VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Is Disable Menu working for you? I have the option enabled but the menus are still showing up. I'm in the latest beta of DCS.
It mostly works for me, but they appear every now and then, particularly on inbound calls

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

It would be helpful if Viacom had a Bugs page on their website where players could notify any bugs they find and include logs, tracks etc. While this thread is good it also includes much discussion which makes it more difficult to separate the bugs from the narrative.

It would be helpful if Viacom had a Bugs page on their website where players could notify any bugs they find and include logs, tracks etc. While this thread is good it also includes much discussion which makes it more difficult to separate the bugs from the narrative.

good idea +1

good idea +1
Alternatively, you can also start a separate thread per question / bug. This thread is long because it was, until recently, the only VAICOM thread on the forum. We now have a dedicated sub forum

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hey everyone,

I contact VAICOM team asking about this issues after the last update from DCS, Them aswere were they find't detect any issue between VAICOM and DCS world.

"Hi there

Thanks for contacting us.

There is no such problem at this time.

All the best,

The VAICOM PRO team."

Hey everyone,

I contact VAICOM team asking about this issues after the last update from DCS, Them aswere were they find't detect any issue between VAICOM and DCS world.

"Hi there

Thanks for contacting us.

There is no such problem at this time.

All the best,

The VAICOM PRO team."

Hi there! Which issue? You don't mention it. Would you care to make another thread and describe it in the subject?

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hi there! Which issue? You don't mention it. Would you care to make another thread and describe it in the subject?

Cheers!

Or, if it is related to delayed responses in some / all modules post in one of the existing threads related to this

Hi guys!

Since the last open beta I have issue.

When trying to establish communication with an Supercarrier before recovery (Case 1, Case 2, Case 3) (Marking moms.., Inbound for carrier.. etc) - in Voiceattack window the message after recognized my voice messages string "Supercarrier recipient not found" appears. While all the functions of Supercarrier still operated via the radio menu, animated deck crew, meatball, etc. In the DCS Release version, Viacom Pro communication is fully functional. Tell me if it is possible to restore the communication with the Supercarrier in beta.

Thanks

Sounds like you are trying to send supercarrier commands to one of the support ships, which share a radio frequency with the carrier, rather than to the carrier itself.

Maybe try "carrier, select"/"<carrier name>, select", before saying "marking moms"

Hi - For some reason when I try to tune 31.00 on the VHF FM radio on A-10 mission - the radio goes back to 30.00 by itself, hence I cannot use the radio for the recipients.

I have the PRO version, Easy comms on and no select option at all.

I manually tube 31.00 but every time I transmit - it goes back to 30.00.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Sounds like you are trying to send supercarrier commands to one of the support ships, which share a radio frequency with the carrier, rather than to the carrier itself.

Maybe try "carrier, select"/"<carrier name>, select", before saying "marking moms"

Thank you for replay. I'll try and will write after

Hi - For some reason when I try to tune 31.00 on the VHF FM radio on A-10 mission - the radio goes back to 30.00 by itself, hence I cannot use the radio for the recipients.

I have the PRO version, Easy comms on and no select option at all.

I manually tube 31.00 but every time I transmit - it goes back to 30.00.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

With easy comms on, Vaicom will try to tune the radio to the most appropriate recipient, so it appears to think that the recipient you are trying to contact is on 30.00. For example, if there are two tankers in the mission and you say "approaching for refuel", easy comms will tune your radio to the nearest tanker, which may or may not be the one you want to talk to.

I tend to leave easy comms off, 'select tunes radio' on and then say something like "Texaco, select", to make sure that's the tanker i will be talking to when i subsequnetly say "approaching for refuel"

Never had much luck in the past (years) getting this going. Coming back to DCS after at least a year away, and a few installs of Win 10 on this computer.

I own VA, and purchased Vaicom Pro and the chatter files back in 2017.

First question, why is the aircraft I'm sitting in not listed in the PPT window in the config utility?I've setup my joystick for PTT, when I select the button it's transmitting. Let's start there.

i5 11600k 4.9ghz, 64gb 3600, 3070ti, multiple ssd/nvme, Rift S, TM Warthog / Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Nevada, Normandy, Syria, A10C/2, KA-50 3, P51D, L39, Huey, WW2 Assets, VaicomPro

Never had much luck in the past (years) getting this going. Coming back to DCS after at least a year away, and a few installs of Win 10 on this computer.

I own VA, and purchased Vaicom Pro and the chatter files back in 2017.

First question, why is the aircraft I'm sitting in not listed in the PPT window in the config utility?I've setup my joystick for PTT, when I select the button it's transmitting. Let's start there.

Latest VA and latest VIACOM.

In the VAICOM control panel, go to config tab. Check "use custom DCS path", and click "set" to browse to the root DCS folder. Release/OB. OB if you have both. Check "fix reg" just in case. Adjust sliders accordingly. OB for both. And standalone/steam.

Close Voice Attack.

Close DCS, and run repair.

Go to your user's "Saved Games" and find DCS folders. Under "scripts" folder, delete export.lua BEWARE!!!!! If you have Tacview, rename instead!!!!!!!

