VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

Seems somehow my post got bugged... What i wanted to ask is if you guys are happy with the VKB gunfighter MCG. How difficult is it to create a profile compared to the warthog (target). I`ve only found 1 review on youtube, was wondering how do you find it in terms of interior mechanism compared to the giant warthog gimbal. Does it require constant lubing like the warthog ? Thanks.

Edited by Slims

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this , available and you dont need to wait for EU store plus they ship every where on the planet ( 2 pieces is left though )

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/VKB-Sim-Gunfighter-Mk-II-MCG-Pro-Russian-verison/3023007_32850039039.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.4682ae3H8rqhs

I have already bought Cobra M5 from the EU store and for its price it was good enough. However the fact that shipping cost+taxes was almost as much as the joystick itself, plus some issues i've had with it in a couple of games that interest me, have left a bittersweet taste in my mouth.

I really want a new joystick. I was about to get the Warthog when i found out the Mongoose from Virpil. Looking into that, led to the MCG and MCG Pro which has everything i want except the twist.

Aliexpress doesn't accept paypal and i'm wary of potential problems either with the purchase itself, or with whatever happens at customs.

I'm considering to risk it though, if the wait for the EU store doesn't provide something new.

I gave it try with AliExpress. Ordered 2 days ago and now the processing time of 10 days until shipping is running. Because of the dollar rate the price was rather good, but I have to wait what taxes and customs will be added.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

So I've read online that people are using TWO #50 springs per cam on the gunfighter. The manual says two springs is ok, but really... two #50s? Those are some hefty springs.

Can I get an official OK from VKB to do/not do this? I don't want to over stress the gimbals. This will be a long term solution. Thanks.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

So I've read online that people are using TWO #50 springs per cam on the gunfighter. The manual says two springs is ok, but really... two #50s? Those are some hefty springs.

Can I get an official OK from VKB to do/not do this? I don't want to over stress the gimbals. This will be a long term solution. Thanks.

this is from VKB website regarding the gunfighter MKII base

Capture.JPG.9ef82781a5900899d2a1659deee1b982.JPG

I have GF+MCG pro.

Whenever I select the device in VKB device config, this error window shows up.

WIZZO has same problem.

Please check attached files.

Actually the stick axis and buttons are working good but the configuration apps don't work.

I can't start any customizing for my stick for now because of this problem.

Any suggestions?

OS is Windows 10 pro x64

Solved.

I've just disconnected some input devices, and it works good.

In my case, it was not a matter of some specific 'incompatible' devices or apps.

I'm thinking too many(over 10) input devices cause this issue.

So there was no need to kill some specific apps like razer synapse or something.

If you have this problem, try reducing your input devices under 10.

Gunfighter Springs

I'm a bit worried about this too. The closest I can get to replicating the stick feel of an F/A-18 is 2x50 springs, 30 cams, and a lot of damping on both axes (and thats with the KG12 not MCG). I may have to sacrifice realism and back off the springs in order to not overstress the gimbals unless VKB can provide some solid advice.

Seems somehow my post got bugged... What i wanted to ask is if you guys are happy with the VKB gunfighter MCG. How difficult is it to create a profile compared to the warthog (target). I`ve only found 1 review on youtube, was wondering how do you find it in terms of interior mechanism compared to the giant warthog gimbal. Does it require constant lubing like the warthog ? Thanks.

I couldn't be happier with the MCG Pro new out of the box. I would have to have it for many years to compare it fairly to my Warthog. But the precision/smoothness is exponentially better than the Warthog. Since I do all of my stick programming via DCS lua scripting, I don't have to worry about using the software to configure the stick. But I did play with it a little bit and liked what I saw before putting it back to default.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I`ve only found 1 review on youtube, was wondering how do you find it in terms of interior mechanism compared to the giant warthog gimbal. Does it require constant lubing like the warthog?

Warthog gimbal (left) movable/contact parts = plastic - VKB gimbal (right) movable/contact parts = steel/bearings.

gimbals.jpg

CAM working:

Accord VKB not lube is need.

User review: http://www.mudspike.com/vkb-sim-gunfighter-pro-bundle-review/

• Like 2

I know that warthog gimbal by heart, opened it up so many times, it is ok now after i did the fix and add PTFE O-ring, it survived for about 6-7 years. But this stuff from VKB look so much better... I`m sold, just hope they add their stuff on the EU site already, if not gonna have to go for that ALiexpress thing that looks to be a little bit more complicated. Thank you for your feedback guys.

I received today the VKB MCG Pro

This one : https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-sim-gunfighter-revb-mcg-pro

Could anyone tell me, please, which software / firmware do i have to install from here ?

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?page_id=4609

Thank you

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Could anyone tell me, please, which software / firmware do i have to install from here ?

Thank you

Assuming the firmware is up to date, all you need to is calibrate:

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?p=7982

Thank you

Which springs do you prefer, guys ?

I find the default ones a bit to lose

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Was it difficult to replace them ?

Thank you

can you start WIZZO GF and see on the top right what version of Firmware is installed ? mine came with version 1.91 and the latest version was 1.92 so i had to update . if yours comes updated so no need to but if it comes 1.91 you need to update since there was reported problems on that version

I also received my Gunfighter MCG Pro today. Ordered it five days ago on AliExpress with DHL shipping. Shipping started two days ago in China and it already arrived (Germany). Wow! Sadly I had to pay taxes and customs, which added 95 Euros to my bill.

I checked my firmware version and it says that I´m on version 1.91. Now i downloaded version 1.92, but I have to admit that I have no idea what to do with the downloaded file "_BlackBox_GF_MCG_PRO_v1_92_1.vkb" as I can`t open it.

Can someone enlighten me please?

Edit: ok found this guide: https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Gunfighter-MCG-Flash-Reset-Calibration-Guide.pdf

Edit2: Update of firmware done

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Could you please explain step by step, how to update the firmware ?

Thank you

I can't understand this guide, but thank you, anyway

I can't understand this guide, but thank you, anyway

Hey Lenux, I see you are from Germany, I will send you a PM.;)