VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

12 hours ago, sthompson said:

Actually TACAN tune is a keyword. (It is in the command phrase list of the Keyword editor.) Radio tune is not. I don't understand why they aren't both keywords since they both invoke the plugin.

@Hornblower, perhaps you could show us exactly what your edited commands look like. I'm not sure how you make VA recognize zero for oh, for example.

Screenshot attached - there are two TACAN Tunes - I was referring to the command phrase one in the list below. In terms of using 'oh' I didn't have to do anything - it may be to do with the speech recognition engine in use (mine is the Microsoft English (United Kingdom) one

Vaicom command phrases.jpg

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Yea, there are a number of commands Voice Attack/Vaicom doesn't seem to like.  "TACAN" and "Tune" are two I can never get to come up.  I did the same and changed "tune" to "Freak"

I also gave up on trying to get the game to recognize "Stennis".  I just call the carrier "Dennis" now.  Dennis is a nice name for a carrier anyhow.

Anyone have any tricks to getting the program to recognize problem words besides changing the command?

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

Yea, there are a number of commands Voice Attack/Vaicom doesn't seem to like.  "TACAN" and "Tune" are two I can never get to come up.  I did the same and changed "tune" to "Freak"

I also gave up on trying to get the game to recognize "Stennis".  I just call the carrier "Dennis" now.  Dennis is a nice name for a carrier anyhow.

Anyone have any tricks to getting the program to recognize problem words besides changing the command?
I do like Dennis - may have to give that a try

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi guys just to add that the supercarriers all have callsign aliases in the default database.

If a particular unit name gives you difficulties you may want to give them a try.

For Stennis, callsign is Courage.

See manual page 75.

Edited by Hollywood_315
  • Like 1

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Have you tried to add it to the Speech Dictionary with recordings?
I have done that for every "name". Some still are a bugger and I need an alias.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Is there really no way to control the co-pilot's and gunner's ROE in VAICOM? Or did I simply miss something?
Hopefully in the future? I believe those commands are considered keybinds for buttons and switches, and not part of the radio menu/radios/Jester. So as far as I know, until Hollywood starts adding buttons/switches etc, it can only be done through manually adding them as VA commands. Which I have done, and it works fine.
I hope I'm wrong and they actually exist though!
Cheers!

vor 7 Minuten schrieb MAXsenna:

Hopefully in the future? I believe those commands are considered keybinds for buttons and switches, and not part of the radio menu/radios/Jester. So as far as I know, until Hollywood starts adding buttons/switches etc, it can only be done through manually adding them as VA commands. Which I have done, and it works fine.
I hope I'm wrong and they actually exist though!
Cheers!

I will try, but I think it is difficult to do as you would have to take into account the current ROE status if you want to have discrete commands like "Left Gunner; Fire at Will".

I will try, but I think it is difficult to do as you would have to take into account the current ROE status if you want to have discrete commands like "Left Gunner; Fire at Will".
That's true! But I just do it very simple. I have a command to bring up the display, and then just cycle commands for the different gunners.
It will be very interesting to see what comes with the Hind/Apache, and what we'll get in VAICOM, and if there's anything there that might be transfered to the Huey/Mi-8.
And let's not forget the Kiowa...

I am getting so incredibly frustrated with the windows speed recognition software and its ability to hear what I am saying, and yes by mic does work, I'm using nVidia RTX background noise suppression and boosted the mic by 20db to get it sounding what I would say more than acceptable.

English is my first language and even when adding in the words to the dictionary and custom recordings it still doesn't pick them up. 😒😒😒

Edited by Jonay

I am getting so incredibly frustrated with the windows speed recognition software and its ability to hear what I am saying, and yes by mic does work, I'm using nVidia RTX background noise suppression and boosted the mic by 20db to get it sounding what I would say more than acceptable.

