Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

I dont post very often (or at all) but I just wanted to add my opinion.

I've just received my upgrade (#1596) and it was easy to setup, instructions where clear and it works great. In 30 years of flightsims Ive never modded anything, this was a great start. Keep up the good work!

Now there's an endorsement if there ever was one! :thumbup:

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

... Yup, keeps me busy :D (note that orders started at #1000, so I have "only" sold about 800 :thumbup:)

Does that number iclude the force sensing ones? They are an excellent piece of hardware, BTW. :)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Hey - couple of questions.

1) I placed my order back on Jan 4th and have not heard anything. I have misplaced my actual order number, but just curious how overall you are progressing with January orders.

2) I have a different idea for this thumb stick. I want to add it to my VPC Throttle. I would wire it through an Ardunio board and effectively have 2 USB connections coming out of the throttle; 1 for the throttle itself and the other for the ardunio board. Your calibration utility I assume is only for intergration with the TMWH throttle itself and if I bypassed that and just went with the ardunio I suspect I would only need to use Windows calibration - correct? You might not know the answer to that but figured I'd at least validate the first part that your calibration utility is for the TMWH itself.

Thanks!

Does that number iclude the force sensing ones? They are an excellent piece of hardware, BTW. :)

It includes a couple that were sold through the website, but it’s almost all thumb sticks. There are only 32 force sensors out in the wild - so you’re in a very select bunch :thumbup:

Hey - couple of questions.

1) I placed my order back on Jan 4th and have not heard anything. I have misplaced my actual order number, but just curious how overall you are progressing with January orders.

2) I have a different idea for this thumb stick. I want to add it to my VPC Throttle. I would wire it through an Ardunio board and effectively have 2 USB connections coming out of the throttle; 1 for the throttle itself and the other for the ardunio board. Your calibration utility I assume is only for intergration with the TMWH throttle itself and if I bypassed that and just went with the ardunio I suspect I would only need to use Windows calibration - correct? You might not know the answer to that but figured I'd at least validate the first part that your calibration utility is for the TMWH itself.

Thanks!

All the orders placed on January 4th were shipped on February 28th - I’m currently up to orders placed on January 12th. If you send me a PM we will be able to work out exactly where your order is up to.

You are correct that the calibration tool is only for the throttle, so it would not do anything for a separate USB device. Each unit is individually calibrated internally before shipping so it might not even need any Windows calibration :)

I have the Arduino code to interface directly with my sensor, so if you want it let me know.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

I use this for one of my Warthog throttles and it works like a charm. Highly recommended.

Great job Delta!

Thanks Wags! Much appreciated :thumbup:

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

up and running ---- took a little jiggering and determination but i got it going

cannot recommend highly enough - fantastic addition

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

May I suggest editing post #1 of this thread with a link to purchase this? It’s probably best to keep post #1 up to date with the latest info. I’ve spent a few minutes scrolling thru this large thread and haven’t come up with it yet. Thanks!

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

May I suggest editing post #1 of this thread with a link to purchase this? It’s probably best to keep post #1 up to date with the latest info. I’ve spent a few minutes scrolling thru this large thread and haven’t come up with it yet. Thanks!

Good idea, done :thumbup:

https://deltasimelectronics.com/products/thumbstick-slew-sensor-adapter

Got mine a few days ago. Installation and calibration was easy, it was way harder to reorganize the wiring while putting everything back together. This little upgrade is awesome, a huge improvement over stock slew. Thanks a lot Delta!

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

Hi Delta !

Your mod looks very nice, I'm thinking of ordering one. I just wanted to make sure about import fees and VAT : you ship from the UK ?

Yes all orders are shipped from the UK so (for now at least) any orders within Europe won’t have to pay anything.

I think the 42.99 price comes under the threshold in most other countries too, I have not heard of anyone needing to pay anything to the US or Australia, although you could always get unlucky.

Yes all orders are shipped from the UK so (for now at least) any orders within Europe won’t have to pay anything.

I think the 42.99 price comes under the threshold in most other countries too, I have not heard of anyone needing to pay anything to the US or Australia, although you could always get unlucky.

For now yes, but if you dispatch come June (as said on your website), the UK won't be part of the EU anymore and import fees and VAT will be applicable. :p But it's alright I'd say still worth it even with the taxes (it will a bit less than 70€ I think). I ordered this afternoon !

Got my upgrade kit yesterday and had it installed and working in about 30 minutes. The biggest improvement I noticed right away in an A-10C mission was the ability to lock and fire on multiple targets MUCH quicker than with the standard slew stick. It worked so well, it actually threw my timing off a little bit. I had to remember "OK, now you have to fire the missile" because I haven't quite gotten used to getting locks so quickly. Even with that little bit of delay in my brain, I was able to lock and fire on 4 targets so quickly, that all 4 were destroyed almost simultaneously. That HAD to be pretty demoralizing for the virtual enemy I was attacking.

GREAT PRODUCT! :D :thumbup:

This is brilliant! :D

Just ordered my slew upgrade. Was not 100% sure as I am not too comfortable with upgrading the standard Warthog throttle or stick, but so much great feedback in this thread convinced me to give it a go. After reading this post, I cannot wait to try it out!

Does the mod improve slew speed as well, or is this the same? And if still the same, can this be adjusted through the slew speed setting in the TGP menu in the MFCD, or is that not functional?

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI B360M Bazooka | CPU i7 8700k @ 3.2 GHz | RAM 2x8GB GDDR4 @ 2400 MHz | GPU Gainward GeForce RTX 2070 Dual Fan | 256GB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: MSI Optix 24" LED Curved | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: A-10C | F-14 | F/A-18C | Spitfire | P-51D

This is brilliant! :D

Just ordered my slew upgrade, was not 100% sure as I am not too comfortable with upgrading the standard Warthog, but too much great feedback on this thread convinced me to give it a go. After reading this post, I cannot wait to try it out.

Does the mod improve slew speed as well, or is this the same? And if still the same, can this be adjusted through the slew speed setting in the TGP menu in the MFCD, or is that not functional?

I think the mod won't increase the actual slew speed, but the added precision and ease of handling will surely allow you to have quicker and snappier inputs when slewing.

And you can always adjust your curves to your desired settings.

Thanks for confirming, Genchou, really appreciate that. Good to know it does not impact the slew speed itself, does not matter as there are other ways to sort that. I cannot wait to try this mod out, the standard button is driving me mad!

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI B360M Bazooka | CPU i7 8700k @ 3.2 GHz | RAM 2x8GB GDDR4 @ 2400 MHz | GPU Gainward GeForce RTX 2070 Dual Fan | 256GB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: MSI Optix 24" LED Curved | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: A-10C | F-14 | F/A-18C | Spitfire | P-51D

Ordered too. Do we really need to wait till June Delta?

For new orders sadly yes. I have a very large number of orders to get through - I will do my best to ship everything as soon as possible so it could be more like late May but I can't promise anything.