VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

When the flip down trigger is in the up position meaning you cant use it as a trigger what is its proper behavior? Should it be activating a button? Im getting inconsistent results with it in its default configuration. Sometimes it activates button 25, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it activates button 25 when flipped up, but stays on when I flip it down and sometimes its the opposite, its off when its up and stays off when flipped down.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the flip down trigger is in the up position meaning you cant use it as a trigger what is its proper behavior? Should it be activating a button? Im getting inconsistent results with it in its default configuration. Sometimes it activates button 25, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it activates button 25 when flipped up, but stays on when I flip it down and sometimes its the opposite, its off when its up and stays off when flipped down.

See this: http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2917

Thanks for the link, but I don't see a solution there. Is there something that I can do on those 2 screens on the configurator that can help resolve the issue?

Is the MCG-TM release on schedule?

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I don't see a solution there
The solution there can be found obviously by taking the same steps as advised in the post Sokol referred you to, and answering the same question.

Please do in via PM, as I might be too busy these couple of days to read the forum topics, but will definitely check the PMs.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

When do you estimate official announcement and final design being completed? And any plans to make this work with 3rd party hardware by having mounting plates? IE: Thrustmaster Warthog, or Saitek X55?

1 - some time 2018.

2 - by accident, our throttle control main unit has dimensions identical to those of the TM. other products, other companies - no idea.

Edited by AeroGator

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

2 - by accident, our throttle control main unit has dimensions identical to those of the TM. other products, other companies - no idea.

:lol:

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

Just want to throw a "Thank you" out there to VKB staff for helping me out with the stick issues. The support responses were quick during what I am sure is an insanely busy time for them.

I am shipping the stick and base back to them tomorrow, god I hope it doesn't turn out to be my fault after all of this. :D

• Like 1

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Any update on MCG pro for Gladiator Pro . its very bad that the Gladiator pro is being left behind

See here: https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product_cat=mcg-for-gladiator-pro-mk-ii

and here: https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product_cat=mcg-for-gladiator-pro-mk-i

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Is the MCG-TM release on schedule?

Haven't heard anything to the contrary

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product_cat=mcg-for-tm-warthogcougar

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thank you

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Using Gate Cont

Has anyone figured out how to use the axis on the Gate Cont to slew the camera controls on the DCS Harrier? I tried assigning it for the horizontal and Vertical slew but it doesn't seem to be recognized other than on the assignment setup, in Game, nothing.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

According to Razbam, the Harrier TDC slew controls are not working yet for any analog axes assignment. It's still WIP.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

According to Razbam, the Harrier TDC slew controls are not working yet for any analog axes assignment. It's still WIP.

Thank-you I was unaware of that :thumbup:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Ordered MCG from AliExpress VKB store, China to Lithuania in just 6 days including clearing the customs and 2 holidays. Made it work without any problems, thanks to excellent guides. The grip is fantastic! Great job, VKB guys, thank you.

Does anyone have a measurement from top to bottom of the Gunfighter Pro base with the extension and a MCG mounted?

One last follow up question, can I order the MCG Pro without any labels at all? Labels on either this of the TECS might be a deal breaker for me...I hate labels.

1 - A bit too busy today to carry out all I promised, so just briefly:

- we were considering it at the beginning, and it looked possible, not so much now, BUT do not despair we requested the factory right 10 minutes ago. there is a chance they say yes. will reply to you either later tonight, or some time tmrw.

2 - Same, morgen morgen nur nicht heute - either tmrw, or a day or two later we will post up a drawing with dimensions. Can;t firmly promise exact day but just "as soon as we ship out the last remaining pre-orders". Which is real soon.

Do _not_ hesitate to remind me. I do tend to forget things like this, so don't feel embarrassed.

As promised, I'm following up :thumbup: Thank you in advance for your time.

Yeah. And label translation.

You won;t believe but I still remember :)

Just something more urgent gets in the way every time we want to do it.

But patience will be finally rewarded :)

Remind me again end of this week if there is still nothing....

Just me again with my weekly check in to see if there are any answers available to my questions above? Still holding out on ordering for now, thanks!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Does anyone have a measurement from top to bottom of the Gunfighter Pro base with the extension and a MCG mounted?

You might want to wait on the official measurements, but if you can make do with some quick and dirty ones, with the GFII + extension + MCG Pro I get ~ 48 - 48.5 cm, depending on the whether you want to err on the short side or long side.

One last follow up question, can I order the MCG Pro without any labels at all? Labels on either this of the TECS might be a deal breaker for me...I hate labels.

Even they don't offer a non-label option, it seems to me that there are so many ways to cleanly erase the labels on your end that it would be a weird route to give up an high quality stick because of this -- rubbing alcohol + elbow grease is going to take of it nicely or you could go the other way and use a dab or two of kit/model paint or even a good black marker.

Roger that, thanks Bearfoot! That is very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Is there a proper guide to how to use VKBDevCfg yet? This is something I'm sure MANY of us could really use.

In the meantime, I want to modify how my fold down trigger works - if possible.

When it is folded UP, I want it to briefly trigger a button press. At the moment it holds button #24. I only want it to fire for, oh say half a second.

When it is folded DOWN, but without being pulled, I also want a brief button press. When I pull the trigger, button #3 fires as long as I hold it, and that is fine. Don't want any change here.

Anyone know how to achieve this? Thank you.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

Is there a proper guide to how to use VKBDevCfg yet? This is something I'm sure MANY of us could really use.

In the meantime, I want to modify how my fold down trigger works - if possible.

When it is folded UP, I want it to briefly trigger a button press. At the moment it holds button #24. I only want it to fire for, oh say half a second.

When it is folded DOWN, but without being pulled, I also want a brief button press. When I pull the trigger, button #3 fires as long as I hold it, and that is fine. Don't want any change here.

Anyone know how to achieve this? Thank you.

I asked pretty much the same question in the VKB forums the other day. Hasn't gotten any answer yet. I'm sure we'll get one as soon as anyone figure out how to do this.