Start Voice Attack. If you have Tacview. Delete the new export.lua, and rename the "copy" back to export.lua

Start DCS, and you should be good to go!

Latest VA and latest VIACOM.

In the VAICOM control panel, go to config tab. Check "use custom DCS path", and click "set" to browse to the root DCS folder. Release/OB. OB if you have both. Check "fix reg" just in case. Adjust sliders accordingly. OB for both. And standalone/steam.

Close Voice Attack.

Close DCS, and run repair.

Go to your user's "Saved Games" and find DCS folders. Under "scripts" folder, delete export.lua BEWARE!!!!! If you have Tacview, rename instead!!!!!!!

Start Voice Attack. If you have Tacview. Delete the new export.lua, and rename the "copy" back to export.lua

Start DCS, and you should be good to go!

Thank you very much for the help, that did the trick.

I had already set the custom path, and did the reg fix.

The fix was either the repair, or deleting the export.lua

i5 11600k 4.9ghz, 64gb 3600, 3070ti, multiple ssd/nvme, Rift S, TM Warthog / Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Nevada, Normandy, Syria, A10C/2, KA-50 3, P51D, L39, Huey, WW2 Assets, VaicomPro

Thank you very much for the help, that did the trick.

I had already set the custom path, and did the reg fix.

The fix was either the repair, or deleting the export.lua

Awesome! Just remember, this (sometimes) needs to be done after DCS updates. Not everytime it seems. But I had to do it after this last update.

Awesome! Just remember, this (sometimes) needs to be done after DCS updates. Not everytime it seems. But I had to do it after this last update.

Thanks for the tip, I'll commit this to memory for future use.:)

Viacom Pro (VA) issuing correct command in multiplayer but not working (with SRS)

Hello, I purchased Viacom Pro, and it was working beautifully, then I installed SRS and now the AI commands aren't being recognized (even though VA is recognizing them and issuing the correct command over TX1). I have all SRS and Viacom settings as suggested in the manual.

It is working fine in single-player mode (with loacal SRS Server), but in multiplayer, the AI commands do not work. For example, if I say "request rearming", VA shows that it issued the correct command, but I don't get the rearming page.

The correct module IS listed in the PTT window.

THANKS!

Hello, I purchased Viacom Pro, and it was working beautifully, then I installed SRS and now the AI commands aren't being recognized (even though VA is recognizing them and issuing the correct command over TX1). I have all SRS and Viacom settings as suggested in the manual.

It is working fine in single-player mode (with loacal SRS Server), but in multiplayer, the AI commands do not work. For example, if I say "request rearming", VA shows that it issued the correct command, but I don't get the rearming page.

THANKS!

I should add, the VoiceAttack cockpit commands that I have still work fine (I have a custom profile being called within Viacom), but the AI commands don't seem to be going through VA.

Also, what's weird is that last night, when I exited the server, the rearming/refueling screen appeared...as though it was there all along, but hidden (I had earlier issued a "request rearming" command through Viacom...but the window did not appear).

I should add, the VoiceAttack cockpit commands that I have still work fine (I have a custom profile being called within Viacom), but the AI commands don't seem to be going through VA.

Also, what's weird is that last night, when I exited the server, the rearming/refueling screen appeared...as though it was there all along, but hidden (I had earlier issued a "request rearming" command through Viacom...but the window did not appear).

VAICOM doesn't use keyboard commands. It communicates directly with DCS. It only uses VA for the speech to text. That's why your plain VA commands still work. But it's strange that it works on SP abs not MP. Have you tried to reset the export.lua?

Cheers!

VAICOM doesn't use keyboard commands. It communicates directly with DCS. It only uses VA for the speech to text. That's why your plain VA commands still work. But it's strange that it works on SP abs not MP. Have you tried to reset the export.lua?

Cheers!

I have not. Candidly, I was overwhelmed by the number of posts and haven't read through all of them. I will find the process for resetting the export.lua. Thanks!

I have not. Candidly, I was overwhelmed by the number of posts and haven't read through all of them. I will find the process for resetting the export.lua. Thanks!
Check out post #5796

Maybe this will help.

Cheers!

Check out post #5796

Maybe this will help.

Cheers!

Thanks Max. So, I followed all of those instructions, but still no luck. I am in IT, so this isn't something that is very difficult (meaning, I am pretty certain I follewed the steps correctly). I have attached a screenshot of the VA log. As you can see, it recognizes the request and issues the command, but DCS is not receiving it.

Also, oddly, I mapped "Communication Menu" to my HOTAS Throttle, but nothing comes up when I press it. It seems as though something is blocking communications with the AI.

I would appreciate any help on this!

POKDFUn.png

THANKS!

I have similar if not the same issue but without the SRS concern.SP works excellent but on some MP servers i cannot make refueling window to show.Also options command does not show comms menu.Its strange that on some servers works fine and some does not.Airplane Module on the ptt page is recognized only in SP and on the MP srevers that works.I dont know how to troubleshoot if it has something to do with easycomm server settings.Workaround suggested by MAXsenna doesn't work for me.I try several times.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Edited by zmzbg