80$ for the F-18? really?

shab249

In Brazil, it's very expensive, but I had no problem to pay the pre-purchase price for a plane thats I'm waiting for years.

I thought the Strait of Hormuz would be released first or together with Hornet in a combo.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

We won't accept donations for 2.5, but we hope customers will instead consider other DCS Modules that they may not have considered purchasing before.

That ... would be the Christen Eagle then - everything else is already in my hangar or on my "day 1 purchase" list.

Awww ... I dunno ... hrmmmm ... ow ... :D

We won't accept donations for 2.5, but we hope customers will instead consider other DCS Modules that they may not have considered purchasing before.

Not only do I have everything that flies in DCS, there are several that I have twice and the A-10C I bought for my son-in-law.

Fly on, Matt!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

While I am still ultimately still going to get the hornet, I am personally getting irked by the progressively developing business model with these modules. $60 now for a product I might receive in 4 months, or wait to pay full price to have it still not quite compete. I wouldn't be so put off if bugs weren't introduced into already paid for modules and unfixed for upwards of 6 months.

I pre purchased right away due to me waiting years for it , but I missed the part about early access to the module after this spring , I read in the product description the module could be downloaded and installed now ... oh well got it for 60 bucks and still too busy with Harrier to start a new module anyways

• Like 1

I understand that 80$ are lot of money for some people here. But compared what we get with the hornet it‘s a very suitable price.

This are the best 60$ I have spent for a very long time ;-)

Edited by Weasel

80 dollars to get the closest experience to flying a real F/A-18C jet in your life is too much ?

I had to do a university project on a plane calculating its lift and drag coefficients and that was one hell of a job and it still probably garbage and highly inaccurate.

Believe me, figuring out all the flight characteristics and then putting them into a simulation, which feels authentic more than a year time of developing its self.

And this is just a FM, what about all the systems and logics in them ?

besides 60 foe EA now is alright. You know ED does sales all the time. In a years time of the Hornet release they will start putting such on it as well.

My only complain towards ED, is to not forget their old modules, and keep them updated and polished to their latest standards

• Like 2

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

80$ is the right price.

F/A-18C is a modern, naval, multirole that is more versatile than all of current DCS modules combined.

If you don't see the value of this module, I'd recommend reading a bit about the capabilities of the Hornet. Hint: It's like F-16C, but better. :)

We're also getting a free basic carrier, what more could you want?

The value and replayability of this module is insane compared to other modules.

And I'm not shilling or anything. I haven't bought a DCS module since 2015 because I was disillusioned by constant delays and odd module choices, but I can recognize a good deal when I see one.

And DCS F/A-18C is an amazing deal. Even more so during pre-purchase.

• Like 3

A few days ago I confessed I'd pay 500$CAD (350 USD?) for the Hornet. [Wags, don't read this!] It comes out pre-purchase 100$CAD - PURCHASED!

You can't get a 10-minute helicopter ride for that price. I purchased myself thousands of hours of challenging and exhilarating flight and the possibility of fulfilling a life-long dream of mastering the Hornet.

With DCS, I will enjoy a VR simulator as good - and I believe far more superior - than the ones I would have trained on in the early 1990...

Remember: "The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."

• Like 1

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

80$ is the right price.

If you don't see the value of this module, I'd recommend reading a bit about the capabilities of the Hornet. Hint: It's like F-16C, but better. :)

I almost had to downvote you on this one... :megalol:

• Like 1

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Supply and demand.

So many people have been going beserko hype-train deluxe over the F18 release here and everywhere else, it's only expected that ED would try to get the max value back out of their (reportedly) most advanced model.

The price reflects the perceived demand.

• Like 2

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

The way I see it Phil is each module is a game in itself, while DCS world is 'free' nothing in life really is.

A person can buy a Hornet or A-10 etc and spend years just flying that one module

Yeah lots of hype, the proof will be in the pudding.

S

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

• ED Team
Supply and demand.

So many people have been going beserko hype-train deluxe over the F18 release here and everywhere else, it's only expected that ED would try to get the max value back out of their (reportedly) most advanced model.

The price reflects the perceived demand.

This is incorrect as well, the price is not based on hype or supply and demand. This is the price needs based on the development time of this module.

But anyways, we answered the OP many times, I think we are good here.

• Like 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team

With the launch of the DCS: F/A-18C pre-purchase, there has been a small but vocal number of folks that have expressed concern about the pricing. To better shed some light on this move, I’d like to explain this rational better:

Over our almost 30 years of business, our pricing policy has, for the most part, gone nearly unchanged. This is despite the ever-rising costs of development. Developing a game in 2018 is far, far most costly than years past. It is not realistic to expect prices to stay the same while costs of development rise.

In addition to Eagle Dynamics and Belsimtek making back their enormous financial investments in this project, Boeing must also be accounted for.

Over the past several years, literally millions of dollars have been invested to create this project for a non-mainstream customer base. This project must at least break even.

While many flight simulation developers offset costs by charging for their base-product, we provide it for free… including free map updates like the Caucasus map. The revenue to keep creating new DCS World content must come from somewhere.

If you examine some of our competitor’s products, our Hornet pricing is in fact less.

All that said, we realize that some customers simply do not have the financial resources to afford a $79.99 product. This is a big reason why we are offering the pre-purchase at a $20 discount. To say though that the product is over-priced, is a fallacy given the huge resource/time investment, quality, Hornet features, and 2018 development environment.

• Like 4