VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hello,

I have a serious problem with "select" "ATC" , because I am literally unable to spell the names as foreigner. I always manually tune the frequency, but without select, it will be still calling to last ATC. Is there a chance, I can somehow set, that the manual selection of Frequency will select correct ATC on that frequency? Got PRO license. Or any other bypass to dont need ATC slection command, when I actually tune the frequencies correctly manually?

Thanks very much

EDIT: I started filling dictionary with my English. Somehow it can chew it, and I can talk with ATC again, without "options" involve.

Edited by Wexler

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Hello,

I have a serious problem with "select" "ATC" , because I am literally unable to spell the names as foreigner. I always manually tune the frequency, but without select, it will be still calling to last ATC. Is there a chance, I can somehow set, that the manual selection of Frequency will select correct ATC on that frequency? Got PRO license. Or any other bypass to dont need ATC slection command, when I actually tune the frequencies correctly manually?

Thanks very much

EDIT: I started filling dictionary with my English. Somehow it can chew it, and I can talk with ATC again, without "options" involve.
Wexler - what is your native language as there may already be a Vaicom translation for it?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

1 hour ago, hornblower793 said:

Wexler - what is your native language as there may already be a Vaicom translation for it?

Hey. Czech language. There is no hope for us with translations 🙂 Currently, there is no speech recognition available to czech. But, i would not use it anyway. I am ok with English, it force me to speak better, thats ok. Its worse with the location names like "minvody" "tbilisi" "bazenvile" "whatever-mer". I can imagine you got me. I would say, on Caucasus, it is harder for englishmen than for czech. Thats why it would be welcome to be able to selcet ATC somehow without trying to tell the location name and get 20x unrecognized.

Learning the speech recognition for certain words, or even make different word (aliases) in the VoiceAttack is solution. But, with number of maps quickly rising, its starting to be a lot of work.

Edited by Wexler
typo

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

After the beta update to 2.7 Viacom seems to be broken, with an error about object not referenced in the VA logs and a consistent, every couple of seconds, throbbing crunching sound that sounds like an old 8bit video game monster. Is it my system or is this a compatibility issue with 2.7? 

13 hours ago, wiscious said:

After the beta update to 2.7 Viacom seems to be broken, with an error about object not referenced in the VA logs and a consistent, every couple of seconds, throbbing crunching sound that sounds like an old 8bit video game monster. Is it my system or is this a compatibility issue with 2.7? 

I certainly haven't had this in the test flights I have done. What plane are you flying and when does the error message appear in the logs?

Have you tried closing everything down and then running a DCS repair? If this doesn't work please could you turn on Vaicom debug and post either a screenshot of the log showing the error message or a copy of the log file

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

3 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

I certainly haven't had this in the test flights I have done. What plane are you flying and when does the error message appear in the logs?

Have you tried closing everything down and then running a DCS repair? If this doesn't work please could you turn on Vaicom debug and post either a screenshot of the log showing the error message or a copy of the log file

Hey man, sure - I’ll do as you suggest and get back to you, thanks for the input. 

I'm sure this is somewhere in this thread, I've just been unable to locate it... How do you make VAICOM work with 2 separate installs of DCS (stable & beta)?  the export.lua is correct and the VAICOMPRO directory is in the Scripts directory of both.  It is working in my first install, just not in the second.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction....

Have you changed the OB / Stable slider in the Vaicom config to the correct value before running which ever version is not working?

Edited by hornblower793

2 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

Have you changed the OB / Stable slider in the Vaicom config to the correct value before running which ever version is not working?

Hey man,

so I repaired DCs and also repaired Viacom. I have got the slider over on the beta side and that aligns with the beta 2.7 I’m using. 
Voiceattack is working okay and when I start Viacom, it starts okay and is also listening. The logs agree it’s all good...but...when I start DCS 2.7 openbeta, the sound corruption begins when the music kicks in. It’s a repetitive, every second, crunch sound. If I stop voice attack it goes away. It comes back when I start it up again. 
I switched off music in game and it does the same as soon as I’m in flight. Any audio is corrupted with the repetitive crunch sound. 
if I speak to Voiceattack, it still works, but the crunch sound persists. It may be the chatter pack corrupt? I will uninstall Viacom and test Voiceattack without it. Then I will reinstall Viacom after I confirm it’s not Voiceattack itself causing the corruption. 

thanks for your help! 

3 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

In my experience its better to get the DCS registry entries corrected and then turn off the custom path options in VAICOM config. The VAICOM options are needed only if your DCS registry entries are not pointing to the install locations for stable, OB, etc.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

In my experience its better to get the DCS registry entries corrected and then turn off the custom path options in VAICOM config. The VAICOM options are needed only if your DCS registry entries are not pointing to the install locations for stable, OB, etc.

Fixing the registry with the custom path does this, which is what I was trying to ask (admittedly in a very bad way :-))

Just now, wiscious said:

Well, I got it sorted by uninstalling both Viacom and Voiceattack - repairing DCS beta and then reinstalling Voiceattack and then Viacom. 
Thanks for communicating with me on this, much appreciated. All the best! 🙂

Glad it is working now👍

• Like 1

Help after the 2.7 update if I am outside of DCS on the desktop or ?? "not running DCS" When I get into DCS the Voice attack "Stops Listing after a few seconds and I have to initialize the Start Listening to get it to respond to voice commands again" But it does the same thing again and Stops Listing it does this constantly every 5-10 seconds 😞 The entire time I am in DCS or in any Cockpit or Aircraft???? This is making me NUTS!! I had this happen before but I can't remember what I did to fix it Anyone have any Suggestions that are not R&R or Uninstall

I have way to many setup  to lose all of the info I have setup now.. Thanks...

Edited by Screamer63
sp

Hi All,

I bought voice attack years ago on steam but never used it. I wanted to get the Viacom Pro plugin so I went to steam and installed Voice Attack. However, when I run the Viacom install I get "Voice attack is not installed" message. Any ideas?

5 hours ago, wraith76 said:

Hi All,

I bought voice attack years ago on steam but never used it. I wanted to get the Viacom Pro plugin so I went to steam and installed Voice Attack. However, when I run the Viacom install I get "Voice attack is not installed" message. Any ideas?

Just a guess, but I'll bet that Voice Attack is not installed in the usual location when you buy it through Steam. You might have to download the zip file version of VAICOM Pro and do a manual install. It's as simple as unzipping it to the correct directory and then importing a profile once you start VA.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

13 hours ago, sthompson said:

Just a guess, but I'll bet that Voice Attack is not installed in the usual location when you buy it through Steam. You might have to download the zip file version of VAICOM Pro and do a manual install. It's as simple as unzipping it to the correct directory and then importing a profile once you start VA.

That makes sense. I'll give this a try and see.

20 hours ago, sthompson said:

You were correct. Thanks man!

im new with vaicom. I have pro license with all extensions. But dont work. Plugin working, i can speak in radio in cockkpit (F-18) but nothing happend. I see vaicom kneeboard, but can change page.. when i say "traffic" i see right action in voiceattack, but dont change kneboard page to ATC. iI it problem with new 2.7 version?

4 hours ago, Dovivan said:

im new with vaicom. I have pro license with all extensions. But dont work. Plugin working, i can speak in radio in cockkpit (F-18) but nothing happend. I see vaicom kneeboard, but can change page.. when i say "traffic" i see right action in voiceattack, but dont change kneboard page to ATC. iI it problem with new 2.7 version?

I say ATC to switch to the ATC page. However with 2.7 I'm finding that the comms info is not being recorded, at least for carrier ops.

It sounds like Vaicom maybe looking in the wrong place for your DCS install.

Please could you turn on Vaicom debug (open VoiceAttack, press Lctrl+Lalt+C, go to the Config tab, tick the first option - Run in debug mode).

Then restart Voiceattack / Vaicom and stop it again.

Post the Vaicom log file on here and we will take a look at it. The log file can be found in \apps\vaicompro\logs.

Got the Viacom pro full pack went to down load all but it failed so I downloaded individual extensions  got all the keys but you cant   download the Interactive Knee board or the Realistic ATC without having to buy them again tried contacting them but no answer yet. So if anyone knows what to do and can inform me I would be much Obliged.

thanks 

have also asked in the general section but hope fully this seems like a good place to ask hope Ive entered it correctly as a reply my Order ID is 0084729483

Edited by Johnezq
typing correction