VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

Okay, i have it, thank you very much

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also received my Gunfighter MCG Pro today. Ordered it five days ago on AliExpress with DHL shipping. Shipping started two days ago in China and it already arrived (Germany). Wow! Sadly I had to pay taxes and customs, which added 95 Euros to my bill.

I checked my firmware version and it says that I´m on version 1.91. Now i downloaded version 1.92, but I have to admit that I have no idea what to do with the downloaded file "_BlackBox_GF_MCG_PRO_v1_92_1.vkb" as I can`t open it.

Can someone enlighten me please?

Edit: ok found this guide: https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Gunfighter-MCG-Flash-Reset-Calibration-Guide.pdf

Edit2: Update of firmware done

What's the VAT% and what was the total price?

What's the VAT% and what was the total price?

Price for the stick was 325 Euro. + Shipping with DHL 55 Euro. VAT was 80 Euro and customs 12,50 Euro.:huh:

Edited by ram0506
  • Like 1

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

To everyone wondering about some buttons' functions, triggers and alike - please wait, we are testing the new FW that would answer most of your Qs and probably widen the functionality a lil bit.

Hope it can go live before weekend USA time.

There is some news in the Manuals department, in other words we are preparing some good reading for your weekend, too :book:

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

MANUAL

HERE

Please make sure you have enough coffee to read it all through.

Might be a bit sticky-stucky but it will definitely help.

Also (blush) please PM me any suggestions if you think its English could be streamlined somewhere, I haven't checked it prior to posting.

Please people take it seriously - this Manual is written to be read by all 100% of fliers.

• Like 1

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

I have been reading through the manual and am probably missing something... but how can I make the GATE CONT ministick act like the MASTER MODE ministick (so that they perform a button press)? I have them both set to POV Type LosRes4w and to output as buttons (one button V and one button L) but the GATE CONT ministick refuses to output buttons and continues to output as an AXIS... while the MASTER MODE ministick is acting as expected.

vkb1.JPG.ac4d4e92302fdac21d79608c3ce63d69.JPG

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

I have been reading through the manual and am probably missing something... but how can I make the GATE CONT ministick act like the MASTER MODE ministick (so that they perform a button press)? I have them both set to POV Type LosRes4w and to output as buttons (one button V and one button L) but the GATE CONT ministick refuses to output buttons and continues to output as an AXIS... while the MASTER MODE ministick is acting as expected.

These instructions worked for me perfectly:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?p=28475#p28475

file.php?id=5317&mode=view

These instructions worked for me perfectly:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?p=28475#p28475

Well, tried that and it didn't work. Defaulted the profile and now the GATE CONT is working as I want but the MASTER MODE now won't work as buttons (opposite problem)... guess I will just keep at it. Thanks for the response.

Attached is how I have it set up, I want both the GATE and MASTER axis to output buttons (to use as TMS and DMS on the A-10C). When I set both to how the linked image is the MASTER axis does nothing but the GATE axis works how I want it to. If I change both to VC#1 then the GATE axis seems to press more buttons than it should and the MASTER axis still does nothing.

Can both Axis be used as button's instead of axis or just one at a time?

vkb2.JPG.d869a4a12865e0eb3df7593258e37671.JPG

Edited by StandingCow

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Well, tried that and it didn't work. Defaulted the profile and now the GATE CONT is working as I want but the MASTER MODE now won't work as buttons (opposite problem)... guess I will just keep at it. Thanks for the response.

Attached is how I have it set up, I want both the GATE and MASTER axis to output buttons (to use as TMS and DMS on the A-10C). When I set both to how the linked image is the MASTER axis does nothing but the GATE axis works how I want it to. If I change both to VC#1 then the GATE axis seems to press more buttons than it should and the MASTER axis still does nothing.

Can both Axis be used as button's instead of axis or just one at a time?

Check your X and Y axis numbers there. You have set both buttons to the same axes. Compare your settings to the image in bearfoot's post.

Sent fra min D6503 via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Check your X and Y axis numbers there. You have set both buttons to the same axes. Compare your settings to the image in bearfoot's post.

Nice catch! That was it! For some reason I thought that was some sort of damper setting.... silly me, still learning the software.

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Nice catch! That was it! For some reason I thought that was some sort of damper setting.... silly me, still learning the software.
I struggled with the same thing. That software is not particularly user friendly, but it has a lot of options.
Edited by SACG_Yeti

I'm probably very dumb but I can't see the MCG or base options on the EU website. If I, from Europe, want to by a base and stick, where do I go?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

I'm probably very dumb but I can't see the MCG or base options on the EU website. If I, from Europe, want to by a base and stick, where do I go?

