Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System

UIV

modular...………….diferent grips...……...side modules. and they hear the the recommendation,,,,,,so I expect several changes.

The press release does not say anything about modular swappable grips, only addon panels. Those panels are interesting, but only for those who have the space and want to build some sort of generic cockpit. And if they do, why opt for impractical PAK-FA throttle replica?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The press release does not say anything about modular swappable grips, only addon panels. Those panels are interesting, but only for those who have the space and want to build some sort of generic cockpit. And if they do, why opt for impractical PAK-FA throttle replica?

grips are modular, and since the entire system is based on a modular core, different modules are more than obvious.

Trust me, the final product will be much nicer.

@some1

Because they like Russian aircraft? Because you don't really HAVE to have tons of buttons on it, primarily all you "need" is weapon controls, which between the stick and throttle, you've got plenty.

Here's the thing, in RL the pilot is being thrown around by G-forces and "fractions of a second matter". Neither of those things are the case in DCS, so not having loads of tertiary functions at your literal fingertips is not crippling.

You make it sound like a much bigger deal than it is.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I hope that the front panel with the bracket can be put somewhere other than on the throttle base itself. Doesn't look like that would work well with a monstertech throttle mount in the concept.

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

Love the concept with 1 pretty important criticism.

As someone who uses the X55 in VR, I had to change the pot covers to something that had a little nub so I could easily feel where the pot was in relation to "0" without this you have to rely entirely on feedback from in the sim making it much less "eyes off" your controls.

Here's the thing, in RL the pilot is being thrown around by G-forces and "fractions of a second matter". Neither of those things are the case in DCS, so not having loads of tertiary functions at your literal fingertips is not crippling.

You make it sound like a much bigger deal than it is.

And in VR the "pilot" doesn't see anything outside, so having loads of tertiary functions at your literal fingertips is actually quite beneficial.

Besides maybe for you it's not a big deal, I like to map to the throttle at least the functions that are located there on a real plane.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

grips are modular, and since the entire system is based on a modular core, different modules are more than obvious.

Trust me, the final product will be much nicer.

Again, there's not a word about modular grips in the press release, so sorry but it's not that obvious to me.

I trust you insider knowledge though, so I'll patiently wait for the next VKB offering. Or competitors ;)

I hope that the front panel with the bracket can be put somewhere other than on the throttle base itself. Doesn't look like that would work well with a monstertech throttle mount in the concept.

Good point, hadn't thought of that...it might still fit though? It would work perfectly on my Wheel Stand Pro, thank goodness.

And in VR the "pilot" doesn't see anything outside, so having loads of tertiary functions at your literal fingertips is actually quite beneficial.

Besides maybe for you it's not a big deal, I like to map to the throttle at least the functions that are located there on a real plane.

Agreed that I do like to be able to map functions to my HOTAS that are on the HOTAS in the real aircraft...outside of that, I can click in the cockpit as necessary without a fuss, but when I am going for maximum immersion (for example I will change grips for each jet I fly -- Harrier, Hornet, Tomcat, Warthog), I really value being able to keep it as close to real life as possible.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I'm actually not quite sure what you're quibbling about... there seems to be an overload of buttons on the fully expanded unit, I am curious as to what is going on the front of it and the "off side" so looking forward to seeing that.

Congratulations on the reveal! It looks impressive. Personally, I would like to see some switches (instead of all buttons,) but I understand this is a Russian-styled product. I’d also like to know about the detent style. I think most of us would like to see

- finger-lifts on the front of the throttle for the afterburner detents

- a 4-way hat with push instead of a 2-way switch for the radios, and an extra thumb 4-way hat instead of a button (we know you can do that, you did it for the MCG! The people demand more functions!)

I would prefer a lever-type throttle to a track like this, but it’s going to come down to the additional features when I have to decide between VPC and VKB. I’ve used a track style throttle in the past with the CH Pro Throttle, and it served me well.

(Edit: detail)

Edited by aaron886

I'm actually not quite sure what you're quibbling about... there seems to be an overload of buttons on the fully expanded unit, I am curious as to what is going on the front of it and the "off side" so looking forward to seeing that.

The whole point of HOTAS system it to NOT have to remove your hand from the controls to find the right button on the side consoles.

The VKB throttle looks like is modelled after PAK-FA projected design, so according to this picture you get only one hat, two 3-pos switches, and 5 buttons total. Although the VKB render also shows something that looks like an extra analog scroll on the left throttle. For comparison, Warthog throttle has two HATs, a (shitty) analog stick, four 3-pos switches and 3 pushbuttons, two of which are integrated with HATs.

