Inaugural flying music

Nosferatuwhisky 1-1

Hey everyone!

So obviously everyone has some music they associate with flying, and everyone

thinks of TopGun whenever they think of the Tomcat.

But what about the Hornet? Anyone have thoughts?

I’m planning to do the start up procedure and taxi without any music, but maybe Highway to hell as I put it into burners for takeoff.

:pilotfly:

Edited by Nosferatu[whisky 1-1]
  • Like 1

"Chops"

Motley Crue : Kickstart my Heart

• Like 1

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

What about:

Tom Petty - Learning to Fly

Bon Jovi - Complicated

Savage Garden - Crash and Burn

:lol:

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Great question Asator (OP). I hadn't thought about this and I don't have anything that comes immediately to mind as an F/A-18 specific theme.

So far I'd have to go with Gladman's suggestion - Motley Crue : Kickstart my Heart.

Perhaps once ED have selected a theme ED could hold a competition like they did for the F-5E with a member of the community doing their version of the theme (or part of it)?

James Brown - Sexmachine

Will get me up:pilotfly:

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Flight of Icarus is a great idea!

Or this:

Or the dubstep version might be better for the Hornet (purists may disagree):

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Wrong type of Hornet and a terrible movie, but maybe I'll play this one.

Yes. fitting indeed.

dont think to much of it. Only reason they went with the SH in that film instead of a legacy was because it was a Brand spaking new plane at the time and the US NAvy wanted to show off their new toy via Hollywood film if was anachronistic for the conflict. ( yea missile scene is what killed it TBH) but alot of people i know enjoyed the film who weren't into aviation.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD