VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

How do I add new command to the default profile.

I have read through the provided user manual and no description.

I am trying to setup command for view command such as

F1 cockpit view

F2 aircraft view

F3 fly-by view

F6 weapon release view

F7 Ground unit view

F8 Target view

F10 Theatre map view

Kindly send guidelines or link.

Besides the video's from Hollywood himself, for VoiceAttack (not Vaicom Pro) this is also a good tutorial. Should help you out.

Is there a video that addresses voiceattack and srs setup?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

If you mean SRS and VAICOM, I would like more info also.

I don't use SRS yet, but from the manual & video I saw I am confused if when you press tx1 to talk do both vaicom & SRS hear you at the same time?

A video of it in use would help.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

If you mean SRS and VAICOM, I would like more info also.

I don't use SRS yet, but from the manual & video I saw I am confused if when you press tx1 to talk do both vaicom & SRS hear you at the same time?

A video of it in use would help.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Yes. Sorry meant Vaicom not voiceattack.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Hollywood,

My viacom is now fubar after it crashed several times. I installed the latest version, copied the latest chatter, and imported the DCS Profile. But now every time I start VA, it doesn't initialize the profile like it used to do and I don't hear any chatter either. Also, nothing works when I pressed the MIC switch.

Please do the needful. I also sent you a PM with some errors from the fault text file.

thanks,

G6

Win 10 · i9900K@stock · 4070Ti· ASUS Z390-A · SSD · 64Gb · TM Warthog · CV1 · Quest 2

Besides the video's from Hollywood himself, for VoiceAttack (not Vaicom Pro) this is also a good tutorial. Should help you out.

Dawgie79 thank you. I sure will check those references out.

Cheers.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

@G6 lol no worries m8

+++ release 2.5.9 +++

Plugin 2.5.9. is out! Make sure to check out these sexy new features:

- Audio tab: As a unique VAICOM PRO feature, DCS comms audio can now be redirected to a separate audio device.

For example this can be used for split comms output to headphones while playing DCS ambient sounds on room speakers.

Also default audio device can be used with the added option to apply L/M/R panning to the individual radios.

Check it out!

- Universal Repeat/Say Again command: you can now use these with any recipient to have the last call repeated to you.

For example try saying ' Darkstar,.. Say Again' or simply 'Repeat'. This works with any category.

Have fun ;)

Hollywood

audio-tab_orig.png

Edited by Hollywood_315
added screenshot

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

:thumbup:

Thanks much for the update Hollywood!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

@G6 lol no worries m8

+++ release 2.5.9 +++

Plugin 2.5.9. is out! Make sure to check out these sexy new features:

- Audio tab: As a unique VAICOM PRO feature, DCS comms audio can now be redirected to a separate audio device.

For example this can be used for split comms output to headphones while playing DCS ambient sounds on room speakers.

Also default audio device can be used with the added option to apply L/M/R panning to the individual radios.

Check it out!

- Universal Repeat/Say Again command: you can now use these with any recipient to have the last call repeated to you.

For example try saying ' Darkstar,.. Say Again' or simply 'Repeat'. This works with any category.

Have fun ;)

Hollywood

audio-tab_orig.png

Great update.

What is the best way to update to 2.5.9.

Download from your website and apply of there is an inbuilt update function?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

@Eagle Thanks. It's automatic if you're an existing user: you're prompted to accept the update when you launch VA.
Sure I get the a prompt to update now.

Downloading package.

Thanks

@Hollywood_315

Thank you for 2.5.9

"a man who knows no bounds"....

:)

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Outstanding update loving the new audio tab, great work!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Really enjoying Vaicom Pro now that I have it figured out for the most part. The one thing I'm having trouble with is the "special" commands from the F10 menu. Specifically, I'm doing mission 2 in bear trap in which you have to direct the F-16's to attack the target. I have the option selected to import F-10 menus. I have gone through the speech recognition setup and imported to voiceattack. I confirmed the command is there in both Vaicom and the voice attack profile. In fact, the Vaicom "test" button confirmed that the verbal command is in voice attack and ready for use.

The command is listed as "Action Colt 1-1 (SEAD) push"

I have tried every possible way I can think of pronouncing this and I'm not getting any type of response at all. What am I doing wrong??

2 questions since date

First, great additions in this update. I was adding some command this afternoon as I started playing in VR. After I added the wors I start the voice training. And when selecting Finish it gave me the steps to copy the new commands into the profile. But the profile window seems to have changed. I don't see the line or field that say "When I speak" Therefore I can't copy the commands in. see screenshot

The second problem I have is with the transmit buttons. I have the POV switch on the side of my Warthog for the 4 different channels. in DCS UP is com1 and Down is Com2. But in Voieattack UP shows TX4, POV forward is TX1. This did not happen before. When I use UP Com1 it does not work because VA is using com4 so no command is heard or transmitted.

Thanks, Hollywood for this amazing tool.

Voiceattack.thumb.jpg.8be70b0596392ff279115d11f140c760.jpg

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

I'm having trouble with the Audio tab. I'm wanting external sounds through my speakers and comms through the Rift. What should I set Windows to, and what should I set the Audio tab to?

I'm doing what I think the manual is saying, which is to select Rift Audio in the VAICOM audio tab, but should the Device in Windows be my speakers or the Rift?

I think we need some more detailed instructions here.

Thanks,

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I don't use it myself, but you might also want to check your settings in OH, as they contain an option to mirror the rift's audio to the default Windows output device, which could make it look like the VP feature isn't working.

@Don @Eagle @slicker @Outlaw24 :thumbup:

@killerquagmire Nothing wrong there, just seems like a bit of tricky phrase for recognition perhaps.

Try use the keywords editor to simplify e.g. remove the (SEAD) part.

@DutchCoolHand Double click the AI communications command (lowest) to get to the When I Say field.

Remove comms key/button binds in DCS, see User Manual pages 10-13.

@Rogue For the Rift try with What @Greyman says. Windows desktop audio to speakers.

In Oculus Home/Devices/Rift set to Rift Headphones w/ Mirror VR audio and Hear Computer Audio off.

In DCS VR options use built-in audio device off. Then in VAICOM PRO set audio output device to Oculus Rift.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@Don @Eagle @slicker @Outlaw24 :thumbup:

@DutchCoolHand Double click the AI communications command (lowest) to get to the When I Say field.

Remove comms key/button binds in DCS, see User Manual pages 10-13.

Thanks Hollywood, I did read the user manual again but I guess I must have overlooked it :thumbup:

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

The new Razbam update for the AV8-B has an issue when using VaicomPro.

If I'm using Vaicom/Voice attack. I can't hear her and even when using the volume control I cannot get her voice audible. When I don't use Vaicom, I get her voice.

Unfortunately for me and others in my squadron this is in the same ball park as the Sidearm tone not working properly when Vaicom is in use. I can't fly SEAD if have Vaicom in use. Anyone know why or is there a fix?

Thank you.

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

@Hollywood, since the release date for the F-14 Tomcat was announced (release on the 13th), when will you have the RIO addon available for purchase? :)
I very much expect this to kick off in earnest.

I know vaicom pro crew would have to get their hands on the Tomcat first to see how Jester command is structured and take it from there.

@waistcat You get the same muting effect when you open and close the menu a few times with the \ key without running VA/VAICOM PRO.

Even when you clear the plugin lua code completely the issue still remains.

So like the sidewinder tone this is one to report to RAZBAM, the problem is not with VAICOM.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com