VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Anyone have any recommendations on how to reset VA/VCP and DCS?  Upon starting up VA for some reason this week (after the recent DCS update) I see all sorts of messages that were never there before (see screenshot) so me thinks something got corrupted somewhere with this new update this week.  The end result of which none of the ATC commands are working with the Supercarrier (I get message "Selected Unit is not a Supercarrier")

Will a complete uninstall & reinstall of VA clean this up?  (noting I have to backup and reapply the C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack\VoiceAttack.dat file).

One of the ancillary issues is that VA still thinks I have a Stable install of DCS on my system, when in fact I don't anymore.  I'd like to clean this up and sort out the issue.

Any recommendations?

Untitled1.jpg

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

2 hours ago, Tshark said:

Same here....no radio replies from ATC, AWACS, or air tanker shown on kneeboard.  This started with 2.7 update.

I too have not had much luck using that kneeboard extension.

I am pretty much not using it for now.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I'm having problems with the kneeboard in the f18.  PTT works and the sim responds to commands, but when I bring up the kneeboard all the the vaicompro tabs on the page are empty.  All other pages display fine.  I reran the vaicompro setup and selected repair, which didnt help.  I'm using the latest release version not 2.7, although  I do have 2.7 installed.  Anyone else see/solve this?

5 hours ago, Twwhitey said:

Anyone have any recommendations on how to reset VA/VCP and DCS?  Upon starting up VA for some reason this week (after the recent DCS update) I see all sorts of messages that were never there before (see screenshot) so me thinks something got corrupted somewhere with this new update this week.  The end result of which none of the ATC commands are working with the Supercarrier (I get message "Selected Unit is not a Supercarrier")

Will a complete uninstall & reinstall of VA clean this up?  (noting I have to backup and reapply the C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack\VoiceAttack.dat file).

One of the ancillary issues is that VA still thinks I have a Stable install of DCS on my system, when in fact I don't anymore.  I'd like to clean this up and sort out the issue.

Any recommendations?

Ok update - a clean out of the C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO folder cleared up the mess of all the never seen before "building" & "reset" messages noted above upon starting VA. Those folders get recreated by the .dll when you run VA with VAICOMPRO.dll in the proper place so that cleared up the mess I noted above.  I've also renamed and moved the C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\export.lua file (which also gets recreated) so good there...

I've then done a complete Repair of DCS (including scan and removal of all added files) and I'm still getting "Selected recipient is not a Supercarrier unit" in both standard F/A-18 SUPERCARRIER-HORNET-CASE I RECOVERY missions (both Caucasus and Persian Gulf).  What's interesting is that upon entering the mission, VoiceAttack is noting that the "Nearest ATC: DDG Arleigh Burke IIa" (see screenshot) - that doesn't seem right at all.  I have to think this has something to do with the recent update to 2.7.0.5518... AM I really the only person seeing this?

@Hollywood_315  What am I doing wrong here?

I've literally had zero issues with VA/VCP for 2 years and this is the first time I've seen anything like this.  

(Minor rant: between the week+ of near constant DCS and OS re-tweaking & testing in an effort to reclaim lost performance in VR and now this 2.7 has been a complete nightmare.. zero fun so far)

Untitled2.jpg

Edited by Twwhitey

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

22 minutes ago, Twwhitey said:

Ok update - a clean out of the C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO folder cleared up the mess of all the never seen before "building" & "reset" messages noted above upon starting VA. Those folders get recreated by the .dll when you run VA with VAICOMPRO.dll in the proper place so that cleared up the mess I noted above.  I've also renamed and moved the C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\export.lua file (which also gets recreated) so good there...

I've then done a complete Repair of DCS (including scan and removal of all added files) and I'm still getting "Selected recipient is not a Supercarrier unit" in both standard F/A-18 SUPERCARRIER-HORNET-CASE I RECOVERY missions (both Caucasus and Persian Gulf).  What's interesting is that upon entering the mission, VoiceAttack is noting that the "Nearest ATC: DDG Arleigh Burke IIa" (see screenshot) - that doesn't seem right at all.  I have to think this has something to do with the recent update to 2.7.0.5518... AM I really the only person seeing this?

@Hollywood_315  What am I doing wrong here?

I've literally had zero issues with VA/VCP for 2 years and this is the first time I've seen anything like this.  

