VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

1 hour ago, sthompson said:

No that is not what you would expect. The "release" on the first press should be for TX1, not TX2. This implies that somehow you have the button assignment for TX1 release not configured properly, and possibly have a problem with TX2 as well. Furthermore the second press shows "listening resumed" just as it should but with no "listening suspended" afterwards, which is different from what you described in your original post.

It would be helpful if you could post a screenshot of your VA window trying these keypresses when not in a mission since behavior can be module dependent. Say something in each case while the button is held so that we can get verification that VA is listening (or not). Also, since VA can be configured to have the more recent messages at either the top or the bottom, please indicate which of those options you have selected when you post your screenshot. Also, what is the setting of the rotary switch on the PTT tab of the VAICOM widget? This can matter since PTT behavior is somewhat module dependent.

If all else fails you may need to load a clean VAICOM profile and remap the TX keys per instructions in the VAICOM manual.

Apologies, I made a typo in the first button press. The release is TX1. The first button press always works.

I think there's some confusion because the second button press follows what I described, or at least it does from my point of view (woods for trees maybe...)

I'll number the lines as they appear in VA for the second button press (effectively new messages appear at the bottom - simply because as I've typed them it makes more sense to put them in this order...)

1.Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'
2. Listening Resumed

3. --------------------------------------

4. DCS mission | Georgia

5. Player TLicense entered module F-16C Viper, unit callsign Enfield 11

6. Nearest ATC:Kutaisi.

7. Listening suspended

8. Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'

9. --------------------------------------

As you can see line 7 shows the listening being suspended prior to line 8 where the button is being released.

I've tried another module (FA18) and it exhibits the same behaviour, but it only does it in mission. It does it in both single player and multiplayer.

In the images below, the more recent messages are at the top of the list.

PTT rotary.png

VA list.png

PTT settings.png

TX1 press.png

TX1 release.png

VA general.png

VA hotkeys.png

VA joystick options.png

If there's any other things that I can grab that might help anyone with diagnosing this, just let me know.

Many thanks for your help so far!

-Tony

Edited by TLicense
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TLicense said:

Apologies, I made a typo in the first button press. The release is TX1. The first button press always works.

I think there's some confusion because the second button press follows what I described, or at least it does from my point of view (woods for trees maybe...)

I'll number the lines as they appear in VA for the second button press (effectively new messages appear at the bottom - simply because as I've typed them it makes more sense to put them in this order...)

1.Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'
2. Listening Resumed

3. --------------------------------------

4. DCS mission | Georgia

5. Player TLicense entered module F-16C Viper, unit callsign Enfield 11

6. Nearest ATC:Kutaisi.

7. Listening suspended

8. Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'

9. --------------------------------------

As you can see line 7 shows the listening being suspended prior to line 8 where the button is being released.

I've tried another module (FA18) and it exhibits the same behaviour, but it only does it in mission. It does it in both single player and multiplayer.

In the images below, the more recent messages are at the top of the list.

PTT rotary.png

VA list.png

PTT settings.png

TX1 press.png

TX1 release.png

VA general.png

VA hotkeys.png

VA joystick options.png

If there's any other things that I can grab that might help anyone with diagnosing this, just let me know.

Many thanks for your help so far!

-Tony

All of that looks correct to me. Here are a few suggestions: (1) Test when DCS is not running so that no module or mission is loaded. If you still have a problem then it has something to do with module or mission interaction, although this seems unlikely. (2) Test with the rotary switch on the PTT tab set to NRML. Possibly the use of INV is related to the issue. (3) Bring up the "Edit a command" window in your profile for command "Transmit TX1 Release." Then click on the box with three dots to the right of the "when I press button" line and provide a screenshot of the dialog that opens so that we can see that you have the button correctly configured to only activate on button release. 

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. Dell XPS-8500 24GB, i7-3770@3.40GHz, Win 10Pro, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, TiR, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, CH throttle and pedals, all maps, most modules

6 minutes ago, sthompson said:

All of that looks correct to me. Here are a few suggestions: (1) Test when DCS is not running so that no module or mission is loaded. If you still have a problem then it has something to do with module or mission interaction, although this seems unlikely. (2) Test with the rotary switch on the PTT tab set to NRML. Possibly the use of INV is related to the issue. (3) Bring up the "Edit a command" window in your profile for command "Transmit TX1 Release." Then click on the box with three dots to the right of the "when I press button" line and provide a screenshot of the dialog that opens so that we can see that you have the button correctly configured to only activate on button release. 

Without DCS running, it behaves 'normally'. In the image below, DCS is closed, I've then closed and re-opened VA then pressed the PTT button twice.

I've checked with the rotary switch in NRML and behaves the same.

I've attached the image of the TX1 release showing that the "Shortcut is invoked only when all buttons are released" is ticked.

Could it be that the profile is corrupt somehow?

