VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Thx, it works now. I probably had problems understanding the Finish Steps

There was a time Vaicom used to highlight the Finish Steps to alert one they need to do this function.

I have not seen it do that in months now though.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

There was a time Vaicom used to highlight the Finish Steps to alert one they need to do this function.

I have not seen it do that in months now though.

You mean the pop up box with the procedures? It doesn't come up anymore? Damn, I haven't noticed. No wonder people can get confused.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Well it popped up for me yesterday, when I had clicked the yellow-highlighted FINISH button, so unless something has changed since then, I don't know what is going on,

I am saying I have not seen the FINISH button highlighted in no telling how long now.

So I usually just go in and do the process every now and then to be safe.

I get no prompt any longer that I need to do this procedure.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just tested. For me. Finish button was highlighted in orange. Even though I haven't made any changes. And when clicked, the finish procedure popped up.

In other words. Status Quo is like it's always been for me.

Edited by MAXsenna

Just did the latest update and now only 50 commands show up on the bottom of the edit profile list. Went back and downloaded the full profiles, copied and pasted and still only 50 commands show and the F14 addon does not seem to be working. Oh well, another good Friday update.

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Just did the latest update and now only 50 commands show up on the bottom of the edit profile list. Went back and downloaded the full profiles, copied and pasted and still only 50 commands show and the F14 addon does not seem to be working. Oh well, another good Friday update.

Have you got the latest version of the AIRIO extension installed?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Yes. reinstalled both dll files.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Just tested. For me. Finish button was highlighted in orange. Even though I haven't made any changes. And when clicked, the finish procedure popped up.

In other words. Status Quo is like it's always been for me.

Odd, no idea why it never comes up for me anymore.

Guess I will just manually go through the Finish steps after each update to be safe.

Don B

Odd, no idea why it never comes up for me anymore.

Guess I will just manually go through the Finish steps after each update to be safe.

Yeah. I would totally do that too. But there is really no need to do it unless you have made a change or a VAICOM update adds something.

Weird. While the edit profile page shows only 50 commands, the Editor page shows 1059 commands.

Weird. While the edit profile page shows only 50 commands, the Editor page shows 1059 commands.
I'm confused. You mean it says only 50 when you edit the VAICOM profile in Voice Attack?

If yes. Well then it makes sense, you need to click finish in the editor in the VAICOM control panel, and follow the instructions. Which are: Edit profile in VA, open the keywords, ctrl-a to select all, delete, then ctrl-v to paste. Then save. Apologies if you've already done this.

I did all of that. I have been updating VP for several years so that was not the issue. Rather, I exported the profile, then imported the profile as -1 and then activated the Jester again and now I am back up to 1081 commands from the 50 that showed before. the 50 appeared at the bottom of the edit a profile page in VA. Now it shows 1081.

I did all of that. I have been updating VP for several years so that was not the issue. Rather, I exported the profile, then imported the profile as -1 and then activated the Jester again and now I am back up to 1081 commands from the 50 that showed before. the 50 appeared at the bottom of the edit a profile page in VA. Now it shows 1081.
I don't know if it is the same with you but i discovered for myself that the difference come when i switch VSPX on / off .

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Like I said. Was confused, but as long you have it working!

Anyone getting this error message when starting up ViaPro?

unable to access command. command not available (chatter)

I have latest versions of everything.

Yes, I'm getting this. Did you find out what the problem is?

having issues pop up in DCS log file -

2020-07-02 23:27:53.713 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportAfterNextFrame:[string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:164: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
   [C]: ?
   [C]: in function 'find'
   [string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:164: in function 'Flush'
   [string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:87: in function 'AfterNextFrame'
   [string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:237: in function 'LuaExportAfterNextFrame'
   [string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua"]:62: in function 'SimLuaExportAfterNextFrame'
   [string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/SimShaker.lua"]:517: in function 'PrevLuaExportAfterNextFrame'
   [string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:65: in function 'LuaExportAfterNextFrame'
   [string "C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua\BIOS.lua"]:90: in function <[string "C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua\BIOS.lua"]:83>.

I went ahead and removed everything but viacom pro from my export lua file and I still get this:

2020-07-02 23:38:48.160 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportAfterNextFrame:[string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:164: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
   [string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:164: in function 'Flush'
   [string "C:\Users\user1b\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:87: in function 'AfterNextFrame'
   [string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:237: in function <[string "C:\Users\Rob\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:236>.

I've renamed my viacompro.export.lua file to old to get a new one generated and ended up with the same error. Anyone know how this can be resolved?

Edited by Nagilem

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

having issues pop up in DCS log file -

2020-07-02 23:27:53.713 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportAfterNextFrame:[string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:164: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
   [string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:87: in function 'AfterNextFrame'
   [string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:237: in function 'LuaExportAfterNextFrame'
   [string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua"]:62: in function 'SimLuaExportAfterNextFrame'
   [string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/SimShaker.lua"]:517: in function 'PrevLuaExportAfterNextFrame'
   [string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:65: in function 'LuaExportAfterNextFrame'
   [string "C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua\BIOS.lua"]:90: in function <[string "C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua\BIOS.lua"]:83>.

I went ahead and removed everything but viacom pro from my export lua file and I still get this:

2020-07-02 23:38:48.160 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportAfterNextFrame:[string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:164: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
   [string "C:\Users\user1b\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:87: in function 'AfterNextFrame'
   [string "C:\Users\user1\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:237: in function <[string "C:\Users\Rob\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:236>.

I've renamed my viacompro.export.lua file to old to get a new one generated and ended up with the same error. Anyone know how this can be resolved?

We do have a subforum now why don't we use it?

Anyways... What problems are you experiencing with VCP apart from the errors in the log file?

Sorry Max - you're right. Probably should have put it over there. Apologies. I can resubmit over there if that would be easier.

Nothing seems to be broken, but this just keeps coming up in the log a couple of times every 10 seconds. As I said, I've removed everything from the export.lua file except viacom and am still getting the issue, so I know this isn't a conflict with my other export hooks. I also went the other way and removed the viacom hook line with everything else left as is and the error disappears. I have also renamed the viacompro.export.lua file to get a fresh version in the scripts folder, and that had no effect.So I dont think the hook file is corrupt, unless my whole installation is corrupt.

I canl try a reinstall as my last resort. Would rather not do that if this is a known issue.

Edited by Nagilem

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

I'm guessing a bit, but do you have the 'Use custom DCS path' set, on the Config tab?

If you do, have you selected the path in the field to the right of that checkbox?

The error/warning messages appear to be expecting a string and getting an empty/null value.

Hi Greyman,

Thanks for the idea. I don't have anything set on the config tab of Viacom pro for custom DCS path. The path is the standard path - C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta. None of the options for that are checked.

Sorry Max - you're right. Probably should have put it over there. Apologies. I can resubmit over there if that would be easier.

Nothing seems to be broken, but this just keeps coming up in the log a couple of times every 10 seconds. As I said, I've removed everything from the export.lua file except viacom and am still getting the issue, so I know this isn't a conflict with my other export hooks. I also went the other way and removed the viacom hook line with everything else left as is and the error disappears. I have also renamed the viacompro.export.lua file to get a fresh version in the scripts folder, and that had no effect.So I dont think the hook file is corrupt, unless my whole installation is corrupt.

I canl try a reinstall as my last resort. Would rather not do that if this is a known issue.

No worries!

I think Greyman is on the right track.