VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

What doesn't work for you?

I have NEVER EVER uninstalled VAICOM. It's just a bunch of files under Voice Attack. No installation routine and reg settings like other apps and progs. I usually need to reset the Lua after a repair after a DCS update, (but not this last hotfix).

If you have an issue with blinking menus, it's because of the files needed for VAICOM in the install directory. VAICOM changes these, and need to update them after a repair (and update it seems). That's why you need to reset the Lua. Because they are Lua files.

A-10C II comms doesn't work for me either, and Hollywood will fix this. It does talk with the module though, because "select Batumi" or other airfield changes the radio channel. Test it!

VAICOM works fine for me in every other module (haven't tested the Huey though and some users have reported issues there. Might be the same issue, and they did something with the Huey lately. Gunner AI you know).

So, I would recommend you test it in another module. If it works there, VAICOM is fine! But we need an update for VAICOM. This has happened with other new modules as well, so I'm not worried. A-10C II is regarded as a completely new module in some ways. So I guess that's the reason.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what you are getting at. It sounds like you are having a go at me because you think I am complaining.

I am raising an issue so that Hollywood knows it exists and therefore will know that it is something that needs fixing. Of course the A10C II is new, and Vaicom in it's current state isn't programmed for it. How will he know if we don't tell him. Deleting the LUA does not fix this problem.

My point is that at this moment in time, if Vaicom is running in Voiceattack, you cannot use the A10C II module without the comms problem. And so, I had to uninstall / delete Vaicom so that I could continue to play, because I rely heavily on Voiceattack whilst in VR.

Cheers! :thumbup:

I'm not sure what you are getting at. It sounds like you are having a go at me because you think I am complaining.

I am raising an issue so that Hollywood knows it exists and therefore will know that it is something that needs fixing. Of course the A10C II is new, and Vaicom in it's current state isn't programmed for it. How will he know if we don't tell him. Deleting the LUA does not fix this problem.

My point is that at this moment in time, if Vaicom is running in Voiceattack, you cannot use the A10C II module without the comms problem. And so, I had to uninstall / delete Vaicom so that I could continue to play, because I rely heavily on Voiceattack whilst in VR.

Cheers!

Sorry! Apologies! That was not my intention at all!

I just wanted to help, and I got a little confused when you wrote this

"I've just uninstalled Vaicom - fixed the problem.

I've just re-installed Vaicom - broken"

But now understand what you ment. Instead of uninstalling VAICOM, so you can use it with other modules. Why don't you just select another Voice Attack profile? Or, actually, since the TXs work, your piggy backed VA profile should work anyway.

Hope I came through a litte better now!

Cheers!

What do you mean you get it a lot?

Mine is always red, like it should be, unless you press a TX. Check your TX settings is my advice.

Cheers

Hey

I don't use PTT - using hotmic. I can enable the listening, then it listens for a couple of seconds and then stops listening again

Hi

I use VoiceAttack in conjunction with Vaicom in DCS - mostly for commands to Jester.

A while back I had this issue where VA would continuously stop listening. After some googling I found that it was Sonic Studio - stopped that and all was well - uninstalled it for good measure :-p

What I also noticed was that while I was using VA in DCS the comms menu would keep popping up and disappearing. Googled the issue and one of the steps recommended was deleting an export.lua file. That resolved the comms menu popup, but now the "listening suspended" issue is back.

All seems to work fine until I'm loaded into my plane at which point VA gives the red disable icon over the headset icon and the log says "listening suspended".

No more Sonic Studio or the MSI software mentioned, so not sure what is causing it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Any advice for me?

Hey

I don't use PTT - using hotmic. I can enable the listening, then it listens for a couple of seconds and then stops listening again

Ahh! I see. Never tried that. Have you mapped any TX switches at all? Or do you mean that you use TXs for VAICOM and hotmic for other VA commands. Will read your post below again.

To totally fix it for me, when I understood that all these apps messes with each other, yes, I un-installed/re-installed SRS and and TacView. (Other apps does things as well).

But, you don't have to do that, as I attach my file. Just have a look inside it, ot just rename and use it.

Cheers

[ATTACH]249245[/ATTACH]

This appears to work with the current stable release, but Open Beta is still giving me the menu problem. (Which is only resolved by disabling Viacom in VA)

Are there any known issues with VIACOM and the Open Beta?

This appears to work with the current stable release, but Open Beta is still giving me the menu problem. (Which is only resolved by disabling Viacom in VA)

Are there any known issues with VIACOM and the Open Beta?

Did you remember to do a repair of DCS with VA closed?

Did you remember to do a repair of DCS with VA closed?

Yes. I've performed both a cleanup and repair of the OB install straight after a fresh reboot (VA closed). Afterwards still seeing the same problem. Menu still switches to Interphone and back out again randomly when in the Huey. :(

Yes. I've performed both a cleanup and repair of the OB install straight after a fresh reboot (VA closed). Afterwards still seeing the same problem. Menu still switches to Interphone and back out again randomly when in the Huey. :(
That's a bummer. Just tested Huey now in OB. No problems (except force trim button doesn't do anything for FFB).

