VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Thanks - this hasn't been reproducible though and there' s been no change in this function for ages.

So no not much to go on atm.

Perhaps check if behavior is different with DCS running or not, and between different modules.

Grtz

BTW I'm assuming you are mouse-clicking the up/dn arrow buttons i.e. this is not about keyboard up/down keys.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

As I stated in another post (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4517468&postcount=6104), I tested with and without DCS running, using both the current release version and the current open beta version, in several different modules, with SRS selected or not, and with a clean VAP profile. None of that helped. The problem is there consistently.

Yes I'm using the mouse to press the up/down arrow buttons on the PTT page. They are not responsive.

The same problem is present in INV mode. The buttons are equally non-responsive.

I'm wondering if this is a side effect of some other change on my system. A Windows update perhaps, or change in a common DLL or API. Is there any way to see what's going on under the hood?

Thanks - this hasn't been reproducible though and there' s been no change in this function for ages.

So no not much to go on atm.

Perhaps check if behavior is different with DCS running or not, and between different modules.

Grtz

BTW I'm assuming you are mouse-clicking the up/dn arrow buttons i.e. this is not about keyboard up/down keys.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

As I stated in another post (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4517468&postcount=6104), I tested with and without DCS running, using both the current release version and the current open beta version, in several different modules, with SRS selected or not, and with a clean VAP profile. None of that helped. The problem is there consistently.

Yes I'm using the mouse to press the up/down arrow buttons on the PTT page. They are not responsive.

The same problem is present in INV mode. The buttons are equally non-responsive.

I'm wondering if this is a side effect of some other change on my system. A Windows update perhaps, or change in a common DLL or API. Is there any way to see what's going on under the hood?

Do you have the Supercarrier comms extension installed? It is the only thing I can think of

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Yes. There is no way to uninstall it separately as nearly as I can tell.

Do you have the Supercarrier comms extension installed? It is the only thing I can think of

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

A couple of comments on this.

First, while I do not currently use SNGL mode, I used it previously when I was learning VAICOM. Its purpose is well documented in the manual. From the manual:

"SNGL: Select this mode if you prefer to have just a single PTT hotkey in your setup for all aircraft. Modules with multiple PTT hotkeys will now be mapped to a single TX node. Use the Up/Down buttons to select which TX to use."

I used it with TX4 (AUTO) so that VAICOMPRO would automatically select the correct radio based on the selected recipient using a single PTT key. So I'm a bit puzzled by the questions about "what are you trying to accomplish."

Second, I have a fairly vanilla installation and generally VAICOMPRO works fine for me. However I tried testing SNGL mode and found that I also could not change the TX selection using the up/down keys. It is stuck on TX1, same as Tomeye. This used to work, so something has changed.

To make sure it wasn't a configuration issue, I did a full repair of DCS and then restarted VA. No errors or problems recorded in the debug log. But the problem remains. It remains no matter which version of DCS I use, whether or not SRS is active, whether or not I'm in a module, and whether or not I first press various TX keys. I tried in the Huey and in the MiG-15 with same results. I also tried installing a fresh profile by using the Export function to generate a clean VAP file and then loading that. It did not help.

So I think it may be a bug and suggest that Tomeye start a new bug notice thread in the main VAICOM forum at https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=733 rather than continuing in this thread.

Well, the word "accomplish", might not be correct in the context. English is not my first language. Apologies for that.

In order to help I wanted to know exactly what Tomeye was doing, and what his goals were. To see if I could reproduce, or find a workaround. Nothing more. And he answered. He's using a Target profile, and maybe that's culprit. I don't know.

Apart from that, sitting in "my" Huey, having SRS Int/PTT and ACC ticked, up/down works for me in INV/NORM/SNGL.

So who knows what the problem is.

Take care and thumbs up for you guys!

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I tried disabling SRS and reset the profile using the "reset" tab. I have been using the target profile for quite sometime and I can confirm it was working earlier.

Of course there has been updates in the target too.

Any further ideas to check on? I have enabled debugging but not much info.

It is weird that in SNGL and INV you click up/down and no sound. However, in Normal and MULTI clicking up/down produces the normal sound with no action as expected.

I tried disabling SRS and reset the profile using the "reset" tab. I have been using the target profile for quite sometime and I can confirm it was working earlier.

It is weird that in SNGL and INV you click up/down and no sound. However, in Normal and MULTI clicking up/down produces the normal sound with no action as expected.

Yeah. It seems really wierd.

But I don't understand. Even if you use target. Can't you choose whatever button you want as TX1? In the Huey, that should of course be the joystick trigger.

What happens if in VA, copy the VAICOM profile. Edit that profile, and name it VAICOM helicopters or whatever. Remove EVERY TX, and redefine TX one as the trigger. Does that work?

Cheers!

So, thanks, I changed the registry and everything worked fine...

Glad to be of service:thumbup:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Yeah. It seems really wierd.

But I don't understand. Even if you use target. Can't you choose whatever button you want as TX1? In the Huey, that should of course be the joystick trigger.

What happens if in VA, copy the VAICOM profile. Edit that profile, and name it VAICOM helicopters or whatever. Remove EVERY TX, and redefine TX one as the trigger. Does that work?

Cheers!

