[Nevada | UH-1H Huey] Nevada Freelancer - Random mission playground

Hi DCS Community!

Since I own DCS, I sometimes fly around in the helicopters without a real mission. Just using my imagination where I have to fly and why.

In the last days I learnd some things about the DCS World Editor. And I tried something.

I thought "what would it be, if I REALLY have my headquarter, and from there could accept simple "fly from A to B" missions? So I began "Nevada Freelancer".

Nevada_Freelancer1.jpg

This mission puts you in the situation of a freelancer helicopter pilot. Even if its not that realistic, you work together with the public authorities to rescue people, transport stuff and bring people from A to B.

Right now there is not much to do, and it is pretty much a work in progress. BUT I want some feedback on it, what I could improve or change.

----------------------------------------------------

Nevada Freelancer - Version 0.2

Rescue Missions: 5

Transport Missions: 0

Random Air Traffic: 4

Radio Vegas Songs: 0

Download: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3097090/

Planned features:

- As many rescue, transport and other missions as possible (triiiigggers and flaaaaggs EVERYWHERE)

- "Radio Vegas", hearing some copyright free music while flying

- Random events

- Random Air Traffic

- Multilingual (German / English)

Nevada_Freelancer2.jpg

Edited by Eule

I LOVE this type of flying with Huey! I wish more people would be interested in that matter even though this community don't like to hear "digital civilian simulator" hehe!!

Some slinging work would be great aswell for that matter!

I did a civilian mission( that I like to call jobs as its more appropriate with civil world hehe) last winter but it didn't attract too much attention so I just gave up on sharing and discussion about it.

Anyways I think its great and really love the idea of operating from a base! By the way cool spot on the picture where is that?

I am currently on a contract away from my virtual cockpit but when I get back I'd like to try these!!

Cheers

Billy

it would be good if we have a random/ career missions like fsx air hauler or euro truck simulator.

pick a mission and fly

i will try it after i install dcs when 2.5 will be released.

my suggestions;

* Dynamic weather and season if possible. (Seasons for black sea map of course)

* Dynamic traffic

* Starting with a helicopter and after earning some levels, can access to other heli. ( for example uh1 ---> mi-8 )

* after getting second helicopter, being able to select desired helicopter for a mission

* progress records if possible. Playing from the beginnig everytime would not be so cool.

FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C II | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | F-14A/B | F-16CAH-64

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: C-130 | UH-60 | F-4E

Youtube

Z390 / i5 9400F / RTX3070 / 32 GB Ram / 500 gb SSD and 1 tb HDD // CH Fighterstick - MS FFB2 - TM Warthog Throttle and Stick - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 4 and 5

Anyways I think its great and really love the idea of operating from a base! By the way cool spot on the picture where is that?

North Las Vegas :) But I placed some vehicles and stuff so it looks "better"

it would be good if we have a random/ career missions like fsx air hauler or euro truck simulator.

pick a mission and fly

i will try it after i install dcs when 2.5 will be released.

my suggestions;

* Dynamic weather and season if possible. (Seasons for black sea map of course)

* Dynamic traffic

* Starting with a helicopter and after earning some levels, can access to other heli. ( for example uh1 ---> mi-8 )

* after getting second helicopter, being able to select desired helicopter for a mission

* progress records if possible. Playing from the beginnig everytime would not be so cool.

"Nevada Freelancer" is NOT a campaign or "mission selector". You spawn at your headquarter and ask Paul (radio menu) for a mission (rescue, transport, ...). He then gives you a random chosen mission out of the mission pool (currently only 5 rescue missions).

Dynamic weather and seasons are not possible in the mission editor in one mission file as far as I know. Dynamic traffic is one of the things I am implementing. Levels and progress - if possible - is not on the priority list right now :)

I will post the mission link to 0.2 as soon as the file gets activated by ED (Status: non active)

Nice to have some SP content that you can just fly without getting shot at and fill in an hour when time permits.

This was my favourite for long time but IIRC some parts are now borked. Playing it will give you some more ideas if needed

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1836958&postcount=15

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice to have some SP content that you can just fly without getting shot at and fill in an hour when time permits.

Dont want to spoiler ... but ... maaaaybe in one of the events (not included yet) you could get shoot down :P

Maybe there are some terrorists heading to Las Vegas and a "non fly zone" will be generated :P

I LOVE this type of flying with Huey! I wish more people would be interested in that matter even though this community don't like to hear "digital civilian simulator" hehe!!

Some slinging work would be great aswell for that matter!

I did a civilian mission( that I like to call jobs as its more appropriate with civil world hehe) last winter but it didn't attract too much attention so I just gave up on sharing and discussion about it.

I am currently on a contract away from my virtual cockpit but when I get back I'd like to try these!!

Cheers

Billy

+1.

I rarely put the guns on my Huey, but very much enjoy pottering around it in, doing my Mr Postman job of delivering the mail...ammo or whatever trash is around.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Hi

I havn't all understood : On which frequency can we hear VHF mission ? I've tried 125.7, but it's just North LV frequency and I don't hear missions on it.

I've pressed F10 and selected F1 after.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Definitely interested in this. I was thinking of doing something like this ages ago for the standard 1.5 map, but never quite managed to find the time.

I was going to make it multiplayer with score tracking and stats for players. I thought people would love earning 'money' or rep by flying different missions.