VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Easiest thing is for you to join the Vaicom pro Discord server and I will call you as soon as you appear there (

https://discord.gg/xKSMHWsp

Just checking your Discord tag is Bronco

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Discovered this recently.

When I am trying to call the tanker with "Request rejoin" - the message is never recognised by DCS, while "Ready precontact" always DOES get recognised.

vaicom1.PNG

While when running Vaicom in standalone, "Request rejoin" works fine. 

vaicom2.PNG

Is this a bug or else? Thanks.

mighty pilot, so it seems

· Intel i7 8700K 3.7GHz · Asus 1080 Ti · HP Reverb · Virpil T-50CM2 base + stick · Virpil MT-50 Throttle · TM TPR Pedals

1 hour ago, Herisson said:

Discovered this recently.

When I am trying to call the tanker with "Request rejoin" - the message is never recognised by DCS, while "Ready precontact" always DOES get recognised.

[snip]

Is this a bug or else? Thanks.

Else. The voice command is "Approaching for Refuel." It's in the manual.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

In DCS I have Easy Communications turned off, however Viacom Pro has them "ON" when I go to the Cntrl/Alt/C screen it shows that Easy Communications is "ON".  I used to have Easy Comms on, but turned it off because I no longer need it.  Do you guys have any idea why I cant get Viacom pro to not use it?

Edited by melchionda

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

In DCS I have Easy Communications turned off, however Viacom Pro has them on when I go to the Cntrl/Alt/C screen it shows that Easy Comms is on.  I used to have Easy Comms on, but turned it off because I no longer need it.  Do you guys have any idea why I cant get Viacom pro to not use it?
When you use Ctrl+Alt+V are you sat in the cockpit? If not, Vaicom will show Easy Comms On because it does not know which way the DCS option is set

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

9 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

When you use Ctrl+Alt+V are you sat in the cockpit? If not, Vaicom will show Easy Comms On because it does not know which way the DCS option is set

Thanks man... you are right, I just checked.  When I'm in the cockpit Easy Communications is "OFF".  I am having a problem though which was the reason I was asking about Easy Communications..., but maybe its not related to VIACOM PRO.  What is happening is; I was in the Aerobatics Online server to practice Aerial Refueling, I tuned my radio to "241" and was able to talk to the tanker... however after a few comms back and forth my radio would switch to "242" and I would end up talking to a different tanker.  In case Aerial refueling wasn't hard enough I kept having to tune my radio back to "241".  This is probably not a VIAMCOM issue and I'll probably take this issue to another part of the forum.. but just in case... does anyone know what my problem might be?

Edited by melchionda

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Thanks man... you are right, I just checked.  When I'm in the cockpit Easy Communications is "OFF".  I am having a problem though which was the reason I was asking about Easy Communications..., but maybe its not related to VIACOM PRO.  What is happening is; I was in the Aerobatics Online server to practice Aerial Refueling, I tuned my radio to "241" and was able to talk to the tanker... however after a few comms back and forth my radio would switch to "242" and I would end up talking to a different tanker.  In case Aerial refueling wasn't hard enough I kept having to tune my radio back to "241".  This is probably not a VIAMCOM issue and I'll probably take this issue to another part of the forum.. but just in case... does anyone know what my problem might be?
Maybe the server forced easy comms on?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Maybe the server forced easy comms on?

That server does force Easy Comms on. But I'm not sure that explains why the radio would change tuning once tuned in to a valid recipient. Would help to know which module and the specific command that caused the tuning to change, and whether you have "Instant Select" enabled. 

