VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Couple of suggestions for everyone experiencing recognition issues.

1. Leave a 1 second pause between different parts of commands, i.e. "Texaco (pause), Request Rejoin" or "Two (pause), Radar on".

2. Release the PTT button half a second after you finish speaking.

3. If you have a word that VA doesn't recognize, open the VAICOM utility with LCtrl+LAlt+C, go to the Editor and add a new word to that command, that is recognizable. Add "Total" alongside of "Arco" and VA will work as if you have said Arco every time you say Total.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Yeah I have the same headset I was using before when it was picking everything up clearly, It's not "great" but like i said it was the same one i was using when I had it working. Corsair Void.

One thing that I found was causing a problem was using microphone boost. It thought that there was an "F" in everything I said. I turned the boost down to zero and that fixed it down to the point of just normal problems.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

Couple of suggestions for everyone experiencing recognition issues.

1. Leave a 1 second pause between different parts of commands, i.e. "Texaco (pause), Request Rejoin" or "Two (pause), Radar on".

2. Release the PTT button half a second after you finish speaking.

3. If you have a word that VA doesn't recognize, open the VAICOM utility with LCtrl+LAlt+C, go to the Editor and add a new word to that command, that is recognizable. Add "Total" alongside of "Arco" and VA will work as if you have said Arco every time you say Total.

Thanks. I've added both "Total" and "Unco" to the list. I'll give that a try. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

Hey guys, sorry if this is not an appropriate place to ask this question - if that's the case I'd really appreciate if you could direct me to right place.

So I have a Voiceattack with VIACOM plugin and when Voiceattack is running it keeps popping on and off the Comms menu, every 5 seconds approximately.

I tried multiple things to deal with it, like deleting the keybind for Comms '\', deleting and having VA recreating lua file in Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua

It does this presumably for all the planes (tried F18, F14).

I have discovered older thread dealing with somewhat similar issue here but no solution proposed in there works for me.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, sorry if this is not an appropriate place to ask this question - if that's the case I'd really appreciate if you could direct me to right place.

So I have a Voiceattack with VIACOM plugin and when Voiceattack is running it keeps popping on and off the Comms menu, every 5 seconds approximately.

I tried multiple things to deal with it, like deleting the keybind for Comms '\', deleting and having VA recreating lua file in Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua

It does this presumably for all the planes (tried F18, F14).

I have discovered older thread dealing with somewhat similar issue here but no solution proposed in there works for me.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Run Voiceattack in Administrator mode. This happened to me last night.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Chatter question

@GazAce Good to hear you enjoy the product mate.

I like the idea of the external view thing, making a note here to see if something can be done with it.

Thanks Hollywood, appreciate the reply mate and you think any new chatter themes or additions to existing could be on the horizon?

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Hey Hollywood, didn't get a response to something I posted a while back so I figured I'd resurface it.

Hey Hollywood,

The manual tuning stuff works great, although I have one issue that seems to be coming up and I'm having a dog of a time resolving it. Any frequency that starts with a '2' is tripping up the voice recognition, and I'm not sure how best to handle this.

ie. "Radio tune two two five decimal zero" will get interpreted by VA as somthing like "10:52:13 AM - Unrecognized : 'radio 2225 decibels are'"

whereas "Radio tune three two five decimal zero" will (usually) get correctly identified as "10:55:48 AM - Recognized : 'radio tune 3 2 5 decimal 0' (Confidence 81)"

Normally I'd just remap the command phrase to something else to avoid the "tune/two" mixup, but that doesn't seem to be possible with these extra phrases. Any suggestions?

Also, would it be possible to add "Radio tune channel #" or something similar, ie. to tell Jester to tune to a specific channel in addition to selecting by frequency? This would be helpful to have when dealing with SRS in a complicated radio environment (ie. if you have a common channel and an ATC channel already programmed in the radios for the aircraft, it would somewhat simplify keeping track of who is tuned to what).

E: Also just remembered an issue I encountered, when trying to contact a tanker, regardless of what callsign you actually specify, the message seems to go to the nearest tanker to your position (if the tankers are on a common frequency at least). Not something that comes up particularly often, but it does seem like undesired behaviour.

I can't even imagine using Jester without AIRIO at this point, and DCS without VAICOM would be a huge step backwards for me. Real good stuff!

Dear Hollywood_315,

I have purchased VAICOM Pro and 2 addons a few weeks ago (full package). I am not after support but a pointer to previous version(s).