VAICOM works, tune the RADIO, get replies from ATC.

So, sorry for asking again. Path is set to OB, slider set to OB. Right?

Have you checked registry settings. I guess so.

And VA runs as admin, as stable works for you. Hmmm

I feel like I'm out of ideas. You do have separate save games folders for stable and OB? No variant.txt tricks?

Hmm... You use VA commands for Jester. But you don't use VAICOM ARIO addon?

Hey

To try and be more clear, I use VA with Vaicom and all other Vaicom addons like ARIO.

I used to be able to fire up VA and just call on Jester, and giving him commands on hotmic. After deleting the export file to try and fix the comms menu popup issue, this stopped working. Once I start I keep getting VA to give stop listening error. I enable, after some seconds or sometimes immediately it goes back to stop listening. This used to work just fine. As I mentioned before, I previously resolved a similar issue by stopping Sonic Studio, Asus piece of software that was causing the issue. Now the issue is back after I deleted the export file and it rebuilt, and I'm not sure what is causing the issue.

Per the manual, VAICOMPRO only supports hot mic for ARIO (Jester). You must use PTT for all other VAICOM PRO commands. This is true even if you have the hot release button selected on the PTT page. According to the manual, that is there to enable you to activate your own commands, and "All VAICOM PRO communications commands still require PTT to be used."

Hey

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Per the manual, VAICOMPRO only supports hot mic for ARIO (Jester). You must use PTT for all other VAICOM PRO commands. This is true even if you have the hot release button selected on the PTT page. According to the manual, that is there to enable you to activate your own commands, and "All VAICOM PRO communications commands still require PTT to be used."
Okay. I don't have the Tomcat, so have never tried the hotmic.

So basically how it used to work, was that it listened to and accepted only Jester/ARIO commands, and for everything else you had to press a TX? And now, every time you press a TX, hotmic goes off?

I've had some strange issues lately. It seems that my system is messed up. But for the FC3 aircraft and the JF-17, I have to turn the rotary to multi or radios won't work correctly. For FC3 they appear on incorrect TXs and listening suspended immediately follows even if I hold down the TX. So maybe have a look at the rotary, just to check everything is OK?

(For the Jeff, I only get one strange radio unless I turn to multi or single, which is very annoying, 'cause it used to work).

Hopefully a total clean Windows install will fix a lot of strange issues I have. I keep putting it off... Hehe

Hello, once again I have the "AIRIO commands not available" when I talk to Jester. It seems every time there is an update for DCS this problem resurfaces. I even did a master zero reset on everything, did what it states in pp 43-44 of the manual, but the problem continues. Can someone make sense of this? It seems I'm not the only one having this problem.

My log is:

VAICOM PRO logfile

Plugin version 2.5.22.2 (release)

License: PRO

Executing automatic lua code installation.

Using custom install path for 2.5

Install path = D:\DCS World OpenBeta

Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Jose\Saved Games\DCS

Unchanged: Export.lua

Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua

Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

Reset: speech.lua

Reset: common.lua

Reset: TabSheetBar.lua

Reset: gameMessages.lua

6/7 DCS-side files were updated.

DCS World installation found: version 2.5 OpenBeta

Using Registry entry for 2.5 OpenBeta

Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Jose\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

DCS World version STEAM not found.

Checking VA profile.

Importing RIO extension pack...

Done.

Loading keywords database...

Success.

Loading F10 menu items...

Success.

Updating aliases..

Done.

Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.

Adding 0 imported menu commands.

Building master keywords table...

Success.

Building master labels table...

Success.

No new DCS modules to import.

Adding themepack collections

Chatter theme set to Default

Adding chatter resources.. Default

Resources added.

Chatter initialized.

Startup finished.

Ready for commands.

Updating settings

Captured sentence: tacan tune stennis

Have result, identified as recipient: Stennis

Have result, identified as command: TACAN Tune Stennis

AIRIO commands are not available.

(awaiting additional input)

Captured sentence: abort inbound

Captured sentence: chief

Captured sentence: perth

Captured sentence: shaba

That's a bummer. Just tested Huey now in OB. No problems (except force trim button doesn't do anything for FFB).

VAICOM works, tune the RADIO, get replies from ATC.

So, sorry for asking again. Path is set to OB, slider set to OB. Right?

Have you checked registry settings. I guess so.

And VA runs as admin, as stable works for you. Hmmm

I feel like I'm out of ideas. You do have separate save games folders for stable and OB? No variant.txt tricks?

Please don't apologise for asking again! I'm wanting to go over everything and double check.

And while I'm not at home at the moment - something just tweaked. I'm running OB and Stable side by side. I'm wondering if the path is back at stable and I need to reset it to OB!

On top of that, I don't believe there is a seperate saved games folder for OB either. When installed it didn't seem to want to create one. Is there a way of forcing OB to use a different saved games path.

(I think we're onto something here, and really appreciate your persistence with me!) :thumbup:

My log is:

Using custom install path for 2.5

DCS World installation found: version 2.5 OpenBeta

Using Registry entry for 2.5 OpenBeta

These lines seem to indicate that you are running OB but have the Vaicom slider set to stable or something similar. Your install paths for both stable and OB are the same but the saved games folders are different.

Your custom path is set in Vaicom config and therefore it looks like the slider is set to the wrong version

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Please don't apologise for asking again! I'm wanting to go over everything and double check.

And while I'm not at home at the moment - something just tweaked. I'm running OB and Stable side by side. I'm wondering if the path is back at stable and I need to reset it to OB!

On top of that, I don't believe there is a seperate saved games folder for OB either. When installed it didn't seem to want to create one. Is there a way of forcing OB to use a different saved games path.

(I think we're onto something here, and really appreciate your persistence with me!)

No problem! Look into your install folders, both for stable and OB. Look for file variant.txt, if it's there, look inside. Should say DCS and DCS.openbeta respectively. It's for forcing which "Saved Games" folder to use.

Cheers!

No problem! Look into your install folders, both for stable and OB. Look for file variant.txt, if it's there, look inside. Should say DCS and DCS.openbeta respectively. It's for forcing which "Saved Games" folder to use.

Cheers!

I had to create the dcs_variant.txt file, but after doing so I've reset everything back up, switched the slider back to OB and a quick check seems to show it behaving itself now. Thank you so much! :thumbup:

I had to create the dcs_variant.txt file, but after doing so I've reset everything back up, switched the slider back to OB and a quick check seems to show it behaving itself now. Thank you so much!
It worked? That's awesome!

Still trying I reinstalled AIRIO.dll, but nothing changes I made the changes that you recommended, but I still have the problem with AIRIO. The new log is:

VAICOM PRO logfile

DCS World installation found: version 2.5

Using Registry entry for 2.5

Install path = e:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

Auto-install could not complete for DCS version 2.5

Could not find a part of the path 'e:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)

at VAICOM.FileManager.FileHandler.Lua.LuaFiles_Install(Boolean restore, Boolean forcequiet)

Using custom install path for 2.5 OpenBeta

Install path = D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin

Checking VA profile.

Done.

Success.

Success.

Updating aliases..

Done.

Success.

Success.

Resources added.

Chatter initialized.

Startup finished.

Ready for commands.

Captured sentence: rock and roll

Have result, identified as command: Rock and Roll

Still trying I reinstalled AIRIO.dll, but nothing changes I made the changes that you recommended, but I still have the problem with AIRIO. The new log is:

VAICOM PRO logfile

DCS World installation found: version 2.5

Using Registry entry for 2.5

Install path = e:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

Auto-install could not complete for DCS version 2.5

Could not find a part of the path 'e:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)

at VAICOM.FileManager.FileHandler.Lua.LuaFiles_Install(Boolean restore, Boolean forcequiet)

Using custom install path for 2.5 OpenBeta

Install path = D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin

Checking VA profile.

Done.

Success.

Success.

Updating aliases..

Done.

Success.

Success.

Resources added.

Chatter initialized.

Startup finished.

Ready for commands.

Have result, identified as command: Rock and Roll

By re-installing ARIO just meant that you copied the Dll to the correct folder, right?

The changes you made, I guess, were setting path and slider to o

OB. Correct?

Did you close VA and DCS, then ran a repair of DCS (delete files), deleted export.lua, then started VA and then DCS OB?

What is the usage of "select up", "select down" in the PTT? I am trying to set TX4 for PTT but nothing happens when I click on them. I remember sometime ago up/down were allowing to change this in PTT page.

Edited by tomeye

What is the usage of "select up", "select down" in the PTT? I am trying to set TX4 for PTT but nothing happens when I click on them. I remember sometime ago up/down were allowing to change this in PTT page.
You are referring to the VA profile or the Control panel?

Sniperpr1: According to your log, VAICOMPRO thinks that you have version 2.5 (release version) at E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World and the open beta version at D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin. It's getting the 2.5 release version path from the registry entry, and the open beta path from your use of the "custom path" option in VAICOM. Is that where you have them installed? It's having trouble finding the 2.5 release version.

Also, I don't see anything in your log suggesting which version of DCS you are using for your tests, or even that you are testing after starting DCS and dropping into a module. So which version are you using? And is your log saved after dropping into the F-14 module in a mission? Do other DCS commands such as contacting the ground crew (not Jester commands) work?

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Sniperpr1: According to your log, VAICOMPRO thinks that you have version 2.5 (release version) at E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World and the open beta version at D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin. It's getting the 2.5 release version path from the registry entry, and the open beta path from your use of the "custom path" option in VAICOM. Is that where you have them installed? It's having trouble finding the 2.5 release version.

Also, I don't see anything in your log suggesting which version of DCS you are using for your tests, or even that you are testing after starting DCS and dropping into a module. So which version are you using? And is your log saved after dropping into the F-14 module in a mission? Do other DCS commands such as contacting the ground crew (not Jester commands) work?

Ahh! You're right. I missed the bin folder this time. I'm sure I mentioned that in another post.

Hopefully this will solve it @sniperpr1

Cheers!