English is my first language and even when adding in the words to the dictionary and custom recordings it still doesn't pick them up.
I can feel you, and this may sound redundant. But how many times did you do the speech training? I have done both "paths" at least five times. At first I did it once. That did not cut it. And remember, if you change microphone, or change ANY input setting, you just might make all previous training obsolete.
At the VA Discord/forum/manual, they will incourage you, to make a new Microsoft Speech profile whenever you change the input settings, (especially if you change the mic), and repeat the training at least trice.
I'm an ESL dude, and it works fairly well, as long as I tune things, and use certain work arounds.
Cheers!

What kind of mic are you using?

As well as boosting the mic, is it's volume turned up?

Is the problem that speech is not hearing or not recognizing?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Jonay said:

English is my first language and even when adding in the words to the dictionary and custom recordings it still doesn't pick them up. 😒😒😒

My sense is that the microphone itself is very important. Volume probably is not the issue, and if you turn up the gain too much it can actually create distortion. I find that I can give many VAICOM commands almost at a whisper and they will be recognized if the room is quiet. Other commands (e.g. "tune") I have no luck with at all, even after extensive training.

There was a world of difference for me when I switched from using my webcam microphone to a fairly decent Logitech headset microphone. If you read about best microphones for speech recognition they emphasize you should use a USB microphone, or a setup where the analog to digital conversion is done by a separate box outside the computer. The issue is that the computer enclosure itself is electrically "noisy" and can add a lot of noise to the signal that the software sees but you don't hear, so it's best to do the A-D conversion outside of that environment.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Wow! Spent last 4hrs milling through the last 20pages or so.....

I purchased the Pro Package a couple of days ago and have not been able get VIACOM to work with DCS.

Problem:

Module name not displayed in PTT (Config Interface) when DCS running

DCS not responding to commands

I have done the below a few times with no success:

1. Deleted Export.Lua & VAICOMPRO.export.lua from C:\Users\mace\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO
  2. Forced path to DCS Directory

[TABLE] Symptom | Module name not shown on PTT page

Symptom | Not functioning after DCS update

Cause | Faulty lua install due to incorrect or missing DCS path in Windows registry

Remedy | Set DCS program files path with Custom Path option (Config tab)

Remedy | Fix DCS install path in Windows registry (use fix reg option on Options tab)

Cause | Windows account has insuffficient access right

Remedy | Check Windows UAC / antivirus allows R/W acccess to program files folders

[/TABLE]

3. Removed folder from AV Apps and reinstalled
  4. Compared keyword list - OK
  5. Run in Debug mode (file attached)
  6.  Running VA as Admin

Observations:

VA accepts voice commands

Chatter starts and stops on command

Do i need to have the 'stable' version of DCS world ?....I only have the Open Beta version installed

Please help!

image.png

VAICOMPRO log.txt

Edited by Mace246

@Mace246, no you do not need the stable version. To be clear, did you do all of the above (1) after repairing DCS and (2) before restarting DCS? If not, I suggest you try that. Also, the log file says it did not update your export.lua file. Try backing that file up, then deleting the original, then restarting VA, then restarting DCS.

If you have further follow up you might switch to a different thread in the VAICOM forum. This one is impossibly long and covers too many disparate topics to be an efficient source of information.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

10 hours ago, sthompson said:

@Mace246, no you do not need the stable version. To be clear, did you do all of the above (1) after repairing DCS and (2) before restarting DCS? If not, I suggest you try that. Also, the log file says it did not update your export.lua file. Try backing that file up, then deleting the original, then restarting VA, then restarting DCS.

If you have further follow up you might switch to a different thread in the VAICOM forum. This one is impossibly long and covers too many disparate topics to be an efficient source of information.

@sthompsonThanks for yr response and advice. I did find the issue,

I am using Skatezilla's DCS Updater Utility to launch DCS and found that I was pointing the launcher to the wrong Saved Game folder.

ie. C:\Users\mace\Saved Games\DCS

It should have been C:\Users\mace\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

The launcher Saved Game path actually is blank when pointing to the correct folder...that led me to believe that the path was not correct. See below.

image.png

Guys, what’s the best way to setup Viacom Pro in a MP environment (with SRS) so that the other players on the same radio frequency don’t hear the automatic DCS radio replies responding to my calls?  For example I will have human ATC and pilots on a radio and if I make the marking moms call my voice got drowned out over the radio by the DCS carrier ATC response.  

