Major Stuttering with A-10C Module Only

MikeSinn

Coming back to DCS after a stint with IL-2 BOS and have run into a strange challenge, all modules run fine in Nevada 2.2 except A-10C.

I can get a consistent 45+ FPS with VR in all my other modules (Viggen, FC3, Mirage, Huey...) when doing a low level run down the Vegas Strip. However, when running the same flight in the A-10C I get heavy stuttering with FPS ranging from 12 - 45. I can't tell you how many times I've plowed into the ground or an inconveniently placed building due to a badly timed stutter or "grey out" :doh:

I've tried reinstalling the A-10C module but that had no impact. Still incredibly bad stuttering.

My system specs are i7K@4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, Nividia 1080, HTC Vive.

Any suggestions or at least confirmation that this is a known issue would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Mike. One thing different about the A-10C versus other modules you've listed is the extra sensors you may be rendering. Try doing this without a TGP. If that improves your performance, try adjusting the "resolution of cockpit displays" option.

Hi Mike. One thing different about the A-10C versus other modules you've listed is the extra sensors you may be rendering. Try doing this without a TGP. If that improves your performance, try adjusting the "resolution of cockpit displays" option.

Thanks for the quick reply. So, the TGP pod can degrade performance even if it is not turned on? I likely have a TGP loaded on the wing but in none of my runs was it turned on. I will remove it tonight and give it another try. Will let you know tomorrow if there is another crater on the strip or if that solved the problem.

Hi Feefifofum,

I had a chance to test your suggestion last night and found that it did the trick. Without the TGP pod,I can consistently achieve 45+ FPS running low level down the Vegas strip. However, as soon as I attach the TGP pod, even with it never being powered on, my FPS drop by 15% - 20% and make it unflyable. Dropping cockpit resolution to 512 helps a bit but still very problematic.

What is strange is I don't see this problem when doing something similar in 1.5.8. I hope this can be resolved by the time 2.5 drops and that this isn't the new normal or will have to leave my favorite plane in the hanger.

Thanks again for helping to diagnosis the problem. One more of life's mysteries has now been solved.