Why are my practice targets landing

MikeSinn

I am building a simple Air to Air practice mission where a random flight of targets will be generated and then fly a racetrack orbit for me to then find and try to shoot down (yes I am that unskilled still).

My mist script correctly selects a random group and spawns them to a random zone. However, instead of flying the assigned waypoints, the target aircraft simply land at the nearest airport, Groom Lake in this case.

I've attached a copy of the mission for reference. The last trigger is the one that generates the target aircraft.

Can MIST / LUA script expert help point out what I am missing or getting wrong?

Training Range v3.miz

what is the fuel level of your reference units? they will land at bingo.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

what is the fuel level of your reference units? they will land at bingo.

Doom,

Each of the target units have 100% fuel and a Weapons Free ROE so wouldn't think they would take "Brave Sir Robin approach" i.e. Run away (sorry for the Monty Python Holy Grail reference).

If I had to guess, I think the problem has to do with the waypoints not re spawning with the group but if that is the case, I have no idea how to solve that with MIST.

• 2 weeks later...

Include ", true" after the MiST call to spawn the group name, if you haven't already.

I.E.

mist.respawnGroup ('MyGroup', true)

If you don't include the "true" bit that's exactly what they do; just head for the nearest airbase. I haven't looked at your code but sounds like that may be the problem.

Include ", true" after the MiST call to spawn the group name, if you haven't already.

I.E.

mist.respawnGroup ('MyGroup', true)

If you don't include the "true" bit that's exactly what they do; just head for the nearest airbase. I haven't looked at your code but sounds like that may be the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried adding the True flag but that did not change the behavior of the target aircraft. For reference, here is the MIST code I am executing:

--Air Target clone Script

local ATA_Target = 'ATA_Easy'

local Start_Zone = 'Fstart_zone'

local tgtChoice = mist.random(3)

local zoneChoice = mist.random(5)

ATA_Target = ATA_Target..tgtChoice

Start_Zone = Start_Zone..zoneChoice

trigger.action.outText(ATA_Target,10)

trigger.action.outText(Start_Zone,10)

ATA_NewGroup = mist.respawnInZone(ATA_Target,Start_Zone, true)

ATA_NewGroupName = ATA_NewGroup["name"]

trigger.action.outText(ATA_NewGroupName,10)