104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow - Dynamic PvP Mission

104th_Maverick

Usual view of Red TS. On SRS server totally 11 pilots and no answer on red freqs. Absolute no coordination. Tears are dropping from my eyes...%D0%A1%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%88%D0%BE%D1%82%202018-03-26%2022.25.08.png?dl=0

I've never heard anyone on SRS on Red, even when doing a sound check.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do illumination rockets work with deferred shading on? I had heard there was a problem with them but haven't tested it myself.

If they do, then that's the proper way to KA-50 at night. Even better if you can work with an Su-25 or F-5E pilot to drop illumination flares as they'll last longer.

Do illumination rockets work with deferred shading on? I had heard there was a problem with them but haven't tested it myself.

If they do, then that's the proper way to KA-50 at night. Even better if you can work with an Su-25 or F-5E pilot to drop illumination flares as they'll last longer.

We did it a while back, it works.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

I changed the mission start time and month to maximise the mission time during the daylight hours.

We’ll take a look at doing mission restarts after approx 16 hours to avoid the night times until ED fix the issues with flying at night time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

My two cents, you can't force people to go on comms, if people want to be alone let them alone.

sometimes when i play i want to do my session with music and that's it and that's usually where i'm the more efficient.

I will only go on comms if i got a good GCI or pilot that is able to fight and talk quietly at the same time and not freaking out because they have Contact instead of tally or spiked/spotted instead of tagetted and who nows a minimum of codeword like target, gimbal, crank notch pump recommit.

Calling foxes every 1 second sounds cool as **** but it's completly useless.

i tried to teach some peeps on TS about the good codewords but most of them are narrow minded especially about learning new stuff from a geek.

I know that DCS is a pain to give bulls posit when fighting but that was an exemple.

And for the serv i like the idea of capturing etc etc but for me right now it's like old school serv, we are stuck between sochi and kutaisi and it's almost the same as before airbattlewise.

For the same number of fighter, there is a clear imbalance between blue and red. Fox3 vs Fox1 is not fair IMO.

I tried red side, it's fun and very very challenging and sometimes frustrating AF, but now that i got less time to play i go directly to my blue eagle, load 8 aim120, spam the sky get back and do it again, i'm having fun but there is clearly less challenge, i want challenge with my eagle.

What is the opinion about other people regarding balance?

Is it possible to create a vote to check that?

Anyway thanks 104th for the serv it's still pretty good work for sure!!!!! :)

Oh I'm having so much fun on this server!

I wish to share some of my highlights from last night flying. If it's ok?

My epic fight with a KA-50... I couldn't stop laughing even if he finally killed me;

Some in a Huey made a fantastic jobb setting up Manpads around FARP Gail;

And finally me trolling a enemy fighter - dodging 3 of his missiles;

I really can't say what's better - 2.5 patch or creating this server mission :-)

Also thanks to who ever was GCI - you make the whole experience even more awesome!

+1

Dam fine flying, guy!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS-SRS

I am always on and usually fly Red.

I don't always talk. Sometimes I listen.

I expect strictly professional, military type, helpful comms from others and no nonsense. And not listening to some guy eating his breakfast with his hot-mike on.

There are not too many on comms that qualify my expected requirements.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seriously asking is it possible to "speed up" night time hours? everyday i get in it is getting dark, and red side lacks of night capabilities. It's been a whole week like this (at least for me), a bit painful

Ka-50 and Mi-8 work great at night!

If it ain't night-time, I usually don't fly.

There are green screen Shkval and NVG mods that were still working using this server, 2 weeks back when I last flew Shark.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And for the serv i like the idea of capturing etc etc but for me right now it's like old school serv, we are stuck between sochi and kutaisi and it's almost the same as before airbattlewise.

We've added in the North of the map to the mission so it is no longer a battle between Sochi and Kutaisi.

For the same number of fighter, there is a clear imbalance between blue and red. Fox3 vs Fox1 is not fair IMO.

Fairness is no longer a priority in our server.

I tried red side, it's fun and very very challenging and sometimes frustrating AF, but now that i got less time to play i go directly to my blue eagle, load 8 aim120, spam the sky get back and do it again, i'm having fun but there is clearly less challenge, i want challenge with my eagle.

How about trying to carry some Aim7s then along with some Fox2s with your Aim120s, instead of being the stereotypical spamraaming Eagle driver ;) You might find more of a challenge there! If all I did was spam 8 AMRAAMS then RTB I would get pretty bored too.

We have some very talented SU27 drivers on Red, I would not say flying against them is not a challenge.

What is the opinion about other people regarding balance?

See our disclaimer on post number 2, no one from our squadron is claiming that is a fair or balanced mission.

We are planning to bring back some of the old missions in the future so all hope is not lost for you, but things like 'fairness' and 'balance' are no longer high on our priority list. We wanted to create a more realistic mission set for the platforms that we have available in the game and Longbow is the result. People complained at us for years about the lack of 'realism' in the server, now that we have taken steps towards something less 'airquakey' we are now getting complaints about flight times to the AO and 'balance'.

So what ever we do there is always going to be people that are not happy, we clearly can't please everyone and have given up trying to do so.

But like I said mon ami, we do plan to bring back some of the older missions for variety, I am just in no hurry to do all the editing myself to bring these missions up to the 2.5 standard the 1.5 missions can't just be saved in 2.5 then ran, some editing work needs to happen (if I never see the mission editor again for the rest of my life I'll die a happy man :D). I have left this task open to other 104th staff, once they get it done, we will run them back on for you.

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Hey Mav!

Copy that for balancing, i didn't see/read the disclaimer, so disreguard my last!

;3436215']I am just in no hurry to do all the editing myself to bring these missions up to the 2.5 standard the 1.5 missions can't just be saved in 2.5 then ran' date=' some editing work needs to happen (if I never see the mission editor again for the rest of my life I'll die a happy man [img']https://forums.eagle.ru/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]). I have left this task open to other 104th staff, once they get it done, we will run them back on for you.

Make sens now, i though mission were just plug and play between version.

And of course red got very talented known player, no doubt about that.

Aim7 sparo-what?

Thanks for the answer :)

In my opinion, being "airquakey" was the only major issue with the mission (without having any restrictions of any kind regarding platforms).

Haven't played on the extended version, hopefully stuff is better. (Tho I general I haven't played much after 2.5, just can't be happy with my GPU performance :/)

Cheers !

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Field testing Op Fireshield and Leopard on my machine on the lookout for bugs (mostly unit placements) feel free to join the server if you see it up in the list.

edit: tests over for now.

Edited by Mustang

;3436215']

We are planning to bring back some of the old missions in the future so all hope is not lost for you, but things like 'fairness' and 'balance' are no longer high on our priority list. We wanted to create a more realistic mission set for the platforms that we have available in the game and Longbow is the result. People complained at us for years about the lack of 'realism' in the server, now that we have taken steps towards something less 'airquakey' we are now getting complaints about flight times to the AO and 'balance'.

So what ever we do there is always going to be people that are not happy, we clearly can't please everyone and have given up trying to do so.

Personally I think the mission was just fine. I don't think most people realize what it takes to put a mission like this together. I think to get rid of the manpads, make it only daytime, 120Cs, etc is ridiculous and is what you would expect in a real life scenario.

You're not good at flying at night, well... What better way to get good then, well.. flying at night! Complaining about manpads, when that is literally the only defense against jets that a transport chopper has(or had). You just want to fly right up to an unarmed heli and get a quick kill? ridiculous! This side has this advantage, that side has that advantage is all just nonsense to me.

I get mentioning things that could make the mission better for everyone. But to take things out of the mission because it's "too hard", I think that is why most fly the 104th server. It's not the typical fly to this waypoint, kill this target and go to the next waypoint and on and on. I mean no offense to anyone, but most of these suggestions are just ruining the campaign. Anyway, great job to the 104th for running the server, you have way more restraint responding to some of these requests then I ever would. Keep up the great work!

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Personally I think the mission was just fine. I don't think most people realize what it takes to put a mission like this together. I think to get rid of the manpads, make it only daytime, 120Cs, etc is ridiculous and is what you would expect in a real life scenario.

You're not good at flying at night, well... What better way to get good then, well.. flying at night! Complaining about manpads, when that is literally the only defense against jets that a transport chopper has(or had). You just want to fly right up to an unarmed heli and get a quick kill? ridiculous! This side has this advantage, that side has that advantage is all just nonsense to me.

I get mentioning things that could make the mission better for everyone. But to take things out of the mission because it's "too hard", I think that is why most fly the 104th server. It's not the typical fly to this waypoint, kill this target and go to the next waypoint and on and on. I mean no offense to anyone, but most of these suggestions are just ruining the campaign. Anyway, great job to the 104th for running the server, you have way more restraint responding to some of these requests then I ever would. Keep up the great work!

Reaper6

+1

More sam’s and manpads please. I would love hard missions too.

