binding and inside the throttle assembly. I had to take off the bottom two steel plates for it to fall out. LOL I recommend placing a paper towel or cloth around the throttle stems to avoid that needless nightmare.

- The calibration was flawless as per your instructions.

- In my F-18 test flight the new TDC for radar and FLIR cursor operation was outstanding. Very smooth tracking and movement. It's like a new sim!

Thanks for your effort and providing this excellent upgrade to the community!

Cheers,

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm so tempting to do this upgrade so bad, I hate the slew button on the WH. It scares me because I waited 4 months to get my warthog delivered and Its so hard to get one these days. But there is some really good reviews on this and seems very easy to install and what I gather so far easy to calibrate as I don't use the Thrustmaster Target software. Sounds like you really made alot of people happy with your product/upgrade so congrats.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

One question. Is it possible for a lower profile slew button? The only picture I found so far is on the first page of this post and It looks its alittle on the high side.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

One question. Is it possible for a lower profile slew button? The only picture I found so far is on the first page of this post and It looks its alittle on the high side.

You can find some pictures here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3648274&postcount=431 :)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Yeah that’s good enough for me I’m in.

Start Date April 2020 

You won't regret it one second Burt, it's a nice upgrade.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Yeah that’s good enough for me I’m in.

Me too. My slew has been acting a little hit and miss for a while and only a matter of time before it stops working completely. Those pics made my mind up and I just snagged order number 4635.

:)

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.