Screenshots from Update 1

The first revision to the Operation Charnwood Campaign has been submitted and should be available with the next DCS: World 2.2 update. The major changes are:

- Addition of the new smoke effects included with DCS: World 2.2

- Tuning of 88mm Flak placement to account for the new targeting and airburst effects

- Addition of several radio calls omitted due to changes in trigger behavior

- Numerous fixes to radio text and timing

- Removal of many older battlefield effects made obsolete by the new systems (the net result is a slight increase in performance)

- Correction of radio frequencies to match mission briefings

Here are some screenshots :

The use of 'Scenery Destruction Zone' triggers and zones is evident here. The battlefield should look more 'lived in' in precisely the right places.

yXM1PcL.jpg

The smoke and other effects are not random but are based on the current state of the ground battle or on observation reports from the squadrons like this:

CrFNY5l.png

3SOMGJH.png

This is the mission 1 target going down once again!

9rZoxDe.png

Edited by Bunyap

Thanks Bunyap! The screeshots look awesome. I hope I actually get a direct hit on the bridge like that one day lol.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

So much attention to detail - great work there Bunyap.

Hopefully ED fixes the crashes in WeaponsBase.dll soon, so we can actually fly the campaign without CTD's ending the missions prematurely.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

• 2 weeks later...

As a heads up to anyone waiting on this update, the new files did not make it into Friday's patch. They will most definitely be included at the next opportunity but probably not until the 2.5 update later this month.

In the meantime, I am working to bring the Operation Epsom missions up to the same standard. With any luck, those will be available about the same time.

:thumbup:

Looking very good!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|