And no need to balance everything :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reaper6

+1

as I said, the only issue I saw was the one described in my previous post

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Reaper6

+1

It all ties in with the willingness (and associated pains) to step out of the comfort zone. Manpads should have been an opportunity to teach new tactics (transport helis are forced to adapt and, as stated, that was their only AA). Just getting on Teamspeak or SRS in a great tactic, no need to think Top Gun manoeuvers.

With your addition of new airfields/farps, I suggest increasing the number of JTAC crates. Would it be possible to incorporate some type of repair/restore crate for airfields and farps? It would be cool for a transport heli to resupply a damaged asset and it would force people to get on comms to ask for assistance.

(if I never see the mission editor again I'll live a happy man :D).

Fixed it. I share your frustration. We need you, with your glass full. Salute.

Reaper6

Yes! +1

Been flying your server since I 1st joined up with DCS about 2011 with my other identity here.

Keep it up and make it harder.

Ka-50 missions used to be pretty much unique to copters only and rarely ever fighter jets even came close.

I like your newer stuff. Keep it up.

Only regret I have, wish your server could support a lot more guys!

I flew Aces High out of Texas, USA before discovering DCS and we had LOTS of guys interactions.

I still am on Windows 7 with a 2nd generation Intel CPU and a GTX 970 video card. I can still play your server fairly well.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Only regret I have, wish your server could support a lot more guys!

I flew Aces High out of Texas, USA before discovering DCS and we had LOTS of guys interactions.

I still am on Windows 7 with a 2nd generation Intel CPU and a GTX 970 video card. I can still play your server fairly well.

Maybe one day we will have dedicated servers for DCS, and that might help to support higher counts? I believe I've read that ED is working on it post 2.5, but not 100% certain and I haven't seen anything concrete as of late.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Once-in-awhile somebody will come along and announce his presence.

I'm usually in a ka-50 (although not this name :) on 132.00. Yet to hear anyone...I know SRS works because I also fly the Huey on occasion and there is always someone there. I probably could get on TS, but people tend to forget brevity unless it feels like real radio comms from within the bird. Can't stand a lot of banter when cussing the 50s autopilot in my head lol.

As far as the mission, I'm glad it's not fair, I'm glad I get my ass handed to me by a 120 from a 15 if I fly like an idiot. The more real life the better. Everyone today wants fair and easy, well life ain't fair and certainly not easy buttercup.

Making a mission ain't fun with the DCS editor, I tried it along with MOOSE to make a dynamic mission and everything broke with an update and I haven't felt like figuring out what broke...so you'll not find me complaining about what the 104 guys do, If it's fun and challenging I'll jump in, if not well there are other servers to try. But I can tell you, it can take hundreds of hours of work most of the time to get it just right if you value your work.

The only thing I'll put forth as an idea is maybe placing some strategic targets in like factories, fuel depots, power plants etc way back behind the lines to give some long strike options in, maybe far enough to require a refuel to complete. Not sure if the destruction of said facilities could have an effect on resources at the fixed coalition airbases with the ME supply chain function, I played with it a little but not sure how good it is.

But, thanks to the 104th for the fun you have provided it is much appreciated.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

I think the direction the server is going in is great. I love the idea of being able to jump into a living, breathing real-time battlefield. Works best with lots of players on - could even look at cycling some of the older missions during quieter times, with Op Longbow for peak periods?

Balance and fairness be damned when ED themselves don't design the sim with either in mind... realism ftw :thumbup:

I’m a new Huey pilot before the latest egr upgrade I was able to takeoff land and find my way around since then it ifr I’m learning to get better but is Gci operator a pilot for one of the positions or an ground crew inspector I’ll like to fly a Huey and if not I’ll be a gci. When we’ll this beheld a single day or several days. What do I need to do know and when where? If you can use me I’ll learn the simple speak and team speak prior. I’m been working other areas like voice attack and trying out different mics looking for the best to use with great. I started out with a studio scissors type mic now I’m trying a Wireless radio mic with a similar wired got a backup.

I’ll be flying using vr using the rift cv1 ed. My helo controls are pft puma and I’ll be using a card chair with a jetseat with ssa. If you could provide a listing of tasks that will need to be able to be accomplished. This will be my first mm campaoin/mission. I’ll tried getting on the server once and thing were not working right that day several commented on problems connecting

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

yesterday i searched for enemy ground units at nalchik which was neutral but i found none. i compared the wreckage positions with a screenshot of the unit positions in the mission editor and 2 or 3 units were missing. in the attached picture, from the group of 4 units near my cursor only two wreckages were there. Another point: is it possible to get an airfield status "neutral and cleared"?

294606811_IMG_20180329_2255053272.thumb.jpg.7b8d6d53fb128012427e29c994020bd3.jpg