Jet still sliding on Tarawa -- known issue?

Nealius

Normandy map, no issues. Well, ok, except my ability to land.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Even parked perpendicular to the ship, engines off, the jet slides towards the bow. Compare the two attached pictures. Note the clock on the right showing 55 seconds between pictures, and note the tie-down anchor on the deck that's next to the left MPCD. 55 seconds later that tie-down anchor is obscured by the cockpit frame.

;3343467']I made a video in the hope of helping the guys struggling with the brakes on the ship, hope it helps!

removed vid

Actually, after you land at 5:20 or so onward, if you watch the deck outside the plane, using the deck texture/cockpit frame as a gauge, you do start sliding after shutdown. It is small, but with no pitching deck, it is not as obvious (Or as fun! ;) ). But the sliding is still there. Buttery landing and nice tips though. Thank you for making it.

Edited by Torso

I’ve noticed this as well. It’s not as bad as before recent update though. Still sliding, but manageable. Hopefully this will get resolved. Otherwise, it shouldn’t be an issue unless you park on a crowded deck for more than 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• 1 month later...

Setup a mission with the Tarawa in poor weather ( DCS 2.5). Noticed the Harrier is moving about on the deck about a point even though engine at idle. Also sliding sideways to the direction of the main wheels. Seems to move about a point 8 inches in each direction. Does not look as if the aircraft is in one place on the moving ship deck. Not sure if this is a harrier or DCS sim issue?

Thanks for any comments

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.