Dcs 2.0 stutters

Hey guys,

Im not a particularly savy computer guy, I can get a round a bit but mostly just looking stuff up on the net.

I have a windows 7 64bit Asus motherboard with 12 GB Ram an i7 running a 4ghz and a gtx 780 nvidia card.

I just cant figure out how to run DCS 2.0 without any stutters. I either have to run a really low setting on the sim which looks like crap or run mid with stutters up to 4 seconds every 30 seconds to a minute.

I dont want to do a whole bunch of mods to my pc without knowing what im really doing and Im not sure if some of the mods I have seen will work for 2.0

Any help and advice would be appreciated thanks.

JDW

i am running on a high righ pc and for some reason i got stutter all the time, tried all settign on nvcp etc etc, the only solution i found myself was to edit the graphics.lua and delete max fps line, then i limit my fps with riva turner statistics, enter game, press left alt+enter to switch to real full screen and stutters gone.

I suggest you turn on VSYNC in your nvcp, switch vsynoff in game and should run better.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

This. Delete the "MAX FPS" line in your graphic.lua. Same problem as you before, delete the line...and stutter gone! I don't use VSYNC, I only limit my FPS with Nvidia Inspector, but with VSYNC or without with FPS cap, it's perfectly smooth now. Same for 1.5 version.

i am running on a high righ pc and for some reason i got stutter all the time, tried all settign on nvcp etc etc, the only solution i found myself was to edit the graphics.lua and delete max fps line, then i limit my fps with riva turner statistics, enter game, press left alt+enter to switch to real full screen and stutters gone.

I suggest you turn on VSYNC in your nvcp, switch vsynoff in game and should run better.

I noticed the same problem. Sometimes is ok, sometimes big stutter. Only when i hit LAlt+Enter stutter gone. Something its a case of problem in 2.2. Didnt notice it before or in 1.5.8.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX  3090 24Gb OC, RAM 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz,, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Hey guys,

Im not a particularly savy computer guy, I can get a round a bit but mostly just looking stuff up on the net.

I have a windows 7 64bit Asus motherboard with 12 GB Ram an i7 running a 4ghz and a gtx 780 nvidia card.

I just cant figure out how to run DCS 2.0 without any stutters. I either have to run a really low setting on the sim which looks like crap or run mid with stutters up to 4 seconds every 30 seconds to a minute.

I dont want to do a whole bunch of mods to my pc without knowing what im really doing and Im not sure if some of the mods I have seen will work for 2.0

Any help and advice would be appreciated thanks.

JDW

Did You talk about old 2.0 or current version 2.2?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX  3090 24Gb OC, RAM 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz,, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

YoYo do you have any idea why i have to delete max fps in grahics.lua in order to not be stucked at 64fps?

I am running a 144hz gsync monitor, i7 7700k,32gb ram, 1080ti , if I dont delete that line in graphics.lua I would only be able to run the game at 64fps no matter alt+enter, no matter what settings I use.

Is that a a bug on 2.2. and 1.5.8?

p.s.: all win10 fixes around the net such as dvr off, game mode off, etc etc have been applied, i am stuck at 64 fps in DCS only.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

This. Delete the "MAX FPS" line in your graphic.lua. Same problem as you before, delete the line...and stutter gone! I don't use VSYNC, I only limit my FPS with Nvidia Inspector, but with VSYNC or without with FPS cap, it's perfectly smooth now. Same for 1.5 version.

I found that solution by myself and also posted your same advice in another thread, yes deleting that line make the stutters gone but with gysnc after many attempts the best settings to remove trackir stutter/micro-stutter/jiddgering/flickering (call it what ever da faq you want) was to set on NVCP :vsync to "application" , then put in game vsync on, after entering the game press alt+enter and magically i have 144fps STABLE in all scenarios.!!!!!

I found that solution by myself and also posted your same advice in another thread, yes deleting that line make the stutters gone but with gysnc after many attempts the best settings to remove trackir stutter/micro-stutter/jiddgering/flickering (call it what ever da faq you want) was to set on NVCP :vsync to "application" , then put in game vsync on, after entering the game press alt+enter and magically i have 144fps STABLE in all scenarios.!!!!!

When you do this, isnt Vsynch overwriting your monitor's Gsynch ? If you print the FPS from the monitor and DCS at the same time, are these values identical ?

I am having horrible stutter problems with this last update. But it's only on line. It's just impossible to fly in any server at this point.

No problems with off line at all. I asked people in servers if they're having the same issues and most people are not suffering from this.

Do I have to change something in my settings?

There is big stutter problem in 2.2. DCS keeps reading from the hard drive and stutters are extreme. It should load everything in the ram or Vram once and for all. Out of 8 GB VRAM it utilizes only 4 GB and out of 16 GB Ram almost 8 GB is free while running DCS. ED should work on this stutter problem. should utilize harware resources properly on high end PCs to eliminate the problem.

There is big stutter problem in 2.2. DCS keeps reading from the hard drive and stutters are extreme. It should load everything in the ram or Vram once and for all. Out of 8 GB VRAM it utilizes only 4 GB and out of 16 GB Ram almost 8 GB is free while running DCS. ED should work on this stutter problem. should utilize harware resources properly on high end PCs to eliminate the problem.

