VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Got the Viacom pro full pack went to down load all but it failed so I downloaded individual extensions  got all the keys but you cant   download the Interactive Knee board or the Realistic ATC without having to buy them again tried contacting them but no answer yet. So if anyone knows what to do and can inform me I would be much Obliged.

thanks 

have also asked in the general section but hope fully this seems like a good place to ask hope Ive entered it correctly as a reply my Order ID is 0084729483

That is because those do not need separate downloads - once you have registered the licences in the Vaicom config their functionality will become available to you

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

7 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

That is because those do not need separate downloads - once you have registered the licences in the Vaicom config their functionality will become available to you

Thanks mate cant find way to change the about tab in the config to register the extensions it just says Viacom Pro if I just put in the other keys it simply says its the wrong Key. All ok now must have left a letter in from the (enter Key Here) easily done in case anyone else dose the same thing  . thanks for your time and answer much appreciated 

Edited by Johnezq
  • Like 1

Thanks mate cant find way to change the about tab in the config to register the extensions it just says Viacom Pro if I just put in the other keys it simply says its the wrong Key. All ok now must have left a letter in from the (enter Key Here) easily done in case anyone else dose the same thing  . thanks for your time and answer much appreciated 
Yes, I have requested long ago that ALL letters should be removed when you click in the text box, as that is a Windows feature. I don't know how many hours I spent the first time trying to register. Haha
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Yes, I have requested long ago that ALL letters should be removed when you click in the text box, as that is a Windows feature. I don't know how many hours I spent the first time trying to register. Haha
Cheers!

Yep that one is a PITB.

He really needs to remove that text.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Resolved - looked back even further and many of the previous issues were similar.  Thank you for the help, even in the past 🙂

Question. I reinstalled DCS on a new drive. Saved game location persisted.  I updated the custom DCS path in Config and hit "export" on .lua files.  Vaicom still won't recognize when loaded in game. All things Voiceattack still work (mic and mouse are plugged in )  Any suggestions on how to resolve besides a fresh install on VIACOM? And any issues with licenses if I do a re-install of VIACOM?  

Thank you for the help!

Edited by AresShadow
  • Like 1

Resolved - looked back even further and many of the previous issues were similar.  Thank you for the help, even in the past

Question. I reinstalled DCS on a new drive. Saved game location persisted.  I updated the custom DCS path in Config and hit "export" on .lua files.  Vaicom still won't recognize when loaded in game. All things Voiceattack still work (mic and mouse are plugged in )  Any suggestions on how to resolve besides a fresh install on VIACOM? And any issues with licenses if I do a re-install of VIACOM?  

Thank you for the help!

I'm confused. Are you still having problems, or did you resolve it?
Cheers!

Il 15/3/2019 at 10:24, Hollywood_315 ha scritto:

@Kazius This is caused by the Garmin NS340: you'll need to disable it. PM sent.

@Rangoon I get that this occurs with the KA-50 only. Any other apps running at the same time?

Can you have a look if dcs.log telling you anything.

@Harker That's interesting about those oil and gas platforms, can you PM me a link to the .miz file to test with please.

@All for the F-14 you need to be on the latest plugin build 2.5.9.2. There was a bug (now fixed) that prevents download from completing when Audio Redirect is switched on.

You can try again with Redirect switched off or download the latest VAICOMPRO.dll from the website and replace manually.

If the F-14 is not recognised carefully inspect your lua files install any other apps you may have running e.g. in export.lua.

@SD If you enable the F10 import option and fly a mission for the first time, the menu items are added to the keywords database (phrases starting with 'Action').

Apply the finish steps and next time you fly the mission you can call the items directly with voice command without invoking any menu.

Alternatively you can use @Eaglewings approach also.

:pilotfly:

Hi @Holliwoodi’m trying to import F10 menu from AirBoss server mod which change accordingly with new feature introduced from our CAG but it doesn’t work. Whilst other scripted mission auto import into the phrase db the content for this one it’s a no joy. Can you help me in the matter please?

I've been using Vaicom Pro for DCS running a flat screen and headset with headphones + mic.  That all works well and is wonderful to use.

I've started using a Reverb G2, with it's built in mic and floating ear speakers, and am running into problems.

Voice Attack and Vaicom both correctly switch to using the G2's speakers and mic, but the problem I'm running into is that the speech recognition from the mic is almost unusable when the speakers are positioned over my ears.  Most commands are only partially recognized, or not recognized at all.  Moving the ear speakers up away from my ears (less close to the mic) allows commands to be recognized, but then I can barely hear what's happening.  Volume is set pretty low already, so setting it lower isn't an option.

Any settings that would help VoiceAttack/Vaicom filter out the noise from the speakers, or do I need to remove the speakers and use my regular headset over the VR headset?  I'm not sure that will fit, as I've got an XXL size head...

Thanks for any advice. 

I've been using Vaicom Pro for DCS running a flat screen and headset with headphones + mic.  That all works well and is wonderful to use.

I've started using a Reverb G2, with it's built in mic and floating ear speakers, and am running into problems.

