VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Sorry, I should have explained better. There is a Vaicom alternate wheel available (see page 43 of the manual), but there are technical reasons why the Heatblur one cannot be displayed. I don't have the deep knowledge to know what these are

what command did you use and on which radio? In some of the instant action missions one radio will be tuned to the carrier (and possibly all support ships) and the other to a ground base. When checking in, don't use inbound - use Marking Moms or Inbound for carrier

I will check the manual, thanks.

I was using easy comms, so I didn't set the radio myself, I let the game do it. TBH, I didn't t think to look through the manual for a list of commands, and that might have been my problem, I think I might have said something like "Mother, Colt 1-1, inbound," I'll try "Marking Mom's."

No addons that I'm aware of, only installed Voice Attack, then Vaicom Pro.

OK - if you go to the Editor tab in Vaicom config and then push the test button does the log say that the lists match or does the FINISH button light up?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Ok since search seems to work like crap now I will just post here. Sorry if covered already.

Fully licensed and usinf airio, often fly with a human RIO. When using hotmic i am getting random commands coming through, I cannot turn off ics hot mic and oddly it is not even enabled, nor selectabale....

settings screen shot below....

Thanks in advance

airio.PNG.42b1fe81ac6cda426d2b5532b5784121.PNG

airio.PNG.e08728e774af39d80fc059d6cf51fe37.PNG

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

I will check the manual, thanks.

I was using easy comms, so I didn't set the radio myself, I let the game do it. TBH, I didn't t think to look through the manual for a list of commands, and that might have been my problem, I think I might have said something like "Mother, Colt 1-1, inbound," I'll try "Marking Mom's."

ok, I went through the manual, and tried again. I am still not getting anything in game.

Oddly enough the VA log shows it recognizing at least some of my commands, but I get no feedback in the game. It doesn't start responding to me until I give up on VA and start using the ingame radio menu.

VAlog11620.thumb.jpg.81199293a84a391689569a66beebaa01.jpg

Ok since search seems to work like crap now I will just post here. Sorry if covered already.

Fully licensed and usinf airio, often fly with a human RIO. When using hotmic i am getting random commands coming through, I cannot turn off ics hot mic and oddly it is not even enabled, nor selectabale....

settings screen shot below....

Thanks in advance

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":7141654}[/ATTACH]

It is now controlled from the switch in cockpit (you may need to toggle a PTT to get it to sync at the start of a mission).

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi there.

I updated DCS yesterday and have had a VIACOM issue since. Basically as soon as I start a mission the COMMS menu appears / disappears /reappears constantly. Also the VIACOM Config program does not show the Aircraft.

I noted this has been raised previously in the thread and have tried the following fixes.

• Deleted Export.LUA from my "Saved Games\DCS Open Beta\Scripts folder" and restarted VA/DCS
  • Entered and SET a custom path / Fix Reg option on the VIACOM Config tool (as per Hollywood Vid).

Neither have worked.

Any ideas?

Voiceattack keeps launching after closing. It makes my VR DCS version useless.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Voiceattack keeps launching after closing. It makes my VR DCS version useless.
Have you used the Vaicompro app to launch it? If so, you need to close the app before closing VA.

If your problem is the other way round (closing after launching) are there any hints in the log files and which versions of VA / Vaicom are you using?

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk

Hi there.

I updated DCS yesterday and have had a VIACOM issue since. Basically as soon as I start a mission the COMMS menu appears / disappears /reappears constantly. Also the VIACOM Config program does not show the Aircraft.

I noted this has been raised previously in the thread and have tried the following fixes.

• Deleted Export.LUA from my "Saved Games\DCS Open Beta\Scripts folder" and restarted VA/DCS
  • Entered and SET a custom path / Fix Reg option on the VIACOM Config tool (as per Hollywood Vid).

Neither have worked.

Any ideas?

Have you also tried a repair of DCS with the apps closed?

Please could you turn on debug in the Vaicom config, close VA, re-open and post the Vaicom log here (either screenshot or the log file) so that we can see if there are any clues

Hi

I had previously run a dcs repair (modified files) but reran a full repair. No change.

I ran in Debug and Checked the Log file under VA/Apps\Vaicom\Logs and looking through there seems to be an error connecting to the DCS Radio system. I can post the full Log but these entries seem to be pertinenent.

Access to the path 'F:\DCS World\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel\RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua' is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)

at VAICOM.FileManager.FileHandler.Lua.LuaFiles_Install(Boolean restore, Boolean forcequiet)

DCS World installation found: version 2.5 OpenBeta

Using Registry entry for 2.5 OpenBeta

Install path = F:\DCS World OpenBeta

Saved Games folder = C:\Backup\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

Unchanged: Export.lua

Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua

Auto-install could not complete for DCS version 2.5 OpenBeta

Access to the path 'F:\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel\RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua' is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)

at VAICOM.FileManager.FileHandler.Lua.LuaFiles_Install(Boolean restore, Boolean forcequiet)

Glad to know it is fixed - for other users experiencing similar running as admin is recommended (or setting elevated privileges on the folders you need)

Have you used the Vaicompro app to launch it? If so, you need to close the app before closing VA.

If your problem is the other way round (closing after launching) are there any hints in the log files and which versions of VA / Vaicom are you using?

Let me find it out and will be back in a while

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Is this the right place to ask questions?

If I tell the wingman "engage infantry with guns" Vaicom recognizes the entire sentence accurately virtually all the time.

But, inthe DCS A10C the wingman only sees "engage infantry", at which point the wingman wastes the most precious weapon he has instead of using the weapon I chose.

Same thing happens if I say "with" any other weapon. The wingman hears the "engage" part but not the weapon.

Very weird because as I said, the VC application does recognize the entire sentence. But DCS only hears the first part.

Thanks.

Michael

Is this the right place to ask questions?

If I tell the wingman "engage infantry with guns" Vaicom recognizes the entire sentence accurately virtually all the time.

But, inthe DCS A10C the wingman only sees "engage infantry", at which point the wingman wastes the most precious weapon he has instead of using the weapon I chose.

Same thing happens if I say "with" any other weapon. The wingman hears the "engage" part but not the weapon.

Very weird because as I said, the VC application does recognize the entire sentence. But DCS only hears the first part.

Thanks.

Michael

Have you set the Extended Command Set option in Vaicom config's Preferences page?

OK - if you go to the Editor tab in Vaicom config and then push the test button does the log say that the lists match or does the FINISH button light up?

Sorry its been a couple of days since I last responded, had minor surgery.

Getting back to the first question, I do have the chatter, AIRIO, Realistic ATC.

For the above, yes, the log does say its a match, no action required.

Brothers: sit rep...good purchase?

I wouldn't fly without it, and the new interactive kneeboard extension is heaven in VR:thumbup:

• Like 1

Brothers: sit rep...good purchase?

From a sister, yes best software purchase for the hobby. Always updated, and it works. May have some kinks, but you can see from several pages that it a hot topic that doesn't go unanswered.

• Like 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Sorry everybody, maybe there is an answer burried somewhere in thread, but can i have Jester wheel on screen but still use VAICOM RIO Extension at the same time?

You can have the Vaicom version but not the Heatblur original. Get this up by saying 'Jester....options' and then Take 1, Take 2 etc