VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

pleaseeeeeeee help. my vaicomm pro major issue not voice attack due to i have been working with voice attack tech support for two week. any i cant get the vaicomm pro to close. yes i have disabled plugins and nothing. only way i cant get app to stop running is to reboot pc.then when i click voiceattack it starts up and reboots everytime i close the app. been trying to fix this issue for 2 months about over it. yes done full unistall on voiceattack and vaicomm pro nothing  and of course i cant find actual real email support for vaicomm pro. 
Are you starting VA using the Vaicompro app? If so, then that is why you have the issue. The Vaicompro app is there to restart VA / Vaicom as soon as it closes.

To shut this down you will need to exit the Vaicompro app using its icon in the Windows notification area before shutting VA.

To avoid this, just start VA directly.

Page 38 of the Vaicom manual explains more

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is there a way to set push to talk binds per aircraft and have VIACOM auto switch like SRS does? Ideally it'd just look at your comms bindings in game and grab those but barring that i'm looking

VAICOM PRO 2.5 INTERACTIVE VOICE COMMUNICATIONS PLUGIN FOR DCS WORLD www.vaicompro.com     VAICOM PRO (FREE/PRO) is a professional-grade voice communications interface, specifical

Turn on debug mode, restart VAICOM, then post your log file here so we can see if there are any issues on startup.

pleaseeeeeeee help. my vaicomm pro major issue not voice attack due to i have been working with voice attack tech support for two week. any i cant get the vaicomm pro to close. yes i have disabled plugins and nothing. only way i cant get app to stop running is to reboot pc.then when i click voiceattack it starts up and reboots everytime i close the app. been trying to fix this issue for 2 months about over it. yes done full unistall on voiceattack and vaicomm pro nothing  and of course i cant find actual real email support for vaicomm pro. 

Are you launching VA as Administrator?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Hi all,

I've just purchased the kneeboard add-on for Vaicom Pro. Does anyone know if there is a way to get the dictation feature to work while using the F-10 map? I'd like to record coordinates so that I can go back and input them into the nav systems.

Thanks!

Tom

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Hi, all

Trying to get to grips with Vaicom with AIRIO.. most things work ok but I can't seem to get the Radio Tune option (manual tuning to work). 

The Radio Tune speech command is recognised but the Voice Attack dialog box return "Radio Tune" Not recognized, as though the Radio Tune command is not a command in the profile, but upon checking it is in there.

Also anybody know the command structure - the manual is not clear.. do you say Radio Tune, then pause to wait for the beep and then provide the 6 digit frequency or state the whole command in one - such as Radio Tune 125 Decimal 000?

Thanks for the help

Mutleyxxx

<Although worked out the Scan at Angels below- can't get the manual tune above to work.. other radio tune commands do>>

additional to that, also struggling with the Scan Angels command.. anybody got that working.. please see below

Thanks again

<update to the Scan Angels - worked it out - user error - need to say Scan Sector, Angels <alt> at <distance> .. didn;t realise you need to say San Sector 1st.. >

image.png

Edited by mutleyxxx
Hi, all
Trying to get to grips with Vaicom with AIRIO.. most things work ok but I can't seem to get the Radio Tune option (manual tuning to work). 
The Radio Tune speech command is recognised but the Voice Attack dialog box return "Radio Tune" Not recognized, as though the Radio Tune command is not a command in the profile, but upon checking it is in there.
Also anybody know the command structure - the manual is not clear.. do you say Radio Tune, then pause to wait for the beep and then provide the 6 digit frequency or state the whole command in one - such as Radio Tune 125 Decimal 000?
Thanks for the help
Mutleyxxx
>

additional to that, also struggling with the Scan Angels command.. anybody got that working.. please see below
Thanks again

Scan Sector, Angels at .. didn;t realise you need to say San Sector 1st.. >

image.png.dadf8376c55e179370d2a496b11bde7e.png
The command phrases should just be spoken at a relatively slow pace so no need for pauses. I could not get the speech recognition to recognise tune reliably and ended up changing the phrase to radio freak rather than radio tune. Similarly i changed TACAN tune to tack freak. You can just make these changes in the VA profile since they are not keywords.

I also say 'oh' rather than zero and dot rather than decimal.

Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S

On 1/16/2021 at 11:42 AM, hornblower793 said:

The command phrases should just be spoken at a relatively slow pace so no need for pauses. I could not get the speech recognition to recognise tune reliably and ended up changing the phrase to radio freak rather than radio tune. Similarly i changed TACAN tune to tack freak. You can just make these changes in the VA profile since they are not keywords.

I also say 'oh' rather than zero and dot rather than decimal.

Actually TACAN tune is a keyword. (It is in the command phrase list of the Keyword editor.) Radio tune is not. I don't understand why they aren't both keywords since they both invoke the plugin.

@Hornblower, perhaps you could show us exactly what your edited commands look like. I'm not sure how you make VA recognize zero for oh, for example.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. Dell XPS-8500 24GB, i7-3770@3.40GHz, Win 10Pro, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, TiR, CH hotas and pedals

12 hours ago, sthompson said:

Actually TACAN tune is a keyword. (It is in the command phrase list of the Keyword editor.) Radio tune is not. I don't understand why they aren't both keywords since they both invoke the plugin.

@Hornblower, perhaps you could show us exactly what your edited commands look like. I'm not sure how you make VA recognize zero for oh, for example.

Screenshot attached - there are two TACAN Tunes - I was referring to the command phrase one in the list below. In terms of using 'oh' I didn't have to do anything - it may be to do with the speech recognition engine in use (mine is the Microsoft English (United Kingdom) one

Vaicom command phrases.jpg

Yea, there are a number of commands Voice Attack/Vaicom doesn't seem to like.  "TACAN" and "Tune" are two I can never get to come up.  I did the same and changed "tune" to "Freak"

I also gave up on trying to get the game to recognize "Stennis".  I just call the carrier "Dennis" now.  Dennis is a nice name for a carrier anyhow.

Anyone have any tricks to getting the program to recognize problem words besides changing the command?

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

Yea, there are a number of commands Voice Attack/Vaicom doesn't seem to like.  "TACAN" and "Tune" are two I can never get to come up.  I did the same and changed "tune" to "Freak"

I also gave up on trying to get the game to recognize "Stennis".  I just call the carrier "Dennis" now.  Dennis is a nice name for a carrier anyhow.

Anyone have any tricks to getting the program to recognize problem words besides changing the command?
I do like Dennis - may have to give that a try

Hi guys just to add that the supercarriers all have callsign aliases in the default database.

If a particular unit name gives you difficulties you may want to give them a try.

For Stennis, callsign is Courage.

See manual page 75.

Edited by Hollywood_315
  • Like 1

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Have you tried to add it to the Speech Dictionary with recordings?
I have done that for every "name". Some still are a bugger and I need an alias.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Is there really no way to control the co-pilot's and gunner's ROE in VAICOM? Or did I simply miss something?
Hopefully in the future? I believe those commands are considered keybinds for buttons and switches, and not part of the radio menu/radios/Jester. So as far as I know, until Hollywood starts adding buttons/switches etc, it can only be done through manually adding them as VA commands. Which I have done, and it works fine.
I hope I'm wrong and they actually exist though!
Cheers!

vor 7 Minuten schrieb MAXsenna:

Hopefully in the future? I believe those commands are considered keybinds for buttons and switches, and not part of the radio menu/radios/Jester. So as far as I know, until Hollywood starts adding buttons/switches etc, it can only be done through manually adding them as VA commands. Which I have done, and it works fine.
I hope I'm wrong and they actually exist though!
Cheers!

I will try, but I think it is difficult to do as you would have to take into account the current ROE status if you want to have discrete commands like "Left Gunner; Fire at Will".

I will try, but I think it is difficult to do as you would have to take into account the current ROE status if you want to have discrete commands like "Left Gunner; Fire at Will".
That's true! But I just do it very simple. I have a command to bring up the display, and then just cycle commands for the different gunners.
It will be very interesting to see what comes with the Hind/Apache, and what we'll get in VAICOM, and if there's anything there that might be transfered to the Huey/Mi-8.
And let's not forget the Kiowa...

I am getting so incredibly frustrated with the windows speed recognition software and its ability to hear what I am saying, and yes by mic does work, I'm using nVidia RTX background noise suppression and boosted the mic by 20db to get it sounding what I would say more than acceptable.

English is my first language and even when adding in the words to the dictionary and custom recordings it still doesn't pick them up. 😒😒😒

Edited by Jonay
I am getting so incredibly frustrated with the windows speed recognition software and its ability to hear what I am saying, and yes by mic does work, I'm using nVidia RTX background noise suppression and boosted the mic by 20db to get it sounding what I would say more than acceptable.

English is my first language and even when adding in the words to the dictionary and custom recordings it still doesn't pick them up.
I can feel you, and this may sound redundant. But how many times did you do the speech training? I have done both "paths" at least five times. At first I did it once. That did not cut it. And remember, if you change microphone, or change ANY input setting, you just might make all previous training obsolete.
At the VA Discord/forum/manual, they will incourage you, to make a new Microsoft Speech profile whenever you change the input settings, (especially if you change the mic), and repeat the training at least trice.
I'm an ESL dude, and it works fairly well, as long as I tune things, and use certain work arounds.
Cheers!

What kind of mic are you using?

As well as boosting the mic, is it's volume turned up?

Is the problem that speech is not hearing or not recognizing?

20 hours ago, Jonay said:

English is my first language and even when adding in the words to the dictionary and custom recordings it still doesn't pick them up. 😒😒😒

My sense is that the microphone itself is very important. Volume probably is not the issue, and if you turn up the gain too much it can actually create distortion. I find that I can give many VAICOM commands almost at a whisper and they will be recognized if the room is quiet. Other commands (e.g. "tune") I have no luck with at all, even after extensive training.

There was a world of difference for me when I switched from using my webcam microphone to a fairly decent Logitech headset microphone. If you read about best microphones for speech recognition they emphasize you should use a USB microphone, or a setup where the analog to digital conversion is done by a separate box outside the computer. The issue is that the computer enclosure itself is electrically "noisy" and can add a lot of noise to the signal that the software sees but you don't hear, so it's best to do the A-D conversion outside of that environment.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. Dell XPS-8500 24GB, i7-3770@3.40GHz, Win 10Pro, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, TiR, CH hotas and pedals