OEpWmMq.jpg.

Edited by some1

Congratulations on the reveal! It looks impressive. Personally, I would like to see some switches (instead of all buttons,)

+1, some nice metal 2 and or 3 way switches would be very welcome.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Congratulations on the reveal! It looks impressive. Personally, I would like to see some switches (instead of all buttons,) but I understand this is a Russian-styled product. I’d also like to know about the detent style. I think most of us would like to see

- finger-lifts on the front of the throttle for the afterburner detents

- a 4-way hat with push instead of a 2-way switch for the radios, and an extra thumb 4-way hat instead of a button (we know you can do that, you did it for the MCG! The people demand more functions!)

I would prefer a lever-type throttle to a track like this, but it’s going to come down to the additional features when I have to decide between VPC and VKB. I’ve used a track style throttle in the past with the CH Pro Throttle, and it served me well.

(Edit: detail)

Agree 100% on the bolded points :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

This is what I have been looking/waiting for. The price point is okay by me, too - I can't afford a lot, this would be about my maximum (on a pension, so...) but I think I will be ordering this as soon as I can.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Again, there's not a word about modular grips in the press release, so sorry but it's not that obvious to me.

I trust you insider knowledge though, so I'll patiently wait for the next VKB offering. Or competitors ;)

more than insider, I hammer uiv head with ideas since 2015 to the point of madness.

I have a yes on that since a year, and renders of the grips , I fight for that feature, and other that where to crazy (I think little to much out of the box) like insert a joy grip there. Don't know if they already planed or I help.

and things like this:

arm support between the back module and the central module.

a ton of options for the front panel, even keep the same distance whit the grips, yes it move forward and backward.

side modules for collective control, or another central module for 4 engines

the grips will have twist capability?

what other grips will be available ?

will be able to attach to the ecs?

the modules will be able to be used on others vkb products like ecs?

A tablet or display avionic will be a option for the front panel?

Because the signature of VKB is modular, that's the core that make them spend time in base system (like gf) and add modules later, that's what allow to make more modules to fit your requirements.

the ww2 throttle will blow your mind.

and that's why I emphasis:

From Mechanical upgrades to sticks changes, VKB offer a scalable system that allow you to build your simulator according to your need and your wallet.

I live where a x55 gos for 600US or more and forget about support...……...that's why I love vkb.

Edited by RFC Rudel

Early render "leaked" in that "rumor" page in... "lower latitudes" show two HAT's in front of right grip:

But in this new the grips are less taller.

I don't leak that ones to make my point...…………..sokol1 please fix that leaks …...

Edited by RFC Rudel

This version with two optional modules is cleared for use in some form of "cockpit", neither for desk or deskmount seems viable use then, too length.

But since this front (and back module) is bolted the main throttle module, place then somewhere near depend on their connection cable length.

If the plan is use TECS in desktop or Monstertech better don' get the frontal module. :D

In il-2.ru was informed that throttle base follow Warthog bold pattern what make then compatible with Monstertech (without the front panel) and VirPil deskmount.

Edited by Sokol1_br

I'm using a modular flightseat, so I'll take all the buttons and doohickeys you've got, no matter how big and clunky. I'll make em fit ;)

Unrelated, now that we have the throttle and stick both out of the way, that leaves rudder pedals. I know we already have one, but I'm REALLY not keen on this whole push pedal thing, I want conventional pedals w/toe brakes (ones that actually work, unlike my crappy Saitek pedals).

So, my question is, are there any plans for a new pedal set along more traditional lines? If so, I'll be firmly sold on a straight VKB set up. The MCG is delicious, the throttle makes me swoon, I'll buy pedals just so they all match :P Cause... I'm OCD. But that's a story for another time.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

What I want from the GRIP, is at least a single wheel that can be used to adjust the radars or TV systems without taking hand off. But if this is modeled much after Su-57 throttle, then it will have one.

If the price for the base model will stay 200-300€ range, then it will be great news for many.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

What I want from the GRIP, is at least a single wheel that can be used to adjust the radars or TV systems without taking hand off. But if this is modeled much after Su-57 throttle, then it will have one.

If the price for the base model will stay 200-300€ range, then it will be great news for many.

The wheel is visible in the renders from the OP :thumbup:

• Like 1

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig: