VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

31 minutes ago, subseauk said:

Yep, also suffering from the "Listening Suspended" issue after reinstalling a fresh DCS Open Beta and updating Voice Attack as suggested by VA!!!!    Arghhhh!!!!!!

What is the solution guys?

We don't know at the moment - I haven't had any issues and I don't fly MP so have set-up for SP only, but @Folgers is also fine and runs SRS for MP. @MAXsenna is having issues so we are trying to work out possible differences.

Could you post screenshots of your Vaicom config. It might be something ln the LUA files or DCS itself because everyone seems to be saying that it works fine if DCS isn't running, and also on the DCS main menu - it is only when you get into the cockpit that it goes wrong.

What DCS modules do you own and have installed?

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

hi

VA is keep asking me to update VAICOM every time it restart.

i update it 3 times and still have the same issue.

Edit

fixed, i made a backup for dll file inside VA directory and deleting this file fix the issue, thanks

image.png

Edited by mnf1980
  • Like 2

Hi folks, just looking for some help. I have VAICOM working for most scenarios. The one that I can't get working is JTAC. I set the right frequency both manually and through "JTAC ... Select" so I know I am on the right frequency. But it just won't respond to "Playtime 30 minutes". VA even shows that the command was successful "6:53:00.297 TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210: [ JTAC ] ,  [ Check In 30 minutes ]   " But it just won't do the initial check-in. If I use the menu to check in, then after that VAICOM commands work as expected. Any thoughts? Thanks

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 10:59 AM, subseauk said:

Yep, also suffering from the "Listening Suspended" issue after reinstalling a fresh DCS Open Beta and updating Voice Attack as suggested by VA!!!!    Arghhhh!!!!!!

What is the solution guys?

hey so I am also having this issue we’re triggering either one of my radios listening starts then is suspended back to back? How do we fix this??

43 minutes ago, CypherBlue said:

hey so I am also having this issue we’re triggering either one of my radios listening starts then is suspended back to back? How do we fix this??

If you could provide me with the files in the linked post I will check my files to see if I can find what is causing this

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

This is definitely a new issue since the last VA/VP updates. I spent the last two hours trying to troubleshoot what it could be. It seems to be connected with having more than one profile installed. Whether you daisy chain or just switch profiles, it causes the Listening Resumed/Listening Suspended to become reversed. This happens on both joystick and keyboard bindings.

This also happens with dcs not running.

Capture.PNG

Edited by HungryCoyote

This is definitely a new issue since the last VA/VP updates. I spent the last two hours trying to troubleshoot what it could be. It seems to be connected with having more than one profile installed. Whether you daisy chain or just switch profiles, it causes the Listening Resumed/Listening Suspended to become reversed. This happens on both joystick and keyboard bindings.

This also happens with dcs not running.
Capture.thumb.PNG.e3f26fcc9f4b97e9bbba864cfd290bf2.PNG
Which profile(s) do you have daisy-chained and I will see if I can replicate.

I have my own profile daisy-chained and have not had any issues with that. The message looks like one of the commands has the option to allow other commands to take place while it is processing turned off

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I tried it daisy-chained to Baileys f18 and again with my own custom profile. Same thing.  I also would sometimes see it recognize the command Wilco. Hook up sounds nothing like that.

I always have the option to allow other commands to take place while it is processing turned off. was never an issue.

Edited by HungryCoyote

I tried it daisy-chained to Baileys f18 and again with my own custom profile. Same thing.  I also would sometimes see it recognize the command Wilco. Hook up sounds nothing like that.
I always have the option to allow other commands to take place while it is processing turned off. was never an issue.

I will have a look at Baileys profile later and see what I can find - is Vaicom the top profile or the daisy-chained one?

Top. Even when daisy-chaining was turned off, switching profiles to use a commands not in VP would also cause the issue.
Sounds more like a VA issue to me - I had a few funnies from the last VA update

Anyone know how to command Jester to lock a specific target? I've said "track single target 3" for example, and i always get some mention about a JATAC not being available.

Modules: F-14A/B | F-15C | F-16C | F/A-18C | SU-33 | Spitfire Mk IX | AH-64D | UH-1 | Super Carrier | Combined Arms | Persian Gulf | Syria | NTTR

Setup: VKB Gunfighter Mk.III F-14 CE HOTAS | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | MFG Crosswind V3 | Custom switch panel | Tek Creations F14 Display Panel | Custom F14 Left Vertical Console | Custom IR Tracker | Custom butt kicker

PC: i7 11700K | 64GB G-Skill DDR4 3600MHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | DCS dedicated 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD | 3440x1440 144hz 34" ultrawide

Hi all

Is Vaicom no longer developed?  I have a pro licence but haven't used it for a while.  Figured I'd download the latest version, but I'm getting a 404 on the website.  Have they closed down ?

8 minutes ago, epoch said:

Hi all

Is Vaicom no longer developed?  I have a pro licence but haven't used it for a while.  Figured I'd download the latest version, but I'm getting a 404 on the website.  Have they closed down ?

Yes it is still supported.

No problem downloading on my end:
https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi all

What link? vaicom.com or vaicompro.com?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

What link? vaicom.com or vaicompro.com?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

vaicompro.com

22 minutes ago, dburne said:

Yes it is still supported.

No problem downloading on my end:
https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

Yup, thanks for checking.  I just tried on my mobile connection and it's there.  I'll switch my PC's DNS provider to see if that sorts it.

• Like 2

VoiceAttack is now 64 bit with release of 1.8.8 version.

The new version should be installed in C:\Program Files\VoiceAttack and \Apps for Vaicom.

Guidance on moving Vaicom to new location?
You should just be able to copy the vaicom folder from apps in the old location.

I went the other way and did an in-place upgrade of VA 32-bit to 64-bit

Hi guys, I have a question.

when flying the Hind the module is recognised but in the control menu I can only select the Tel/auto option and not the correct radio’s. Further more I can only enter the rearm menu and options menu at mission starts. As soon as I take off I can not contact them any more even after landing.

Operator error?

Hi guys, I have a question.

when flying the Hind the module is recognised but in the control menu I can only select the Tel/auto option and not the correct radio’s. Further more I can only enter the rearm menu and options menu at mission starts. As soon as I take off I can not contact them any more even after landing.

Operator error?
You might need Easy Comms on for it to work at the moment

Vaicom Trigger -- switch profile

I know that can get the aircraft from:  TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name

And this is logged at the beginning of a mission:

Nearest ATC: Kutaisi.
Player Rebel entered module Spitfire LFMkIX, unit callsign Enfield11
DCS mission | Spitfire Dogfight Fw 190 A-8 No. 2
------------------------------------------

My question:   What or how can I use Vaicom to trigger a profile change to the correct aircraft?

VR with Oculus Rift preferred flying method.