Voice Attack and Vaicom both correctly switch to using the G2's speakers and mic, but the problem I'm running into is that the speech recognition from the mic is almost unusable when the speakers are positioned over my ears.  Most commands are only partially recognized, or not recognized at all.  Moving the ear speakers up away from my ears (less close to the mic) allows commands to be recognized, but then I can barely hear what's happening.  Volume is set pretty low already, so setting it lower isn't an option.

Any settings that would help VoiceAttack/Vaicom filter out the noise from the speakers, or do I need to remove the speakers and use my regular headset over the VR headset?  I'm not sure that will fit, as I've got an XXL size head...

Thanks for any advice. 
If you have an NVidia graphics card try NVidia noise removal (was RTX voice).

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Just wanted to say thank you to @Hollywood_315. Great app, bought the bundle which was an amazing price for what you’ve done. Tested tonight, AIRIO is smile inducing to say the least. My son jumped in the F-14 and he could not believe what he was witnessing. I had to let him stay up a bit on a school night he was having the time of his life, but I wanted a turn. I’m only new to all of this, but it’s added a sense of immersion that is unprecedented. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

try NVidia noise removal (was RTX voice).

Thanks for the suggestion.   I set up NVidia Broadcast, running just the noise removal on input from the default device (NVidia wanted to make it's virtual mic and speakers the default but turned those off).  Set up Voice Attack to use the NVidia broadcast virtual mic for speech recognition.  Seems to work pretty well!  I'll probably use it for SRS too.

Does seem silly that the G2 or VoiceAttack can't just cancel out the mic output, since both of those should be aware of all the sound coming out of the speakers, making noise cancellation less of a load on the system.  Ah well.

Edited by tanr

Thanks for the suggestion.   I set up NVidia Broadcast, running just the noise removal on input from the default device (NVidia wanted to make it's virtual mic and speakers the default but turned those off).  Set up Voice Attack to use the NVidia broadcast virtual mic for speech recognition.  Seems to work pretty well!  I'll probably use it for SRS too.

Does seem silly that the G2 or VoiceAttack can't just cancel out the mic output, since both of those should be aware of all the sound coming out of the speakers, making noise cancellation less of a load on the system.  Ah well.
I agree about the G2 - harder for Voiceattack as it knows nothing about the slunds from DCs etc.

Glad it has made a difference for you

Can some one please tell me how to map the kneeboard next page to my viacom interactive kneeboard extension. When i map the kneeboard in settings it goes to the next page of the kneeboard not the next tab. Thank you.

Just getting set up in DCS. Have a G2 and wondering if the voice recognition problem is universal. And how well does the NVidia fix work?

Also, maybe a stupid question but with ViaCom and VA working together, will my aircraft specific profiles for cockpit interaction still work?

One more, with ViaCom’s kneeboard, can I add pdf files to it? ie. checklists

Just getting set up in DCS. Have a G2 and wondering if the voice recognition problem is universal. And how well does the NVidia fix work?
Also, maybe a stupid question but with ViaCom and VA working together, will my aircraft specific profiles for cockpit interaction still work?
One more, with ViaCom’s kneeboard, can I add pdf files to it? ie. checklists

I don't know how universal the problem is - i run a Rift S but use a headset with mic over it to avoid disturbing my family.

You will need to daisy-chain your aircraft specific profiles to Vaicom. With the Vaicom profile selected in VA press the pencil icon, select the options button next to the profile name on the next screen, and then use include commands from these profiles on the next screen.

Once this is done, VA will first check to see if it what you say is a Vaicom command and, if not, then check the other profiles in the order they are listed

Vaicom's kneeboard is just an addition to the standard DCS kneeboard so you can add pdfs to that in the same way as before.

• Like 1

Anyone had any contact with @Hollywood_315 lately?

Seems it has been almost a month since he has visited  the forums here.

Hoping all is ok.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Anyone had any contact with @Hollywood_315 lately?
Seems it has been almost a month since he has visited  the forums here.
Hoping all is ok.
No, and it was well over a month before that

Many Thanks, Hornblower
waiting for my new PC to arrive so my only experience with DCS so far is reading. Can’t wait to get hands on! Will see how the G2 does and at least there is the NVidia work around available if there’s a problem.
While I don't use the Nvidia solution I did test it out of curiosity and it seemed to cope well with rock music coming out of my hifi speakers

37 minutes ago, CypherBlue said:

Anyone have issues with VIACOM after this weeks patch? I have it running but it constantly keeps opening and closing the Comms menu on screen and commands are recognized but not doing anything? 

Try closing both DCS and VA, remove the export.lua file in your saved games\scripts folder and then restart VA / Vaicom and then DCS

• Thanks 1

Hello Guys,

I bought VAICOM Pro + Voice Attack.

It's really good and I have just one problem about the kneeboard.

I understand if I call "Kneeboard", it appears or disappears and it is the case.

But it appears or disappears in many cases, for example when I make a little noise with my mouth or my warthog or my mouse or ....

Problem with VAICOM or VoiceAttack ?

If you have an explanation/solution for me, thks a lot 

On 4/17/2021 at 4:53 AM, JSpidey said:

Anybody else having issues with Vaicom Pro's Interactive Kneeboard in 2.7? When contacting marshal I don't get all the info displayed on the ATC menu anymore.. ?

Same here....no radio replies from ATC, AWACS, or air tanker shown on kneeboard.  This started with 2.7 update.

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.