I'm completely incompetent on AAR but I've practiced on that server and have not had the problem. Here is my guess: There is often more than one Texaco or Arco etc flying at once on that server and so if you are using Instant Select and call "Texaco, approaching for refuel" you may not get the one you want, and DCS might change the tuning at that point depending on which one Texaco VAICOM selects. You can solve that problem by using the radio menu to make the initial call instead. (I wish VAICOM had a means to distinguish recipients with the same call sign because Instant Select is unpredictable in that setting.) Once tuned to the correct tanker, if you call "Texaco, ready precontact" then it might switch the tuning to the other Texaco. That might explain what is going on. But if you just call "Ready precontact" then the tuning does not change, as long as you are already tuned to a valid tanker.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

59 minutes ago, sthompson said:

That server does force Easy Comms on. But I'm not sure that explains why the radio would change tuning once tuned in to a valid recipient. Would help to know which module and the specific command that caused the tuning to change, and whether you have "Instant Select" enabled. 

I'm completely incompetent on AAR but I've practiced on that server and have not had the problem. Here is my guess: There is often more than one Texaco or Arco etc flying at once on that server and so if you are using Instant Select and call "Texaco, approaching for refuel" you may not get the one you want, and DCS might change the tuning at that point depending on which one Texaco VAICOM selects. You can solve that problem by using the radio menu to make the initial call instead. (I wish VAICOM had a means to distinguish recipients with the same call sign because Instant Select is unpredictable in that setting.) Once tuned to the correct tanker, if you call "Texaco, ready precontact" then it might switch the tuning to the other Texaco. That might explain what is going on. But if you just call "Ready precontact" then the tuning does not change, as long as you are already tuned to a valid tanker.

I was flying the A10CII and trying to refuel from Texaco 1-1.  I cant remember if I have Instant Select enabled....I'll look. 

Makes sense and good points!
Cheers!

Yesterday I had issues in multiplayer when telling Jester to convert a map marker in a waypoint. I was in Blue Flag and the Map Marker had the number 29 assigned so I told him:

"Map Marker 29 to Waypoint 1" without success.

Then I checked the VAICOM manual and I noticed that the command is "Map Marker [1...10]...." does this mean that if the map marker has a higher number than 10 it won't be recognised?

Also I had issues with "Set Ripple Quantity Step" as it wasn't recognising the command. I issued the show options for this command order and it showed 2 | 4 | 8 | 16 and Step wasn't an option.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Al-Azraq

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Hello
I need help with this please:
1. In the Warthog, I have configured the TX5 switch for Vaicom (Voiceattack); TX1 and TX2 for SRS.
- Easy com-OFF
TX5 works perfectly with all commands, and both TX1 and TX2 work perfectly in SRS as well ...
But, if while I speak by SRS with someone from the team and I pronounce a command that I have in my profile, it is executed (for example, if I tell them not to do "emergency Jettison", it is executed)

2. To prevent this from happening, I must leave only the TX5 with Push to talk in the configuration.
But with this last adjustment, I lose the ability to get a response from the A.I.
I explain
If I have Batumi Tower on the radio 2 and I request "inbound" using the TX2 switch, even though the frequency is set correctly, there is no response from the A.I. (because of point 2)
So if I use the TX5 to request inbound, it answers me, but using COM1 and not COM2 where I have Batumi TWR.

The condition in point 1, for me is very real, because I talk to whoever is on that frequency, either Human or A.I .; but I do not want that if by any chance I say something that I have in my profile to be executed.

Is there a way to block that?

It occurs to me that it shouldn't be easy, but maybe someone did.

Thank you very much in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

21 minutes ago, krusty974 said:

" Extended command set is currently disabled in preferences. "

Anyone ??

You need to go into the Vaicom config (Ctrl+Alt+C) > Preferences tab and click Extended Command Set

32 minutes ago, Colmillo said:

Hello
I need help with this please:
1. In the Warthog, I have configured the TX5 switch for Vaicom (Voiceattack); TX1 and TX2 for SRS.
- Easy com-OFF
TX5 works perfectly with all commands, and both TX1 and TX2 work perfectly in SRS as well ...
But, if while I speak by SRS with someone from the team and I pronounce a command that I have in my profile, it is executed (for example, if I tell them not to do "emergency Jettison", it is executed)

2. To prevent this from happening, I must leave only the TX5 with Push to talk in the configuration.
But with this last adjustment, I lose the ability to get a response from the A.I.
I explain
If I have Batumi Tower on the radio 2 and I request "inbound" using the TX2 switch, even though the frequency is set correctly, there is no response from the A.I. (because of point 2)
So if I use the TX5 to request inbound, it answers me, but using COM1 and not COM2 where I have Batumi TWR.