I see the difference between parallel and dynamic broadcasting but it seems to  me that with dynamic broadcasting you always broadcast to DCS first and then "switch" to your human partners...or am I wrong?

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

11 hours ago, jasonstory44 said:

Guys, what’s the best way to setup Viacom Pro in a MP environment (with SRS) so that the other players on the same radio frequency don’t hear the automatic DCS radio replies responding to my calls?  For example I will have human ATC and pilots on a radio and if I make the marking moms call my voice got drowned out over the radio by the DCS carrier ATC response.  

I see the difference between parallel and dynamic broadcasting but it seems to  me that with dynamic broadcasting you always broadcast to DCS first and then "switch" to your human partners...or am I wrong?

Your first question confuses me. Why are you making a marking moms call on VAICOM if you have human ATC? As far as I know, having other players on the same frequency hear the AI replies to your communications is a DCS feature not related to VAICOM. Furthermore, it's realistic since in RL everyone on the same frequency hears the AI broadcasts regardless of who initiated the communication. 

Perhaps you meant to ask how to arrange for human players on SRS to not hear your VAICOM commands. That's what your second question is about. On that question, you are correct about how it works, and personally I find the approach using "switch" to be very awkward. So I leave SRS integration turned off in VAICOM. Instead I use a method that requires 4 buttons for three radios. (Or five buttons if you also want TX5 for intercom.) I bind TX1-TX3 in VAICOM per usual. I then bind the same buttons to SRS radios 1-3 but leave the SRS option where a radio selection acts as PTT turned off in SRS. I bind the fourth button as PTT in SRS. Thus if I push any one of the first 3 buttons I can give a command to VAICOM on one of the radios, and simultaneously select the same radio in SRS. But nothing gets broadcast on SRS until I push the fourth (PTT) button. If you are switching radios frequently in SRS it might not be very convenient, and it's not realistic for modules that have multiple PTT buttons for each of their radios. But this has been working well for me.

BTW, I do this and all other comms functions using one hat switch on the throttle and a shift button. My bindings: Forward, down, and aft are for SRS radios 1-3 and VAICOM TX1-TX3. Up is for VAICOM TX5 (which let's me talk to Jester or ground crew) and also selects SRS Intercom (which I've never used). Shift-Forward is for VAICOM TX6. Shift-UP is SRS PTT. Shift-Down, is SRS overlay toggle. Shift-Aft toggles the DCS communications menu in case I'm having problems with VAICOM or can't remember the command.

I guess just to clarify.  There will be a time this weekend where I will have human ATC. And while practicing for the mission I discovered everyone could hear the automated response. I know it’s more of a DCS issue than Viacom. Guess I was asking if there is a way to turn off the automated response for when I do fly with human ATC

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Another example...where I fly in VR I need to use Viacom to communicate with the tanker for precontact and such...otherwise I struggle.  I’d like to keep that aspect of things.  While allowing the human ATC to be the only comms at the airfield, awacs and the boat which I will be using this weekend. 

I don’t want to completely get rid of Viacom ATC entirely because I sometimes fly and practice in single player and find the Viacom ATC invaluable in those situations. 

Maybe if I just turn off realistic ATC in Viacom when I fly in MP?  Would that work?

or would the hold AI transmission setting be helpful?

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Additional question. Is there a way to temporarily disable realistic aircraft carrier comms (like the air rio check box)?  I can’t seem to uncheck it. Or once you purchase it it’s always on?

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

I cannot uncheck this either and so am just checking with @Hollywood_315to see if this should be possible

Edited by hornblower793

Great product.  Just purchased and installed the kneeboard add on.  The "kneeboard" keyword works but the others i.e. "Anvil", "Crystal Palace", "Tower" do not.  They are recognized but the kneeboard does not change.  Any help is appreciated.  

Thanks.

Nevermind.... Auto Browse option fixed the problem.

Edited by plobue