Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

I have been looking at the warthog setup for a while, currently using a the t1600m stick, throttle & pedals setup. I holding out in the hope that there may be a refresh with improvements to the throttle in the next year or so. It seems neglectful on TM's part to continue producing a throttle with such obvious flaws that could be easily and cheaply sorted. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a GT1 cockpit from sim-labs and hopefully soon the HP Reverb. Thrustmaster just make the few improvements and I will make the purchase.

I guess my question is whether the slew upgrade hardware fixed the problem or if it's more downstream in the wiring of the warthog.

I'm curious about this as well. I'm using the realistic TDC slew option and I'm hoping that the upgrade will give me some more accuracy. It works with the default ministick of the Warthog, it's just not very easy to use.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I have been looking at the warthog setup for a while, currently using a the t1600m stick, throttle & pedals setup. I holding out in the hope that there may be a refresh with improvements to the throttle in the next year or so. It seems neglectful on TM's part to continue producing a throttle with such obvious flaws that could be easily and cheaply sorted. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a GT1 cockpit from sim-labs and hopefully soon the HP Reverb. Thrustmaster just make the few improvements and I will make the purchase.

One would think that. The slew being one of the most noticeable issues because its unusable except for the button.

TM has sat back on their rep for too long on this and its showing.

Maybe the thread title should be changed from "Yet Another ...." to "The Most Successful Warthog Slew Mod" :)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hello guys.

Couple days ago I received my mod. After unscrewing my leobodnar mod very quick without any problems I installed new. Then I started with calibration. And here is another story. But don't panic - with good ending.

Just after calibration my left and right throttle had just maybe 10% of movement. So I just uninstalled and removed everything from thrustmaster in name, installed only drivers from thrustmaster webside and calibrated with windows caibration software. Now everything is perfect. Conclusion - don't panic, be cool because this product is very very good.

Regards 303_HOLY

Edited by 303_HOLY

Order 1820 shipped. You get yours yet?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Didn't get email notification. Anyways yes I got it about 7 days after the ship notification email.

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

What is everyone using the new slew center push button for? I mostly fly the A-10C. Not sure what to map this new button for any looking for suggestions.

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

What is everyone using the new slew center push button for?

What's new about it?

It has a slightly better feel than before, but the slew cursor push button has always been there with the Warthog. I'm using it same as before (not at all in the A-10C, but in the Ka-50 for example I use it to designate a target).

What's new about it?

It has a slightly better feel than before, but the slew cursor push button has always been there with the Warthog. I'm using it same as before (not at all in the A-10C, but in the Ka-50 for example I use it to designate a target).

I had no idea it was even there on the original slew as it was so bad. Interesting! Thanks for the response.

Mine is #1849 and I got a shipping notification today.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

What is everyone using the new slew center push button for? I mostly fly the A-10C. Not sure what to map this new button for any looking for suggestions.

I made mine a duplicate of China hat forward. Since I’m slewing with that finger, I may as well toggle my FOV with it too for TGP and Mav usage.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

I made mine a duplicate of China hat forward. Since I’m slewing with that finger, I may as well toggle my FOV with it too for TGP and Mav usage.

Great idea! Thanks for the suggestion!

I installed mine today. In the end it went well. The only issue I had was that when I separated the halves of the throttle, I pulled the ribbon cable out from the bottom of the PCB. So that made assembly extremely tricky. Mine is an early model Warthog, so I don't know if they have since lengthened that ribbon cable, but I had to assemble the right side and then re-attach it from the inside by going in from the left side of the throttle half. There really wasn't any slack in my cable, so I don't think this was avoidable for me.

But it's up and running, and it works great!

I got mine this week as well. Assembly was fine until I had to detach the old slew device from throttle. I had to peel the middle section back a little bit as well as go in from the outside to pinch the 2 clips. The instructions werent specific enough on how to do this. Once I got that done it was no problem. Works great.

For that I just used a flat screwdriver to pinch the clips.

I got mine this week as well. Assembly was fine until I had to detach the old slew device from throttle. I had to peel the middle section back a little bit as well as go in from the outside to pinch the 2 clips. The instructions werent specific enough on how to do this. Once I got that done it was no problem. Works great.