(Minor rant: between the week+ of near constant DCS and OS re-tweaking & testing in an effort to reclaim lost performance in VR and now this 2.7 has been a complete nightmare.. zero fun so far)

Untitled2.jpg

Ok last update... I'm convinced something wonky is going on with DCS and/or the default set of missions in DCS or ship units associated within a Supercarrier group.  Pulling up the ATC "menu" it appears that all of the ships units associated with the SuperCarrier in the default F/A-18 Supercarrier Case 1 (standard) missions all apparently show up as ATC options for channel 127.5 (see screenshot). As these missions were my "test" missions this is why I'm getting the "Selected recipient is not a supercarrier".  Great way to spend hours and hours the past 2 days......  Creating a custom mission with only a lone supercarrier (and no affiliated units) VA/VCP command messages work fine.    Good lord...

Screen_210423_210917.png

All ships in the group being set to 127.5 has happened for a long time. It is the default frequency in the ME. Marking Moms as the first call usually sorts this as that is SC specific

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi,

I've searched for the answers but cant find them so wondering if anyone is able to help.

My Vaicom Pro has been excellent and easy to update and import the new commands when I purchase a new extension, but I am having real issues when trying to update the keyword commands with the new kneeboard extension.

I have validated the licene and go to copy the new commands into the Vaicom Pro profile, but every time I click done I get the message 'The profile already contains the spoken phrase; 'my target' and it won't then update.

I have tried reloading the original Vaicom Pro profile, but always get the same message when it comes to importing the new phrases.

Has anyone experienced this before and have a solution?

Many thanks in advance.

11 hours ago, Twwhitey said:

Any recommendations?

Untitled1.jpg

If you are meaning the black squares that means you have Vaicom debug turned on

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

1 hour ago, Waynos said:

Hi,

I've searched for the answers but cant find them so wondering if anyone is able to help.

My Vaicom Pro has been excellent and easy to update and import the new commands when I purchase a new extension, but I am having real issues when trying to update the keyword commands with the new kneeboard extension.

I have validated the licene and go to copy the new commands into the Vaicom Pro profile, but every time I click done I get the message 'The profile already contains the spoken phrase; 'my target' and it won't then update.

I have tried reloading the original Vaicom Pro profile, but always get the same message when it comes to importing the new phrases.

Has anyone experienced this before and have a solution?

Many thanks in advance.

When you have pressed the FINISH button in Vaicom config, paste the results into Notepad - does the phrase my target appear in there more than once on its own (I have 'my Target' and 'What is my Target')?

30 minutes ago, hornblower793 said:

When you have pressed the FINISH button in Vaicom config, paste the results into Notepad - does the phrase my target appear in there more than once on its own (I have 'my Target' and 'What is my Target')?

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

My Target appears only once. Like you I have 'my target' and 'what is my target'

OK - how are you trying to add the commands to the VA profile?

I am opening VA, pressing ctrl, Alt and C to bring up the config window. Once this is open I go to the editor, click the orange Finish button. I then go back to VA, click the edit profile button, double click the AI communications part in keywords collection. Once it opens, I delete all the text in the 'when I say' box, press ctrl+V to paste the new commands and click apply. Everytime it brings up the message.

I have also tried creating a new profile, import the default Vaicom Pro profile and then doing the steps above. When I do this, I don't get the error message, but it only imports 77 commands.

3 hours ago, Waynos said:

I am opening VA, pressing ctrl, Alt and C to bring up the config window. Once this is open I go to the editor, click the orange Finish button. I then go back to VA, click the edit profile button, double click the AI communications part in keywords collection. Once it opens, I delete all the text in the 'when I say' box, press ctrl+V to paste the new commands and click apply. Everytime it brings up the message.

I have also tried creating a new profile, import the default Vaicom Pro profile and then doing the steps above. When I do this, I don't get the error message, but it only imports 77 commands.

How many commands does the Vaicom editor tab say you have?

That sounds right - if you use the FINISH button and then paste into notepad does it look like 900+ commands or 77 commands.

If it looks like a lot, try copying from notepad and then pasting into the VA profile

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Twwhitey said:

Unfortunately, that is correct behavior. You need to select the supercarrier as recipient before giving the inbound or marking moms call if there is another valid ATC that is closer. It was true before 2.7.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

7 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

That sounds right - if you use the FINISH button and then paste into notepad does it look like 900+ commands or 77 commands.

If it looks like a lot, try copying from notepad and then pasting into the VA profile

I copied it into notepad and its over 2000 words, and looks a lot more than 77 commands. 

I copied and pasted into word and notepad and once I copy it over, the default Vaicom Pro profile goes from 520+ commands to 77 once I paste the new ones in and apply. I do get a message popping up saying it is importing over 23000 dynamic commands. See the pictures attahced. Once I click ok, it shows only 77 commands in the keyword section. 

Vaicom Message.JPG

Vaicom Message 2.JPG

Vaicom Message 3.JPG

8 hours ago, sthompson said:

Unfortunately, that is correct behavior. You need to select the supercarrier as recipient before giving the inbound or marking moms call if there is another valid ATC that is closer. It was true before 2.7.

I subsequently figured out why I was getting the “Selected Unit is not a SuperCarrier” message.  This weeks DCS update must have reset ‘Easy Communications” to ON which royally screws up how VCP works when your not expecting it.  Turning off easy Comms fixed my issue.  Great way to spend hours...

• Like 1

I subsequently figured out why I was getting the “Selected Unit is not a SuperCarrier” message.  This weeks DCS update must have reset ‘Easy Communications” to ON which royally screws up how VCP works when your not expecting it.  Turning off easy Comms fixed my issue.  Great way to spend hours...
Good find though!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I copied it into notepad and its over 2000 words, and looks a lot more than 77 commands. 

I copied and pasted into word and notepad and once I copy it over, the default Vaicom Pro profile goes from 520+ commands to 77 once I paste the new ones in and apply. I do get a message popping up saying it is importing over 23000 dynamic commands. See the pictures attahced. Once I click ok, it shows only 77 commands in the keyword section. 
195086997_VaicomMessage.thumb.JPG.111866a982e8f55f7a8bb6b16ef4d0ac.JPG
1898881458_VaicomMessage2.JPG.e9223ae59b00d8a2b2b1afee900697d6.JPG
408382021_VaicomMessage3.JPG.c40f06c7e39712c76beaa2ee935ef073.JPG

I now understand - looking at your bottom screenshots there are a set of buttons at the bottom of the screen. Next to the Import Commands button is one that looks like a dot with a line next to it. Click on this and it will show you the multipart commands on separate lines and then you should see the real number you have.

Once you have clicked on it the button should change to show 3 dots and 3 lines

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

OK, so I've been using viacompro for a long time without many issues, but I'm noticing some huuuge lua frametime spikes in 2.7. At the moment, when I push the PPT button for voiceattack, my cpu usage (3900X) jumps to about 1.5%, if I rapidly push the ppt button I can push my cpu usage up to 10%.

In game, this translates to a large frametime spike and a loss of about 5fps for an instant. SImilarly, if I have SRS running now I get regular frametime stutters that can be eliminated by deleting my export.lua and then my gameplay is smooth.

Any idea why my lua performance is so terrible?

OK, so I've been using viacompro for a long time without many issues, but I'm noticing some huuuge lua frametime spikes in 2.7. At the moment, when I push the PPT button for voiceattack, my cpu usage (3900X) jumps to about 1.5%, if I rapidly push the ppt button I can push my cpu usage up to 10%.

In game, this translates to a large frametime spike and a loss of about 5fps for an instant. SImilarly, if I have SRS running now I get regular frametime stutters that can be eliminated by deleting my export.lua and then my gameplay is smooth.

Any idea why my lua performance is so terrible?

I don't get what you mean by "Lua performance". Care to explain? I'm curious from a technical point of view.
Also, I don't use VA PPT, ever, only the VAICOM configured TX buttons.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Hi I just bought this but the commands work in VA but not in game and the PTT screen blinks BCN and no modules there.

I deleted the export.lua, claened and repaired DCS, set a custom path and registry fix and the registry is pointing to the right drive.

PS running 2.7 beta

Please help I feel I just wasted this money...

VAICOM PRO logfile
Plugin version 2.5.24.0 (release)
License: PRO
Executing automatic lua code installation.
DCS World version 2.5 not found.
   Using custom install path for 2.5 OpenBeta
   Install path = G:\DCS World
   Saved Games folder = F:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta
   Reset: Export.lua
   Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua
   Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua
   Reset: speech.lua
   Reset: common.lua
   Reset: TabSheetBar.lua
   Reset: gameMessages.lua
   7/7 DCS-side files were updated.