VA_2_button_presses.png

select joystick buttons.png

12 minutes ago, TLicense said:

Without DCS running, it behaves 'normally'. In the image below, DCS is closed, I've then closed and re-opened VA then pressed the PTT button twice.

I've checked with the rotary switch in NRML and behaves the same.

I've attached the image of the TX1 release showing that the "Shortcut is invoked only when all buttons are released" is ticked.

Could it be that the profile is corrupt somehow?

VA_2_button_presses.png

select joystick buttons.png

Turn on VAICOM debugging to see if you get any better information in the VA window. Try moving your rotary switch to NRML to see if that makes a difference. Also enable the keyboard button 1 on the press and release definitions and try using that instead of your joystick. (That should verify that the issue is not related to something in your joystick setup outside of VA.) If none of those makes the problem go away then I'm out of ideas. Everything you've shown so far seems correctly configured. I doubt if it's a corrupt profile since the press and release commands seem correctly set up. The actual "listening" on/off commands are being executed by the plugin.

Edited by sthompson
added a suggestion

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. Dell XPS-8500 24GB, i7-3770@3.40GHz, Win 10Pro, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, TiR, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, CH throttle and pedals, all maps, most modules

Solved!

OK, so if you click the "Visit VAICOMPRO thread at ED Forums" on the VAICOM Pro panel (as I did) it bring you right here. Well, if you go up one 'level' on the forum and take a look around then there is this thread:

Turns out that VAICOM Pro and DiCE have some compatibility issues, so I've binned off DiCE and now all is well!

Thanks for all your help!

Edited by TLicense
  • Like 1

Solved!
OK, so if you click the "Visit VAICOMPRO thread at ED Forums" (as I did) it bring you right here. Well, if you go up one 'level' on the forum and take a look around then there is this thread:

Turns out that VAICOM Pro and DiCE have some compatibility issues, so I've binned off DiCE and now all is well!

Thanks for all your help!
Glad you solved it.
I keep forgetting that DiCE might interfere, as I have uninstalled it.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Having an issue w/ the P51. I use easy comms, and all works fine in the F16. Pressing my ptt button transmits on TX4 and sends to the correct place. PTT button also works in the menu - I can hear the radio click. However, as soon as I spawn in a P51, the PTT button does nothing anymore. Voiceattack shows 'transmit tx4 press' and 'transmit tx4 release', but no longer shows listening resumed or suspended, and vaicom panel shows no xmit input. 

Edit: found the answer, I had to use the up/down arrow in Vaicom to select tx4 on the radio list as p51 has only 1 radio.

Edited by jparker36

I have a problem with Crystal Palace, impossible to hear.

On several different solo missions.

However, I do solicit it on COM1 (F/A-18C) on the frequency 142.000

Voice Attack tells me:

TX1 COMM1: ARC-210 AM 142.000 Mhz tuned for auxiliary unit Crystal Palace [AI]

then [Read mission Briefing]

then Constructing message ...

then Done

But no audio feedback.

Do you see a reason ?

Thank you.

Edited by hotstick

Hi Gents,

Easy Comms is OFF in DCS. VAICOM PRO is running. Voice Attack listening page writes for all commands following error message:

Command "......." is currently disabled for this session and was not executed.

What am I doing wrong?

• Like 1

Hi Gents,

Easy Comms is OFF in DCS. VAICOM PRO is running. Voice Attack listening page writes for all commands following error message:
Command "......." is currently disabled for this session and was not executed.

What am I doing wrong?
You did nothing wrong. VAICOM turned very picky after 2.5.25, and for me it's a miss or hit.
Downgrade to 2.5.24 if you have serious issues, and don't mind the kneeboard to be a little stubborn. Make sure you're using correct frequencies and the select command to the correct recipient. Keep the TX pressed longer than before. That's my tips. Not everyone have this issue, but I do often. I made a thread about it.
Cheers!

Thanks. After downgrading and restarting, it says "2.25.3 is available, listing DCS 2.7 compatibility".

Will the lack of this update cause me any problem with DCS 2.7?
I have no issues. There were some fixes to the kneeboard. But I have very few issues.
If you don't disable the update in preferences, VAICOM will ask you on every start of VA.

I have recently started using Vaicom.I'm enjoying the very nice voice recognition commands.

But I am having one problem.
I give the command "Make Recon x Mile" in Ka-50, but the DCS wingman does not respond at all.
For all other commands, the wingman responds very well.  Also, when I issue commands by keyboard operation from the radio menu, reconnaissance is performed with no problem at all.

Why does only reconnaissance voice command not work?
Also, I am wondering about the difference in the unit system, which is "km" in the communication menu, but "mile" in the Vaicom command.

Any help here would be much appreciated!

Edited by foobolt

Because the command is wrong. Many of the VAICOM commands are VERY different from text in the radio menu.
Correct command is:
Kick out to xx miles

Hope this helps!
Cheers!

