OpenHornet F/A-18C 1:1 SimPit (WIP)

jrsteensen

Just wanted to say Great Work Guys!! Keep it going!

Stang out

Thanks Stang! Always enjoyed the conversations over the years, especially over at VP.

As far as status today goes, hoping to release the rough draft of the interconnect diagram schematic for the UIP in the next couple days.

I'm leaning heavily towards making these E sized drawing, so the user can print them on a plotter and have a nice wall size print to refer to and markup as they do the wiring. It's going to appear boggling at first, but simpler than it appears. A lot of thought is going into this to make it as easy as possible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

All, unfortunately our attempt to get a TM F18 grip scanned fell through - if anyone has one and feels up to modeling it via scan or photogammetry, please let me know. A lack of this model will prevent us from completing the stick design.

That said, the UIP is build ready, and I'm moving my attention to the LIP while the software team starts doing their thing on the UIP components.

I am currently trying to figure out how to manufacture the spacers (inboard/outboard) on the right console. 3D Printing seems to be taking very long (roughly 7 hours per spacer) and I am not sure if the connection works between them considering the layer precision. How are they thought to be machined? THanks for your help in advance.

Trying to organize a group buy for the dome switches used throughout the pit. You will need 120 of them to complete your pit, and they are tiny, so I suggest spares. I have a min buy required of 560, with price breaks at 1000, 5000, and 10000 switches. The process is this:

1) You let me know how many you want, your paypal email address, your contact email address, your discord name, real name and shipping address.

2) Once we hit the min buy/cutoff date, I send paypal invoices to all purchasers for the cost of the switches.

3) Once switches arrive, I will send an invoice for shipping costs to all purchasers on the US side of the pond, and ship all the EU side of the pond switches to Balse. (He will send invoices for shipping from him.)

4) Once each person sends the shipping funds, I'll send your order to you.

Prices (I will only accept funds in USD)

135x: $0.296 USD/ea ($40.00 total) (120+15 spares)

I will invoice for less if we exceed the 1000, 5000, or 10k threshold.

If this group buy works out well, I'm expecting to do more group buys mostly for the electronics components and PCBs and such. This will be open to reserve yours for one week from now. (Subject to change if we have to.)

Copy and paste this, fill it out and send it to me:

PayPay Email Address:

Contact Email Address:

Discord Username:

Quantity Desired:

Shipping Address: (Include county, postal code, etc. Please format however is required to ensure the package reaches you.)

Hi guys,

I've got a lot of 3D CAD experience, but I don't do software so i have no idea how to use a Git Hub? And i'm only vaguely aware its some sort of version control repository. Can anyone give me some pointers of where i should even start trying to figure this out?

I can download individual files and look at them, but for assemblies i need to do a bunch of individual downloads. I'm almost positive this isn't the proper way to use this Git thing!

Thanks

Be advised all the UIP components drawings and STLs for 3d printed components are now available. I still need to do the top level UIP release package, but you should be good to start printing. Until someone finishes a full build, they should be considered beta, and as always, please report any issues you find on the github issue tracker.

https://github.com/jrsteensen/OpenHornet/tree/master/release/2_Upper%20Instrument%20Panel

https://github.com/jrsteensen/OpenHornet/issues

Be advised all the UIP components drawings and STLs for 3d printed components are now available. I still need to do the top level UIP release package, but you should be good to start printing. Until someone finishes a full build, they should be considered beta, and as always, please report any issues you find on the github issue tracker.

https://github.com/jrsteensen/OpenHornet/tree/master/release/2_Upper%20Instrument%20Panel

https://github.com/jrsteensen/OpenHornet/issues

I´m not an expert on GitHub, but it looks like some files are missing.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 3 weeks later...
Up the weight limit to 350 lbs
Sorry, but it's probably not feasible without some serious mods and using significantly different materials, and a significant increase of price for construction. I am accommodating for 90% of the human male population globally.

Are the plans or schematics for the tub available? My son & I just finished building a windshield and canopy bow assembly and are itching to build the fuselage. Many thanks!!!

Intel 12th Gen i7 12700K/RTX 3090/64 GB RAM 3600 CL16 DDR4/WD Black SN850 2 TB x 2/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm/Z690 AORUS Elite MOBO/Seasonic 1300W gold PSU/Reverb G2/F/A-18C Hornet

FLY NAVY!