The condition in point 1, for me is very real, because I talk to whoever is on that frequency, either Human or A.I .; but I do not want that if by any chance I say something that I have in my profile to be executed.

Is there a way to block that?

It occurs to me that it shouldn't be easy, but maybe someone did.

Thank you very much in advance

I don't know whether this will work, but have you tried setting the Map wheel on the PTT tab of Vaicom to SNGL and then used the up and down arrows next to the green screen to select TX5?

1 hour ago, hornblower793 said:

You need to go into the Vaicom config (Ctrl+Alt+C) > Preferences tab and click Extended Command Set

I don't know whether this will work, but have you tried setting the Map wheel on the PTT tab of Vaicom to SNGL and then used the up and down arrows next to the green screen to select TX5?

Yes, but if I do that TX1 and TX2 are disabled, and with that I have no response from ATC A.I.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, but if I do that TX1 and TX2 are disabled, and with that I have no response from ATC A.I.
If I understand you correctly. You have configured TX1/2 only for SRS, and not for VAICOM. For VAICOM you have only configured TX5 to actually use only with VoiceAttack commands. Correct?
If yes, get rid of TX5, you don't need it if you configure TX1/2 for VAICOM as well, you can mix SRS with VAICOM, but you need to configure TXs in VAICOM for radio traffic. TX1-3 depending on the module.
Hope this helps. If I'm unclear, ask more.
Cheers!

57 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

If I understand you correctly. You have configured TX1/2 only for SRS, and not for VAICOM. For VAICOM you have only configured TX5 to actually use only with VoiceAttack commands. Correct?
If yes, get rid of TX5, you don't need it if you configure TX1/2 for VAICOM as well, you can mix SRS with VAICOM, but you need to configure TXs in VAICOM for radio traffic. TX1-3 depending on the module.
Hope this helps. If I'm unclear, ask more. emoji4.png
Cheers!

Thank you Max and Hornblower, I will prepare a video to clarify what I want.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The whole point of SNGL is that it maps all your aircraft radios to the single TX that you have selected. I have never run this way so cannot help further at the moment. If I get a chance after work today I will have a play and see what happens

Once again, I have the same problem and once again I don't know how to fix it: VAICOM is not recognizing any module. Here is the log file to see if you notice something here:

VAICOM PRO logfile
Plugin version 2.5.24.0 (release)
License: PRO
Executing automatic lua code installation.
DCS World installation found: version 2.5
   Using Regular install path for 2.5
   Install path = C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World
   Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Jose\Saved Games\DCS
   Unchanged: Export.lua
   Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua
   Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua
   Reset: speech.lua
   Reset: common.lua
   Reset: TabSheetBar.lua
   Reset: gameMessages.lua
   6/7 DCS-side files were updated.
   Using custom install path for 2.5 OpenBeta
   Install path = F:\DCS World OpenBeta
   Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Jose\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta
   Unchanged: Export.lua
   Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua
   Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua
   Reset: speech.lua
   Reset: common.lua
   Reset: TabSheetBar.lua
   Reset: gameMessages.lua
   6/7 DCS-side files were updated.
DCS World version STEAM not found.
Checking VA profile.
Importing RIO extension pack...
Done.
Loading keywords database...
Writing updates.
Success.
Loading F10 menu items...
Success.
Updating aliases..
Done.
Adding 36 imported ATC aliases.
Setting ATC Oliver Hazzard Perry class as recipient Oliver Hazzard Perry class 15801
Setting ATC Ticonderoga class as recipient Ticonderoga class 15802
Setting ATC Bandar-e-Jask as recipient Bandar-e-Jask 15803
Setting ATC Ras Al Khaimah Intl as recipient Ras Al Khaimah Intl 15805
Setting ATC Al Minhad AFB as recipient Al Minhad AFB 15807
Setting ATC Al Ain Intl as recipient Al Ain Intl 15809
Setting ATC Abu Musa Island as recipient Abu Musa Island 15811
Setting ATC Abu Dhabi Intl as recipient Abu Dhabi Intl 15813
Setting ATC Sas Al Nakheel as recipient Sas Al Nakheel 15815
Setting ATC Al Dhafra AFB as recipient Al Dhafra AFB 15817
Setting ATC Al-Bateen as recipient Al-Bateen 15819
Setting ATC Sir Abu Nuayr as recipient Sir Abu Nuayr 15821
Setting ATC Kish Intl as recipient Kish Intl 15823
Setting ATC Liwa AFB as recipient Liwa AFB 15825
Setting ATC Lar as recipient Lar 15827
Setting ATC Lavan Island as recipient Lavan Island 15829
Setting ATC Jiroft as recipient Jiroft 15831
Setting ATC Kerman as recipient Kerman 15833
Setting ATC Shiraz Intl as recipient Shiraz Intl 15835
Adding 0 imported menu commands.
Building master keywords table...
Success.
Building kneeboard tables...
Success.
Building master labels table...
Success.
No new DCS modules to import.
Adding themepack collections
Chatter theme set to Default
Adding chatter resources.. Default
Resources added. 
Chatter initialized. 
Startup finished.
Ready for commands.

Once again, I have the same problem and once again I don't know how to fix it: VAICOM is not recognizing any module. Here is the log file to see if you notice something here:

Snip....

Can't really see anything wrong in the log.
I usually do this when I have trouble.
Close VA and DCS.
Repair DCS.
Rename export.lua, in your case you have two.
Start VA, start DCS.
This method have never failed me!
Have you tried steps above? And when you get it working. Remember BEFORE next update. Close VA, update DCS, start VA and then start DCS.
Hope this helps!
Cheers!

1 hour ago, sniperpr1 said:

Which version of DCS are you using? If Steam, then that is the problem, since VAICOM is not detecting a Steam version. You might also look at the DCS log to see if there are any errors when DCS loads export.lua.

On 2/24/2021 at 5:06 AM, Al-Azraq said:

Yesterday I had issues in multiplayer when telling Jester to convert a map marker in a waypoint. I was in Blue Flag and the Map Marker had the number 29 assigned so I told him:

"Map Marker 29 to Waypoint 1" without success.

Then I checked the VAICOM manual and I noticed that the command is "Map Marker [1...10]...." does this mean that if the map marker has a higher number than 10 it won't be recognised?

Also I had issues with "Set Ripple Quantity Step" as it wasn't recognising the command. I issued the show options for this command order and it showed 2 | 4 | 8 | 16 and Step wasn't an option.

Thanks in advance.

This brings to mind some of my map marker confusion.  When my RIO has kid dooty and I need jesterd to fill in, how exacltll does it work?

As in, what marker numbers are recognized as 1...2...3 and so on? Is just the lowest one on the map from ANYONE, "marker 1" and then the next highest "2" and so on"

Thanks

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

This brings to mind some of my map marker confusion.  When my RIO has kid dooty and I need jesterd to fill in, how exacltll does it work?
As in, what marker numbers are recognized as 1...2...3 and so on? Is just the lowest one on the map from ANYONE, "marker 1" and then the next highest "2" and so on"
Thanks
Yes, this is how it works as far as I know. For anyone who is interested, I changed my Map Markers command phrase (found in the Extensions category of the VA profile list from [1...10] to [1...30] and Jester happily selected waypoint 25 to a steerpoint so we could navigate to it.

• Like 1