On 8/29/2021 at 9:19 AM, MAXsenna said:

Correct command is:
Kick out to xx miles

Thanks for the reply!

I was writing the content of the command. What I'm actually pronouncing is "kick out to" as you wrote it.

I'll attach a screenshot, in VoiceAttack's operation, it seems to recognize the voice and send the command successfully.
However, I am having trouble with the DCS wingman because he does not react in any way.

Why do they obey orders to formations, attack, etc. properly, but do not do reconnaissance?

210830 VoiceAttack Recon.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply!
I was writing the content of the command. What I'm actually pronouncing is "kick out to" as you wrote it.

I'll attach a screenshot, in VoiceAttack's operation, it seems to recognize the voice and send the command successfully.
However, I am having trouble with the DCS wingman because he does not react in any way.
Why do they obey orders to formations, attack, etc. properly, but do not do reconnaissance?
203686079_210830VoiceAttackRecon.jpg.7fb402bf2a95740f9cbd5b3a7682063f.jpg
Ah, get it. Sorry about the confusion. I will do a test later.
I know the Ka-50 suffered from some comms error a while ago. I hope it's not back.
Cheers!

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Ah, get it. Sorry about the confusion. I will do a test later.
I know the Ka-50 suffered from some comms error a while ago. I hope it's not back. emoji4.png
Cheers!

Thanks for the reply, best regards for your validation work!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Hollywood_315 (and everyone)

I found something curious in the behavior of the program.
After many tests and troubleshooting, I managed to discover that if in the dedicated server that we have with my squad, we left the advanced settings "allow player export" unticked, the following voice actions doesn't work:
- "Request rearming"
- "Options"
Probably other commands may have the same problem, we do not check all of them.

We did the test on 4 different dedicated servers and the problem is the same.

Hopefully you can help me with this.

Thanks

1.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MB ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390 Intel Core i9-9900K NO COOLING, I love danger... (Just Kidding, EKWB water-cooling 4 CPU&GPU)

ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11GB RAM 64 M.2 1T SSD 2.5T ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Pimax 5K PLUS (8KX ASAP) Saitek Pro Rudder

4 hours ago, Colmillo said:

Hi @Hollywood_315 (and everyone)

I found something curious in the behavior of the program.
After many tests and troubleshooting, I managed to discover that if in the dedicated server that we have with my squad, we left the advanced settings "allow player export" unticked, the following voice actions doesn't work:
- "Request rearming"
- "Options"
Probably other commands may have the same problem, we do not check all of them.

We did the test on 4 different dedicated servers and the problem is the same.

Hopefully you can help me with this.

Thanks

From page 23 of the manual: 

Prerequisites For working with Multiplayer, on the MP page the ‘Use with Multiplayer’ setting must be enabled. On the MP server, the setting Allow Player Export must be enabled.

VAICOM cannot get all of the required info about game status if it's disabled. I'm not familiar with the specifics but I believe this is a limitation of DCS, which blocks access to certain data when export is disabled.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sthompson said:

From page 23 of the manual: 

Prerequisites For working with Multiplayer, on the MP page the ‘Use with Multiplayer’ setting must be enabled. On the MP server, the setting Allow Player Export must be enabled.

VAICOM cannot get all of the required info about game status if it's disabled. I'm not familiar with the specifics but I believe this is a limitation of DCS, which blocks access to certain data when export is disabled.

Thanks! 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MB ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390 Intel Core i9-9900K NO COOLING, I love danger... (Just Kidding, EKWB water-cooling 4 CPU&GPU)

ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11GB RAM 64 M.2 1T SSD 2.5T ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Pimax 5K PLUS (8KX ASAP) Saitek Pro Rudder

Got a new PC and tried reinstalling everything.
- Set VoiceAttack up like recommended by VCP, including "Run as admin"

- Ran Vaicom Pro installer

- Restarted VA

- Opened "Import profile" and browsed to specified folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO

RESULT: There is no "profiles" folder; not there or anywhere in the VoiceAttack folder tree

What am I missing?

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

1 hour ago, moggel said:

Got a new PC and tried reinstalling everything.
- Set VoiceAttack up like recommended by VCP, including "Run as admin"

- Ran Vaicom Pro installer

- Restarted VA

- Opened "Import profile" and browsed to specified folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO

RESULT: There is no "profiles" folder; not there or anywhere in the VoiceAttack folder tree

What am I missing?

That due to recent changes in VoiceAttack it now gets installed in a different directory than before and the VAICOM installer has not caught up. The workaround is to download the ZIP file for VAICOM and unzip it to the right location instead of using the VAICOM installer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sthompson said:

That due to recent changes in VoiceAttack it now gets installed in a different directory than before and the VAICOM installer has not caught up. The workaround is to download the ZIP file for VAICOM and unzip it to the right location instead of using the VAICOM installer.

Yup, that seems to do the trick. Thanks!

• Like 1

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS