VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

Thankyou Sokol and Rrohde for your responses. Doesn't look like I can use the folding trigger how I'd like to yet. Can I suggest VKB make proper documentation a priority, and hopefully make the momentary button presses on folding trigger stages (up and neutral) a possibility.

Agreed, that definitely needs to be momentary.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another shout out to VKB (Rrohde and UIV especially). I ended up shipping my stick and base to Rrohde, the same day the package arrived it was troubleshot, a circuit board replaced and shipped back to me... on a Saturday! Pretty good, I just thought it would all be done on Monday.

Anyway, thanks VKB.

rrohde is pretty stellar with customer service it seems. He got back to me on a Saturday the day before Christmas Eve regarding an e-mail I had sent the night before. No problem recommending people buy from his site.

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

SAG Yeti

See if this help with your trigger problem (Google translator) - attention to DevCfg and firmware versions, was added a mode for trigger:

Yes, i tried it - now Trigger-puzzle is complete for me

post-6112-0-49107500-1516553278.jpg

Changes:

There are 4 buttons instead of three - Safe , Armed , Fire1 , Fire2 .

post-6112-0-93457900-1516545688.jpg

The Armed button is always opposite to the Safe button .

Armed / Safe mode buttons may be permanently enabled / pulse ( Pulse ) (like a toggle pulse)

The pulse time is set by T_Tgl

post-6112-0-97726200-1516553335.jpg

Work in a constant mode:

post-6112-0-39524900-1516553707.gif

In a pulse mode:

post-6112-0-79954600-1516553767.gif

Original in Russian (need login): https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/970-programmirovanie-dzhojstikov-ot-vkb/page-27#entry590463

DevCfg is "magic". :thumbup:

Edited by Sokol1_br

For aircraft that have clickable cockpits and a folding trigger, you can edit the controls lua file and add in a folding trigger toggle. For example, this is for the Ka-50's cannon trigger (C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Input\ka-50\joystick\default.lua):

{down = iCommandPlaneModeCannon, value_down = 1.0, up = iCommandPlaneModeCannon, value_up = 0.0, name = _(' Gun Select Toggle'), category = _('Ins Cyclic Stick')},
{down = iCommandPlaneModeCannon, name = _('Gun Select'), category = _('Ins Cyclic Stick')}, -- this line already exists in the file

This has the advantage that the position of the physical trigger matches with the position of the aircraft's trigger versus emulating pressing C, which can have the trigger position reversed and won't work properly if the game is paused or in a state where it can't accept keyboard inputs.

For aircraft that have clickable cockpits and a folding trigger, you can edit the controls lua file and add in a folding trigger toggle. For example, this is for the Ka-50's cannon trigger (C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Input\ka-50\joystick\default.lua):

{down = iCommandPlaneModeCannon, value_down = 1.0, up = iCommandPlaneModeCannon, value_up = 0.0, name = _(' Gun Select Toggle'), category = _('Ins Cyclic Stick')},
{down = iCommandPlaneModeCannon, name = _('Gun Select'), category = _('Ins Cyclic Stick')}, -- this line already exists in the file

This has the advantage that the position of the physical trigger matches with the position of the aircraft's trigger versus emulating pressing C, which can have the trigger position reversed and won't work properly if the game is paused or in a state where it can't accept keyboard inputs.

Thanks for that! Just what I needed

VKBDevCfg-C access violation error??

I have GF+MCG pro.

Whenever I select the device in VKB device config, this error window shows up.

WIZZO has same problem.

Please check attached files.

Actually the stick axis and buttons are working good but the configuration apps don't work.

I can't start any customizing for my stick for now because of this problem.

Any suggestions?

OS is Windows 10 pro x64

1.jpg.1a9fd418c98420c7cb510e13ae374ab8.jpg

2.jpg.f1605e5a7a1fa4b8d178455acc168089.jpg

I have GF+MCG pro.

WIZZO has same problem.

Actually the stick axis and buttons are working good but the configuration apps don't work.

Any suggestions?

OS is Windows 10 pro x64

im no expert but do you run it using administrative rights ??

Yeah, i chose DHL. Over double the shipping cost but should be fast.

I kept the default delivery service and it only took 8 days to be delivered. I suppose I didn't get the taxes to pay because the package was handled by the local post office when it reached my country. I'm not sure that DHL will get any faster than a mere week

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

SAG Yeti

See if this help with your trigger problem (Google translator) - attention to DevCfg and firmware versions, was added a mode for trigger:

Original in Russian (need login): https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/970-programmirovanie-dzhojstikov-ot-vkb/page-27#entry590463

Other option for program trigger:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/970-programmirovanie-dzhojstikov-ot-vkb/page-27#entry590543

SAG Yeti

Sokol to the rescue, as usual! I had a look at your post last night, but didn't have the chance to try it out myself then. When I'm looking at it now what's behind the spoiler is gone, and when I try the link I can't access the pictures. Maybe you can post it again?

As I remembered it there was some different options there than I have in my current version of VKBDevCfg (v0.83.96) Was that a beta version or something? I can't find the same options myself.

I don't know much about programming, but from what I understand what you can do now is set an "on" point in a limited spot along the axis for two of the buttons. When the trigger passes that point the button is turned on and stays on until the trigger passes back over the same point. What I would like to have is the option to set "on" and "off" points for all the buttons wherever you want along the entire axis. This would make it possible to turn on and off safety or arm, or whatever you want as the trigger passes over that point.

I tried this one as well, but the translation doesn't make any sense to me at all. Google translate don't work very well with Russian.

I wonder why VKB won't comment on this issue. Me and others have asked in the VKB forum too, but we're getting no response from them.

Sent fra min D6503 via Tapatalk

I had a look at your post last night, but didn't have the chance to try it out myself then. When I'm looking at it now what's behind the spoiler is gone, and when I try the link I can't access the pictures. Maybe you can post it again?

When I quote that topic today I mess the spoiler. :D

Fixed: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3362758&postcount=278

But today was posted a different option in Il-2.ru, using "logical functions:

Quite right, here is an example of using logical ( Boolean ) functions in pure form.

So, first, let's define what we'll use. Obviously, two conditions must be met at the same time - pressing the button and the trigger state - Not Safe . And this is the operation of logical AND ( AND ) - as the 1st operand our button, as the 2nd - the virtual line Safe with inversion.

First of all, we find the operands of the buttons we need (since mapping always confuses all the buttons, does it just need it? ;)):

1st method (universal) - through the viewing of polling:

post-6112-0-63503200-1516599851.jpg

2-way - right at the logical level

post-6112-0-97031200-1516599859.jpg

So, the virtual lines we need associated with the logical buttons 1 and 2 of the controller are 6 and 7.

Virtual line Safe - 25

post-6112-0-09949000-1516601081.jpg

It's time to pick up the wire cutters and decisively cut off the wires leading from the lines 6-7 to the outputs:

post-6112-0-88943100-1516600098.jpg

Well, now we turn to dessert:

post-6112-0-01394300-1516600194.jpg

Repeat for the second trigger button (yourself).

On a logical level, we see the following picture:

post-6112-0-64685100-1516600326.jpg

As a "permissive" operand, you can use the logical line 24 (the virtual 25th Safe is on it )

Note: - Starting with the firmware version 1.92.A, the Armed (28) line can be used as the 2nd operand - but without inversion

In general, somehow so ...

==========================

Download of the above profile (require login): https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=66512

VKB won't comment on this issue

Yes we don't because it is a beta at the current stage.

Beta is released on "as is" basis.

We add something to the controller's functionality every so often. However the official release comes after a full round of tests and trials is complete. Which can take days, or months - depends on a zillion variables.

Once again, in short: the official release is only published when beta turns into final, not before.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

I kept the default delivery service and it only took 8 days to be delivered. I suppose I didn't get the taxes to pay because the package was handled by the local post office when it reached my country. I'm not sure that DHL will get any faster than a mere week

I only pay import duties and taxes when something is sent with DHL. They have a customs brokers team that earn their bread this way cause they always charge fees for handling it all for you through customs and pay all fees on behalf of you but then you have to pay DHL before they can release your shipment:) Middleman are very expensive. Sorry :poster_offtopic:

Edited by RUS38

Is it possible to mount the mcg on a gladiator?

Is possible in Gladiator PRO - but MCG compatible with this base will be released latter, notice too that are two versions of Gladiator PRO - Mk.I and Mk.II each requiring specific MCG grip.

I - https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product_cat=mcg-for-gladiator-pro-mk-i

II - https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product_cat=mcg-for-gladiator-pro-mk-ii

I tried this one as well, but the translation doesn't make any sense to me at all. Google translate don't work very well with Russian.

Well, if you don't want be a "beta tester" and try configure following the images in the topic await the... "official version". :D

The guy who did that post is who develop the software/firmware, so no reason for don't thrust .

I remember that in VKB forum (Russian) are a topic called (by Google Translator) :D "Ahead of locomotive (beta software)" where are posted beta versions, but is difficult to find the link...

Before VKB release their T-Link software for emulate "differential brakes" in T-Rudder, I did some configurations in DevCfg for brake with virtual buttons or virtual axis following images in that Russian forum and work. ;)

I have GF+MCG pro.

WIZZO has same problem.

Any suggestions?

OS is Windows 10 pro x64

Did you by any chance get this fixed ??

Megathanks to Sokol

Sokol we often clash but this doesn't change the fact you're a great man and I'm so grateful to you for the support you are doing here.

We needed (still will need in nearest future) to go around the factories this weekend, there is some fever coming as the Chinese New Year approaches, and so on and so forth - so much to do in so short time. No words to say how much I appreciate your involvement.

:thumbup:

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Tag Aerogator, he might have a fix or something , i dont think he have seen ur post

I'm not sure any VKB tech guys have checked my post.

Maybe they just don't have any idea about the issue.

Anyway, I've configured my stick in my 2nd(and relatively clean?) PC.

But still no go in my main PC.