Hmm, you probably have to use your imagination pretty hard. There is, apparently, a container which has "more than enough stock to meet supply" making its way to Europe. Exactly when is anyone's guess. VKB's EU comms and marketing is a joke.

Just buy it from the Russian site. I did that and had it on my desk in less than week.

But is there anyone actually manning the EU site, cause there is no one answering emails or posts on the forum with questions. So it is a bit concerning what will happen if i buy stuff from this site and i have issues with the gear supplied ?

Ok, this freaks me out a bit:

So in my previous posts I've mentioned that I can't update a firmware on my PC as Zbootloader would say "device is not ready" but I did update using my laptop. I was trying to find what could be preventing a firmware update in Zbootloader on my PC but to no avail. Tried to kill every possible 3rd party soft process like logitech etc. - no luck. Now just a few days ago I've tried to update a firmware to the latest released with DevCfg -C on the same laptop I did last time but as I click "Bootloader" icon it comes up with an error "invalid pointer operation". Nothing has been changed on that laptop since last time. But what's even more interesting is that now on PC that I previously had an error "device is not ready" I was able to successfully update the firmware with no errors. Also nothing has really been changed on my PC either. I really feel like I actually live in parallel universe now:blink:. Could any VKB staff actually explain what is going on let the metaphysics aside?

Hi, I own the Gunfighter with MCG Pro. Is it possible to use the button of the trim-switch (the one that is used to change between 8-way function and axis when pressing it long) as normal button when pressing it short? Let`s say for setting trimming to neutral.

At the moment I don`t have any function when pressing it short. The wizzo-software is showing me the button as constantly pressed (green, see attachment) and I can`t get a function for it in the key bindings of DCS.

Wizzo.jpg.41631ebea25a7d34185064739e2487d9.jpg

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Hi, I own the Gunfighter with MCG Pro. Is it possible to use the button of the trim-switch (the one that is used to change between 8-way function and axis when pressing it long) as normal button when pressing it short? Let`s say for setting trimming to neutral.

At the moment I don`t have any function when pressing it short. The wizzo-software is showing me the button as constantly pressed (green, see attachment) and I can`t get a function for it in the key bindings of DCS.

If i understand you correctly , well that 8 way Hat is called master mode . i you are in trim mode ( long press ) and lets say you trim the aircraft . short press on the button automatically will center the trim no need to assign it in DCS since its programmed in the firmware . the button press doesnt register as a press by defualt so you cant assign it in DCS how ever using the DEVcfg software im sure you can make it register as a press button i just dont know how.

• Like 1

If i understand you correctly , well that 8 way Hat is called master mode . i you are in trim mode ( long press ) and lets say you trim the aircraft . short press on the button automatically will center the trim no need to assign it in DCS since its programmed in the firmware . the button press doesnt register as a press by defualt so you cant assign it in DCS how ever using the DEVcfg software im sure you can make it register as a press button i just dont know how.

Thank you for this information, that`s what I wanted to know!:thumbup: Wasn`t aware of the automatic center function of this button when in trim (axis-) mode. I usually use the non trim mode with the 8 way function and it`s not that I actually need a function for this button. I just wanted to be sure that the stick is working correctly, what seems to be the case.

Edited by ram0506

The trick is to know what MCG button is which in VKBdevCfg. VictorUs made this image (see attached) to show correlating buttons, so you can identify them in the device software.

In this case, you're looking at button #23 that you want to change. Physical button #23 was changed by default in the logical layer to be a "uStick switch" (see attached - Capture 1); all you have to do is map it to a regular button (see attached - Capture 2). You have to click "Set" for the change to stick, and then save everything as a new profile.

Once button #23 is a regular button, you can assign any function to it in DCS.

(Before making any changes, please save your current profile.)

Capture.PNG.23a65243f572c2b0a65754e1d6988669.PNG

Capture2.PNG.c7ee7a30ba20f336228213133c155516.PNG

636233107_MCGcorrespondinglinenumbers.thumb.png.a3a3aaf571b130dbd43d9dce5c4c013e.png

• Like 1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thanks, rrohde. Gave it a try and it`s working.;)

• Like 1

NJoy32 Family Controllers Configuration Utility User guide - V. 2.9

What's new

V. 2.9

MCG Pro folding trigger setup (see 3.7.2 on page 44).

New event for indication - Mouse active (see section 2.4.10 on page 22).

MCG Pro folding trigger calibration (see MCG Pro folding trigger calibration on page 38 ).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T0vs47-U8GvOTXKy2wtEAPKHpEpMP5PL/view

Edited by Sokol1_br
  • Like 1

The brake lever isn't working.

Am I missing something ? Could anyone help me, please ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5