I wonder what order the SRS and Vaicom entries are in Export.lua (starting to clutch at straws here, especially as I do not have SRS)

The problem is present even if DCS is not running, so it is not likely to be related to what's in the lua files.

For me. SRS, VAICOM, TacView.

When I push the up/down buttons in NRML or MULTI I get the error "thud" sounds. Is that what you mean by "normal?" I get no sound at all when I push the same buttons in SNGL or INV, same as you.

I don't think it has anything to do with your HOTAS software, since I'm having the same problems with completely different HOTAS setup.

VAICOM Pro Not Working w/DCS

Folks, I'm having issues where VAICOM isn't working with DCS. I've gone through the steps that I normally go through after an upgrade (I actually made a checklist!) but no joy. It seems that VA is recognizing my commands like "Chief, remove the wheel chocks) but nothing happens within DCS (no communication, etc). Same thing for my commands with Flight, AAR, etc. It seems like it isn't communicating with DCS. It does work with my local commands but not VAICOM. I'm on OpenBeta, I have the path set, OB selected, and Easy Comm. VA sees me in the F/A-18 module as well. As I said, I've gone through the after upgrade checklist a couple of times with no luck. Looking for ideas. Thanks!

Dear Community, I have a very similar issue. I have upgraded DCS this morning (Stable Version) and VAICOM stopped working correctly. VA just shuts down from time to time and in other cases VAICOM understands the commands but are not communicating to DCS any more. It works for 1-2 minutes than stops working at all, or making other errors (like not having the beep sound, or chatter). I have tried to reset the lua in the control window, no joy. Thanks if you have some idea.

EDIT:

I have deleted the export.lua from saved games folder, resetted the lua files from VAICOM control panel and it seems that this solves the issue. At least I have flown with the Tomcat for 30-40 minutes without a glitch.

Edited by stag1978

Dear Community, I have a very similar issue. I have upgraded DCS this morning (Stable Version) and VAICOM stopped working correctly. VA just shuts down from time to time and in other cases VAICOM understands the commands but are not communicating to DCS any more. It works for 1-2 minutes than stops working at all, or making other errors (like not having the beep sound, or chatter). I have tried to reset the lua in the control window, no joy. Thanks if you have some idea.

EDIT:

I have deleted the export.lua from saved games folder, resetted the lua files from VAICOM control panel and it seems that this solves the issue. At least I have flown with the Tomcat for 30-40 minutes without a glitch.

Glad you got this working. And it seems that one must do this after every update.

BUT! This time I didn't need to, like others have stated here.

I closed DCS, then VA. Updated (using Skatezilla's launcher, so DCS doesn't start after the update), started VA, and started DCS. No blinking menus, everything works. Only issue I have now, is that after saying options and take commands, the menu appears whenever I give a command. But it goes away from time to time, or with the "Take 12" command, and won't reappear until I give another command.

On a side note, for those of you that have issues with the new A-10C II. @hornblower793 did some fantastic troubleshooting, and found out that if you use Hawg, Boar etc as the callsign, it will give you problems. This is also unrelated to VAICOM, as another non VAICOM user retorted the same issue, and fixed it by changing callsign to Colt. Hopefully ED will fix this soon.

Cheers!

Folks, I'm having issues where VAICOM isn't working with DCS. I've gone through the steps that I normally go through after an upgrade (I actually made a checklist!) but no joy. It seems that VA is recognizing my commands like "Chief, remove the wheel chocks) but nothing happens within DCS (no communication, etc). Same thing for my commands with Flight, AAR, etc. It seems like it isn't communicating with DCS. It does work with my local commands but not VAICOM. I'm on OpenBeta, I have the path set, OB selected, and Easy Comm. VA sees me in the F/A-18 module as well. As I said, I've gone through the after upgrade checklist a couple of times with no luck. Looking for ideas. Thanks!

I am having similar issue and ran through the repair of DCS and deleted the folder for Vaicom.. the config screen show the plane I am in and it works in Voice Attack it is just not passing commands to DCS..

I went back and looked at my previos issues and none of them solved this issue?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I am having similar issue and ran through the repair of DCS and deleted the folder for Vaicom.. the config screen show the plane I am in and it works in Voice Attack it is just not passing commands to DCS..

I went back and looked at my previos issues and none of them solved this issue?

What folder did you delete?

What folder did you delete?

the Export.lua file not folder sorry :)

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Which modules are people trying in and are they ED supplied missions (if not, what missions are they)?

Just trying to spot if there is any common pattern

Hello everybody,

After updating DCS to (2.5.6.55960) the configuration window of VAICOM Pro no longer works, it no longer opens. Any idea about it. Thank you.

Try these from the troubleshooting FAQ. I have to delete my config subfolder often for the same reason.

Symptom Configuration window not open/visible using LCtrl-LAlt-C

Cause VAICOM profile not loaded

Remedy Load profile VAICOM PRO for DCS World.vap

Cause VA keyboard shortcuts disabled

Remedy Enable VA shortcuts

Cause Windows multi-monitor problem

Remedy Delete Config subfolder and restart

Cause Background app stealing keybinds

Remedy Close background app

Hey everyone. I’m running into the same issue where VA will at times work and then stop. It will also Close automatically. May I ask you if any or all of you are using Skatezilla DCS utility to start it automatically? It seems that as soon as I did that this mess started to happen.

Wood

Edited by Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]