Would you be kind enough to point me to an active set of links to download VAICOM 2 as the following link:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151296

with links to add on modules does not work.

"

---- DOWNLOAD VAICOM 2.0 HERE: ----

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/1523496/

Please read carefully the included User Guide for installation und usage instructions

(PDF also attached to this post for reference).

NOTE: Use of Autohotkey (or TARGET) is no longer required with latest VA versions.

Refer to the note attached to this post on how to set up PTT directly with your HOTAS.

NOTE: The Static ATC mod requires a fix for DCS 1.5 and 2.0 versions, get it here

sthompson fix for Static ATC

---- AVAILABLE ADD-ON MODULES: ----

*) MIG-15bis download here

*) MI8-MTV2 download here

*) M-2000C download here

*) F-86F download here

*) KA-50 download here

*) UH-1H download here

*) MIG-21bis download here

*) SU-27 download here

*) A-10A download here

*) SU-25/SU-25T download here

*) P-51D/TF-51D download here

*) F-15C download here (note: updated version)

*) A-10C download here (note: updated version)"

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

I can't even imagine using Jester without AIRIO at this point, and DCS without VAICOM would be a huge step backwards for me. Real good stuff!

@Ghost Dad Recon Hey thanks mate, that's good to hear. Suggest to add specific keywords like tune, decimal and zero to your Windows speech dictionary.

You can also edit the command and change 'radio tune' into something else if you want.

Will there be an update to AIRIO to use the new radar elevation menu to search a specific range/distance for targets?

@Akrescue130 Yes once the feature has propagated to DCS release version.

Would you be kind enough to point me to an active set of links to download VAICOM 2

@Mimes I'm afraid the old 2.0 version is no longer available, it's just the 2.5 plugin from now on.

If you fly older DCS versions you should be able to manage fine using the plugins Custom Path option.

Feel free to PM if you need help with that.

any new chatter themes or additions to existing could be on the horizon?

@GazAce No short-term plans but may be updated somewhat further down the road.

Do you have an update planned when they launch the F-16?

@Colmillo Certainly :D But in fact with the Auto Import Module option you should be able to use the Viper straight away i.e. without update.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

CALLING VAICOM PRO EXPERTS!

I'm willing to donate a new aircraft, campaign or map to anybody who can spend some time with me on VOIP to get this all working smoothly.

Fingers crossed somebody wants a new module for DCS and can take the time to help me. Thanks in advance for anybody who can expertly guide me through configuring VAICOM and DCS so I can sink my teeth into learning the F14 and reliving my Top Gun glory days!

Somebody PM this guy! :thumbup:

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

The good people at Grim Reapers channel did a vid the other day on VoiceAttack with DCS, check it out here:

Grtz

I think that for this thread, the video is likely to be 'preaching to e converted', but although I love the use of voice for radio comms, with ATC, JTAC, RIO, ground crew and other AI, especially in VR, I'm not overly keen on using it for selecting controls, as for me, it destroys the realism.

I don't mind using it in Elite Dangerous, as you are effectively telling a computer to carry out the commands, but as none of the aircraft in DCS comes with such a feature, I'd rather press the button(s) or flick the switch(es) myself

Edited by Greyman

I hate to ask what should be a basic question...but i've read and re-read the manual (The preferences and the Key Word Editor pages) and scoured the many posts on this thread...

BUT I'm still non the wiser about how I can use Viacom Pro to access the F10 menu...and how to "import" the F10 menu commands that sit within each mission...

(Even if in my chosen example the only F10 command is F1 = Copy

Could anyone explain...or even link me to a single post in this thread which does :)

Much appreciated!

Airbag_signatur.png

@jason

Some missions make use of the ‘Other’(F10) menu for special commands. If in Preferences the option ‘Import F10 Menus’ is enabled the F10 menu items will be added to the keyword database.

The imported keywords cannot be used immediately, the updated keywords list must first be added to the VA profile.

A manual action is required:

Click "FINISH", in the Editor

(The New list of commands, including the new F10 Commands, have been copied to clipboard)

Edit the VoiceAttack Profile (pencil icon)

Select Edit Keyword Collections (listed in the Profile)

When I Say, Click In the Box

· CTRL-A (Select All)

· Delete

· Then CTRL -V (Paste the New list of Commands in this box)

Box will look empty (ignore this BUG)

· OK, Done

Hope this helps:thumbup:

Edited by Dispatch

~

Dispatch

Would it be posible to get some screen shots of your directions?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .