VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Additionally when I select SNGL, pressing up/down generates no sound on the button press. However, when I choose MULTI sound works but nothing changes in the TX order
Ah. You're using a feature I have clue on how to use. Now I see what you mean.

I have, almost, a different VAICOM profile per module. Depends on the controllers I use for which module. So my TXs are all over the place. Hence the only time I use the rotary is when I fly the Jeff or FC3 because "Normal" doesn't work for me.

I see now what you mean with up/down, and you have set the TX4 in the VAICOM profile, right? Sorry, I cannot be of more help. These are features I don't use.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

According to manual p.32 https://www.vaicompro.com/uploads/7/5/4/3/75436709/vaicom_pro_user_manual.pdf

I can select single in PTT page and then use up/down to choose. I want to choose TX4 but up/down do nothing.

In voiceattack I have loaded the vaicom profile and set TX4 to auto.

I don't use this, but have just run a test and it is working for me so we will try and work out what the differences are. I also tried having disabled my TX4 and it still worked (as it does with TX5 and TX6 for which I removed the mappings a long time ago)

When I change the dial to SNGL, all the TX options become --- lines apart from the 1 TX node I have selected (at the start I think they were all --- and I had to press the down arrow to get them working). I do get a small sound when the up and down buttons are pressed so I think this is a clue that the problem is that the buttons are just not being recognised.

Could you post some screenshots of your PTT (with NORM selected and with SNGL selected) and Preferences pages so I can see if there are any differences with my setup

Also, do you have any other VAICOM extensions (e.g. AIRIO) and are they installed?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Ok, I have the dcs.exe in = "D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin"

"D:" is my SSD.

If someone could tell me the steps in exact order so I could try again to fix it...

Is the exe for the OB or stable version of DCS? The steps to be taken depend on this information

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Ok, I have the dcs.exe in = "D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin"

"D:" is my SSD.

If someone could tell me the steps in exact order so I could try again to fix it...

Yes, no need to choose where the exe is. VIACOM wants to know the installation path. Don't choose the bin folder. Only choose "D:\DCS World OpenBeta"

Cheers!

This is what I am trying to do with up/down, select the TX4 but I cannot.

Ah. You're using a feature I have clue on how to use. Now I see what you mean.

I have, almost, a different VAICOM profile per module. Depends on the controllers I use for which module. So my TXs are all over the place. Hence the only time I use the rotary is when I fly the Jeff or FC3 because "Normal" doesn't work for me.

I see now what you mean with up/down, and you have set the TX4 in the VAICOM profile, right? Sorry, I cannot be of more help. These are features I don't use.

I have AIRIO and Chatter extensions. Not sure if the issue appeared after I recently moved DCS to an external drive and changed all shortcuts. I made the required change in "config" tab.

Attached the screens, in sngl I was able, before the problem, to use up/down keys to select TX4.

I don't use this, but have just run a test and it is working for me so we will try and work out what the differences are. I also tried having disabled my TX4 and it still worked (as it does with TX5 and TX6 for which I removed the mappings a long time ago)

When I change the dial to SNGL, all the TX options become --- lines apart from the 1 TX node I have selected (at the start I think they were all --- and I had to press the down arrow to get them working). I do get a small sound when the up and down buttons are pressed so I think this is a clue that the problem is that the buttons are just not being recognised.

Could you post some screenshots of your PTT (with NORM selected and with SNGL selected) and Preferences pages so I can see if there are any differences with my setup

Also, do you have any other VAICOM extensions (e.g. AIRIO) and are they installed?

preferences.png.fdec38b641be191299e7e277de558ba6.png

normal.png.04ff1363b41bce2f88d01113e414f8e9.png

sngl.png.9d4b42a7504f20ce8451290b23836f02.png

I have AIRIO and Chatter extensions. Not sure if the issue appeared after I recently moved DCS to an external drive and changed all shortcuts. I made the required change in "config" tab.

Attached the screens, in sngl I was able, before the problem, to use up/down keys to select TX4.

The obvious difference I can see between my set up and yours is that you have SRS installed - it might be worth seeing if temporarily disabling the SRS options on the MP tab has any effect (remembering to restart VA after you have made changes).

Also, you are running VA as administrator? I will have a play and see if I can replicate the issue but it might be worth PMing @Hollywood_315 or dropping him an email at Vaicom support to see if he has any idea

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Right. I have messed around a little.

Changing DCS install location shouldn't (hopefully) have anything to do with it, as long as you have changed the path in the VAICOM control panel accordingly. And you can also check things without running DCS.

What I did was copy one of my VAICOM profiles, and called it DCS World - VAICOM - TX TEST or something...

Then I defined all TX1-6 on my TM throttle.

Then in the control panel, without having a module loaded in DCS, I testet the various rotary settings, and for SNGL the up/down selector works. If I then choose another VAICOM profile which hasn't all the TXs defined, I can still use the up/down, but if I choose an undefined position. It doesn't work of course.

Now, it seems that it "hangs" when switching sometimes, but that's just a matter of pressing a TX.

Now, if I actually enter a module, things seems to change. SNGL always works, as long as I select a defined TX via up/down.

But it seems that the other rotary positions functions, depends on the module. And I believe that is correct behavior.

So @tomeye, may I ask what you are actually trying to achieve, and which module, so we can test?

Cheers!

As a side note:

Like I've stated before, I have issues with the JF-17, Su-33 and Su-25T. And I guess all other FC3 aircraft. Now I now others have had issues with VAICOM and the JF-11 or what is called, so I don't think this is a VAICOM issue. It seems that ED changed something with the FC3 radios this past year, as I'm sure I just used NORM on the rotary, but I could be wrong. JF-11 and JF-17 are made by Deka, and they may have coded radios differently from other modules. Anyway, I know my fix, I just need to remember to turn the dial for those modules.

Hello!

After not flying the Tomcat with Jester for a while, I now experience problems with Jester locking enemy targets with "Track single bogey ahead" command.

In 100% cases he now says: "Unable".

Only with "Track single contact ahead" he is locking these targets.

I remember using that function in older versions successfully, so something might have changed/got broken/needs update???

DCS OB 2.5.6.55960

Viacom Pro 2.5.22.2 (release with full license)

Thanks for any advice and kind regards,

TOViper

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I mainly use the huey module and I want to use TX4 in SNGL. I tried in DCS menu screen to change using up/down and it doesn't work. It's always TX1. I will try with a new blank profile.
Okay. May I ask you why? Why don't you just use NORM? I'm only asking, because I'm curious!

I have made a VAICOM profile for helicopters, and set TX1 as my joystick trigger, (like it should be), just like in the other heli modules, except for the Ka-50. I have special profile for that one.

And I'm not quite sure what you mean by changing up/down in DCS menu screen.

I hope a new profile solves for you!

Cheers!

I am using CTS https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116454 which maps TX4 for Auto in huey. So when I start huey in Norm I have TX1 and cannot change it.

Okay. May I ask you why? Why don't you just use NORM? I'm only asking, because I'm curious!

I have made a VAICOM profile for helicopters, and set TX1 as my joystick trigger, (like it should be), just like in the other heli modules, except for the Ka-50. I have special profile for that one.

And I'm not quite sure what you mean by changing up/down in DCS menu screen.

I hope a new profile solves for you!

Cheers!

huey-NORM.png.67730953aea69be218d502a65192e874.png

I am using CTS https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116454 which maps TX4 for Auto in huey. So when I start huey in Norm I have TX1 and cannot change it.
Aha! That's a little out of my league, but that's strange.

If I understand this correctly. You run the Target profile, which sort of makes a virtual joystick. You then add this joystick in VA, right? Why can't you choose whatever button you want from this virtual device as TX1? That doesn't seem logical to me.

I remember Home Fried posted something a while ago regarding something for VAICOM, and Hollywood replied, but I can't remember what it was.

I am also receiving a screech anytime the microphone receives a sound.
Did you try to change the path as suggested?

VAICOM basically uses VA as a "gateway" to Microsoft Speech Recognition, so I would recommend you get VAICOM to work, before troubleshooting your audio settings.

Cheers!

I'm using Open Beta

At which stage I think the issue is to do with a left over entry in your registry (I am assuming you used to fly stable). You need to delete this key from the registry. If you don't know how to do this the steps are as follows (do while VA is closed)

To clear this out go to windows search and type regedit and then click on Yes if a Windows message box appears

Once regedit is open there should be a folder structure on the left hand side. Find the top level entry called HKEY_CURRENT_USER and expand this (if it is not already) by clicking on the > arrow next to it.

In the list that appears there should be a SOFTWARE entry, again expand this and then find the Eagle Dynamics entry and expand it. In here there should be key titled DCS World (there may also be a DCS World OpenBeta - if so ignore this). Right click the DCS World entry and select Delete from the context menu.

You can then close the Registry Editor.

See if VA then works when you open it back up. If the DCS World OpenBeta key was not in the registry then open the VAICOM config and select the fix registry option next to the custom path (making sure that the sliders are set for OpenBeta and standalone / steam as appropriate)

If this works then great, if not drop me a private message and we can try other things:)

A couple of comments on this.

First, while I do not currently use SNGL mode, I used it previously when I was learning VAICOM. Its purpose is well documented in the manual. From the manual:

"SNGL: Select this mode if you prefer to have just a single PTT hotkey in your setup for all aircraft. Modules with multiple PTT hotkeys will now be mapped to a single TX node. Use the Up/Down buttons to select which TX to use."

I used it with TX4 (AUTO) so that VAICOMPRO would automatically select the correct radio based on the selected recipient using a single PTT key. So I'm a bit puzzled by the questions about "what are you trying to accomplish."

Second, I have a fairly vanilla installation and generally VAICOMPRO works fine for me. However I tried testing SNGL mode and found that I also could not change the TX selection using the up/down keys. It is stuck on TX1, same as Tomeye. This used to work, so something has changed.

To make sure it wasn't a configuration issue, I did a full repair of DCS and then restarted VA. No errors or problems recorded in the debug log. But the problem remains. It remains no matter which version of DCS I use, whether or not SRS is active, whether or not I'm in a module, and whether or not I first press various TX keys. I tried in the Huey and in the MiG-15 with same results. I also tried installing a fresh profile by using the Export function to generate a clean VAP file and then loading that. It did not help.

So I think it may be a bug and suggest that Tomeye start a new bug notice thread in the main VAICOM forum at https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=733 rather than continuing in this thread.

Right. I have messed around a little.

Changing DCS install location shouldn't (hopefully) have anything to do with it, as long as you have changed the path in the VAICOM control panel accordingly. And you can also check things without running DCS.

What I did was copy one of my VAICOM profiles, and called it DCS World - VAICOM - TX TEST or something...

Then I defined all TX1-6 on my TM throttle.

Then in the control panel, without having a module loaded in DCS, I testet the various rotary settings, and for SNGL the up/down selector works. If I then choose another VAICOM profile which hasn't all the TXs defined, I can still use the up/down, but if I choose an undefined position. It doesn't work of course.

Now, it seems that it "hangs" when switching sometimes, but that's just a matter of pressing a TX.

Now, if I actually enter a module, things seems to change. SNGL always works, as long as I select a defined TX via up/down.

But it seems that the other rotary positions functions, depends on the module. And I believe that is correct behavior.

So @tomeye, may I ask what you are actually trying to achieve, and which module, so we can test?

Cheers!

As a side note:

Like I've stated before, I have issues with the JF-17, Su-33 and Su-25T. And I guess all other FC3 aircraft. Now I now others have had issues with VAICOM and the JF-11 or what is called, so I don't think this is a VAICOM issue. It seems that ED changed something with the FC3 radios this past year, as I'm sure I just used NORM on the rotary, but I could be wrong. JF-11 and JF-17 are made by Deka, and they may have coded radios differently from other modules. Anyway, I know my fix, I just need to remember to turn the dial for those modules.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I tried that already. It did not help with the problem.

Hi

For slot up/down selection with SNGL, disable SRS mode.

Grtz

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals