Mission 7

Shein

So I've flown mission 7 about 5 times now, and I'm unsure what to do. I take off, get the banter, and I'm instructed to fly to intercept 4 L39's and a fishbed. Everytime, it seems that the fishbed turns back for whatever reason and disappears. I merge with the L39's and they attempt to fire at me with R60's (like kittens trying to swat at a Rottweiler, lol) but I'm never given permission to fire. I fly back to steerpoint 5 and let them conduct their business, and it LOOKS like they're doing rocket passes at the valley but no ordinance leaves their ships, and I'm guessing thats why I'm losing a trigger or something to get permission to fire. If I fire on them, even after they've launched R60s, I get a mission fail. I'm unsure as to how to proceed; I try giving them extra time to get to the valley before I intercept and interrupt them, but to no avail. Am I missing something?

Hello Shein.

I will try to fly this ASAP and see what's happening in this latest patch. The MiG-21 should orbit over Kodori Valley until the L-39s begin their attack, at which point you will be authorized to open fire, and the MiG-21 should attempt to engage your flight.

Any mods etc. that could potentially be causing an issue?

Thanks for the report. I am looking in to building a workaround in to the mission in the event the L-39s do not attack, or attack the player before the Georgian ground forces.

Not sure why they have a problem all of a sudden, but I'll make sure players are able to complete the mission.

In the meantime, you can refer to my sticky post in the main Georgian War forum for instructions on how to bypass the mission for the time being. :)

Hello Shein.

I will try to fly this ASAP and see what's happening in this latest patch. The MiG-21 should orbit over Kodori Valley until the L-39s begin their attack, at which point you will be authorized to open fire, and the MiG-21 should attempt to engage your flight.

Any mods etc. that could potentially be causing an issue?

No mods whatsoever. I'm betting the MIG bugging out has something to do with it... thank you for your attention!

Thanks for the report.

Unfortunately, if they're not attacking the Georgians, you'll never be given permission to fire as I never intended the player to be able to reach them prior to their attack.

I will be building in a contingency in which I will simulate the attack on Georgian troops if it does not occur within an acceptable time frame, and am also looking in to adding some dialogue if the player somehow manages to intercept them prior to this and is fired on.

I'd recommend skipping this mission until the issues with L-39s not releasing ordnance are resolved, or I am able to push a workaround with the next DCS update. Sorry for the inconvenience!

You can find instructions for playing the next mission (or any mission at any time) HERE

EDIT: I've reproduced the issue, and reported it. I will still build a workaround into the .miz and send an updated version to ED. Sorry this one has been such a problem child recently, folks!

Edited by feefifofum

Alright, I've built in multiple workarounds to the issue in to the mission, so no matter what breaks, be it the L-39s flying like idiots and crashing in the mountains or failing to release their ordnance against the ground targets, the mission should progress. In the unlikely event (I found it impossible even at full burner doing mach 1.6) the player reaches the L-39s before they begin their attack, and is fired on, Magic will acknowledge you are under attack and clear you to engage.

I've submitted an updated version. Hopefully this will get out to you guys sooner rather than later.

Alright, I've built in multiple workarounds to the issue in to the mission, so no matter what breaks, be it the L-39s flying like idiots and crashing in the mountains or failing to release their ordnance against the ground targets, the mission should progress. In the unlikely event (I found it impossible even at full burner doing mach 1.6) the player reaches the L-39s before they begin their attack, and is fired on, Magic will acknowledge you are under attack and clear you to engage.

I've submitted an updated version. Hopefully this will get out to you guys sooner rather than later.

Awesome! excellent work. Can't wait to try it! Been thoroughly enjoying this campaign

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Shein, yes and no. It was updated ~3 weeks ago but a new AI bug also appeared with the update, and the L-39s are refusing to release ordnance. :wallbash:

I have since updated the .miz again but a patch has not pushed to 1.5 since. I am going to reach out to ED and see if it would be alright to just post the .miz as a hotfix.

Hey Shein, yes and no. It was updated ~3 weeks ago but a new AI bug also appeared with the update, and the L-39s are refusing to release ordnance. :wallbash:

I have since updated the .miz again but a patch has not pushed to 1.5 since. I am going to reach out to ED and see if it would be alright to just post the .miz as a hotfix.

Thank you!

what about impending 2.5 release?

I am really anxious to continue the campaign.

Yes I know I can skip missions but I want to do them all in order and not miss a thing!

Whenever they release 2.5 it will contain the very latest version of all the missions; they were all tested in the new Caucasus map ~3 months ago and everything worked. :) We push all our fixes to ED within minutes of completing them, and they are added to the next build by the ED team.

A few little bugs like this have since popped up in 1.5 but I'm optimistic the fixes will carry over.

EDIT:

Fixed version of Mission 7 included in 1.5.8 final release.

Edited by feefifofum