You're absolutely right, I've bitched about this for ages and it's a serious deal-breaker in the 2.0+ version of DCS World. The fine folks of Eagle Dynamics are mighty close to having a seriously kickass flight sim on the table--but this one major oversight keeps ruining it all.

I have a "mediocre" PC by some people's standards (see my sig), but DCS with all settings maxed still doesn't fully utilize it. That said, even turning down all the graphics settings to minimum, which gives tons of leftover video RAM and system RAM, isn't helping at all with the stutters. That means it could be an inherent problem with the simulation engine, and how it searches for and loads assets as you fly a mission and encounter/engage opponents. It's much worse with other units flying around, so it may be related to that.

They're very close, but no cigar just yet. When 2.5 is released, I very well may secure-erase my SSD and reinstall Windows and DCS entirely from scratch, just to get a clean start. As we all know, Windows is a very 'messy' system and it doesn't hurt to format/erase and reinstall everything every 6 months to a year of everyday use to keep it clean and snappy.

AD

Kit:

Asus Z170-P, i5-6600k at 4.5 GHz, 1.35V w/ CM Hyper 212 EVO, 2 x 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 4 @ 3000MHz 15-15-15-35, Zotac GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme Core Edition, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

You're absolutely right, I've bitched about this for ages and it's a serious deal-breaker in the 2.0+ version of DCS World. The fine folks of Eagle Dynamics are mighty close to having a seriously kickass flight sim on the table--but this one major oversight keeps ruining it all.

I have a "mediocre" PC by some people's standards (see my sig), but DCS with all settings maxed still doesn't fully utilize it. That said, even turning down all the graphics settings to minimum, which gives tons of leftover video RAM and system RAM, isn't helping at all with the stutters. That means it could be an inherent problem with the simulation engine, and how it searches for and loads assets as you fly a mission and encounter/engage opponents. It's much worse with other units flying around, so it may be related to that.

They're very close, but no cigar just yet. When 2.5 is released, I very well may secure-erase my SSD and reinstall Windows and DCS entirely from scratch, just to get a clean start. As we all know, Windows is a very 'messy' system and it doesn't hurt to format/erase and reinstall everything every 6 months to a year of everyday use to keep it clean and snappy.

AD

And further more, you cannot imagine the performance lag when I try to play Multiplayer. Although I have a good fibre optic internet connection, it takes ages to load the game. I have played games which are ten times more demanding however never experienced any stutters.

But I am sure ED Team must be working on the issues. Afterall its not an easy task to develope a game. They have come this far and I am sure will improve with time. Lets have patience and see what happens in future.

I don't have any USB audio devices, still stuttering.

But I do have 3 joysticks, trackIR, external 1T USB hard drive (only for backups) and a Logitech mouse and keyboard USB antenna.

Might be worth a try to disconnect some of them...

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Disconnected USB headset. Did not fix stuttering or FPS drop

Alienware Aurora R5 i7-6700k liquid cooled,4.0ghz overclocked to 4.4ghz, 32gb 2133mhz memory, 512gb SSD/1tb HD, EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3 Ultra, 32" Asus 2560x1440 display, 32" Acer HD monitor, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Pro Pedals.

my solution for stuttering is the following:

1) go into dcs\config folder, open graphics.lua with notepad++ and delete the max fps line, save it

2)in game enable vsync to ON

3) in nvidia control panel set vsync to "controlled by application"

4)if you're running a gsync monitor, turn gsync on, download riva turner statistic and set the fps -3 fps of you maximum monitr refresh rate, for istance my monitor is 165fps so i set it to 161.ù

5) after entering the game, press alt+enter to go to real "full screen" as DCS is well known to be bugged in this regard.

I had a lot of stuttering, tried vsyn off in game,on in nvcp, etc etc and I was expieriencing a lot of stuttering and fps drop from 60 to 165 .

The above solution fixed all my stuttering in both 2.2 and latest 1.5.8, now i run constant 165 fps without a single fps DROP in any situation using 1.5.8 , in 2.2 i have fps from 80 to 161 but without any stuttering!

P.S.: if any of you update to win 10 fall creators updated recently, i suggest searching google for "win 10 fall creators update stuttering" or "win 10 fall creators update fps drop".

There are a few tweakings needed to be carried out to fix some win10 problems,expecially disabling WIN 10 gaming/dvr/xbox shit etc etc.

I am running a 1080ti, i7 7700k @4.6 ghz, 32gb ram@3200mhz / ssd as well.

Now it's smooth like butter with above settings.

Edited by Goa

When you do this, isnt Vsynch overwriting your monitor's Gsynch ? If you print the FPS from the monitor and DCS at the same time, are these values identical ?

vsync and gsync must be both on as they work together, vsync does not affect gsync.

Yes fps are identical.

I hope ED will fix all those stutters and performances problems on the upcoming 2.5.

I used to be able to fly smoothly over Vegas with great graphics and quite a lot of units.. Nowadays it is completely laggy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lose sight / Lose fight

I hope ED will fix all those stutters and performances problems on the upcoming 2.5.

I used to be able to fly smoothly over Vegas with great graphics and quite a lot of units.. Nowadays it is completely laggy!

2.2 is not stuttering at all to me, please also take a look here