re assigning the default trackir keys

G3

after discovering that keeping the default key commands for the trackir software was taking away the original functions performed by those keys i got to thinking, better remap the offending keys, f7 f8 and f9.

so i went into the trackir profile, went to hotkeys and edited them accordingly.

i never use the slow setting so i disabled that.

i changed the 'pause' to numberpad 2,

and the 'centre view' to numberpad 1.

this gave me back the f7 f8 and f9 keys to give me alternate view etc.

i chose the numberpad keys 1 and 2 as ever since getting a trackir i have never really used the numberpad other than to zoom in and out, default zoom and quickly looking at the instrument panel. the view commands seemed like a good choice.

just worked this out today and was wondering how other trackir users map their keys?

I use the same two commands, but on Scroll Lock and the Pause / Break keys

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

good to see i am not alone, how did i not stumble across this before:music_whistling:

it is only thanks to touchbuddy and ruggbutts f15 profile that i really got to understand i had a problem as my trackir would pause or go into slow mode after i had tried to give my wingmen a command from the game tab.

might be able to add some buttons to the game tab for the trackir centre, pause etc.

anyway,

i guess i doesn't matter what keys you use provided they aren't mapped to something else :)

I have mine mapped to the cursor arrows. By default, they are flight controls but I would assume almost everyone here uses a joystick . . .

They are very easy to find in the heat of battle, very hard to miss!!

a very good point, i like it:thumbup: