VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but AOCS will only work on 284.00 AM in the hornet radios, comm-1/2.

(2.5.5 or 2.5.6ob). If I try 071.00 or 142.00 the (:AM) doesn't show and is blanked out. Easy comms off.

After trying on 071.00 for several attempts and much troubleshooting, thinking it was another problem, I decided to try the other two frequencies. That's when it manifested that only 284.00 worked. I'm fine with using only one freq, but I wanted to report my experience.

Note: I've only tried AOCS in the F-18 thus far. Also, this is with manual tuning. I haven't tried setting up presets in the mission editor.

Thanks.

Edit: Just downloaded the latest patch and gave it a try. Now 142.00 is working as well, but not 071.00.

So at least I now have two working frequencies to chose from, which is nice.

I can't get AOCS to work at all, lately. Auto Briefing works, but "Crystal Palace, status/briefing" doesn't. I tired to tune to both 142.00 AM and 284.000 AM.

Any ideas?

This is really pissing me off today. Seemed to take forever performing the various troubleshooting steps before any of the new carrier ATC would work. Thought I'd cracked it, but apparently not.

If I run VA without DCS, everything appears to be working fine. However, when DCS is running, all PTT buttons produce something like this...

5:28:08.084 Listening suspended
5:28:08.014 Listening suspended
5:28:07.994 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
5:28:05.363 TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210 AM 127.500 MHz tuned for ATC unit John C. Stennis [AI]
5:28:05.033 Listening resumed
5:28:05.017 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

And then a short while later it will output something completely random like '5:28:18.470 Unrecognized : 'her life'.

The double 'listening suspended' doesn't look right at all.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Sounds like you might have a hot mic.

Is the "REL HOT" light lit on the PTT tab of the config dialogue?

Mics do tend to interpret all sorts of noises as speech, which is why I'm looking forward to getting an RTX card, for its noise cancelling features.

Anyone else having trouble with the salute command in Vaicom Pro?

The game does not seem to be recognizing it. VA does I get the prompt it was recognized, but not released for launch on the carrier.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Anyone else having trouble with the salute command in Vaicom Pro?

The game does not seem to be recognizing it. VA does I get the prompt it was recognized, but not released for launch on the carrier.

I suspect this may be an F14B thing. It doesn't use the Comms menu to salute but the salute key stroke (SHIFT-U I believe).

Salute with VAICOM works in my FA-18, I will check the F14 now.

EDIT : Yeah, you still need to press SHIFT-U to launch in the TomCat.

Edited by Jedra

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

Sounds like you might have a hot mic.

Is the "REL HOT" light lit on the PTT tab of the config dialogue?

Mics do tend to interpret all sorts of noises as speech, which is why I'm looking forward to getting an RTX card, for its noise cancelling features.

No REL HOT. XMIT only appears when I press an XT button, as expected.

VA also shows the headset with the disabled indicator over it unless I'm pressing a TX button.

Just tried again on the SC CASE I mission and it worked fine for 'incoming' and 'see you at ten' before doing the same thing as my post above.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

I suspect this may be an F14B thing. It doesn't use the Comms menu to salute but the salute key stroke (SHIFT-U I believe).

I was flying the Hornet.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Had the same issue. Had to ensure it was in the VAICOM profile: *Salute*;

Seems to fixed it for me but have another issue. When calling "Roosevelt: Inbound" I get told to go to alternate? If I use the DCS menu, I get a hand off to Tower. Confused

The inbound/alternate thing has been an intermittent problem for me since ED updated the carrier ATC a few months ago. Often simply repeating the command gets it recognised correctly.

I've had it happen with both VAICOM and the DCS comms menu.

One solution is to tune the radio to the correct frequency and then just call inbound to carrier - this works reliably for me

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Here I am with the promised feedback report: I tried the new 'Realistic ATC' extension and it simply works like a charm, nothing else to say.

As always, thanks Hollywood for your outstanding work! :thumbup:

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

The workaround I have used for this is to add a daisy chained VA command (I have called mine 'Tomcat Salute') that first calls the VAICOM plugin Salute command, waits for the return and then sends Shift+U to DCS.

VA profile with this command in attached in case it is of use to anyone else (you will need to daisy chain this to the VAICOM profile in VA)

Tomcat Salute-Profile.zip

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

If you are using Windows voice recognition I think the language has to match that of Windows (thanks to Microsoft). Might be worth seeing if the VAICOM VSPX option gets round this

It worked! It is very easy to setup and the key binding and options are very nice. I have been playing with it and learning which voice commands do I have to give it, and adapting my English with Spanish accent to it.

Any way to train each one of the voice commands within VA?

So happy with this purchase.

I have the same problem but everything is set right like you said to do and it still gets stuck at 10 percent.

Happened to me as well. Perform the following steps:

1. Change the option in VAICOM.

2. Close Voice Attack and VAICOM.

3. Repair DCS and delete the two files that will show you as problematic.

4. Start again Voice Attack and VAICOM.

5. Start DCS.

Hope it works!

Edited by Al-Azraq

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

That is really good to know - you will love this software:thumbup:

I can't get the Salute command to work with the F/A-18. Still have a couple more things to try but no joy so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the same issue. Had to ensure it was in the VAICOM profile: *Salute*;

Seems to fixed it for me but have another issue. When calling "Roosevelt: Inbound" I get told to go to alternate? If I use the DCS menu, I get a hand off to Tower. Confused

Same for me.

@Hollywood_315

Hello and thanks for your work! Some questions.

ATC 'Suppress auto' does suppress auto replies by the pilot, but then DCS gives no time to say anything manually nor awaits that reply. For example, I say 'marking mom's', get bunch of numbers from Marshall, and immediately hear 'readback correct'. Same with 'switch approach' and other messages - ATC does not care if I reply or not. So turning this option on reduces realism, not increases it.

Another problem for me, adding "state X.X" or "angels X" to a keyword prevents it from being recognized. Same with Side Number, i.e. '313 established angels 6' does nothing. I learned to make '313' (my squad MODEX) an alias to Marshall, and now '313 established', '313 commencing', '313 hornet ball' etc work fine. But I am still to find a way how to get 'angels X' and 'state X.X' parts of the message ignored. I can't make them an alias to anything, because the numbers always change...

Third issue, Disable Player Voice in multiplayer works wrong. It mutes my voice for me (correct) but also mutes for me all F-menu-generated voices of other players. I cannot hear what they do anymore, unless everyone like myself talks to SRS and Vaicom Pro with one PTT. And if they do not use Vaicom or did not Disable Player Voice on their side, they will still hear me speaking twice - via SRS and with robot voice. Ideally, this setting should disable my robot voice for me and for all users on the server, but what I can hear should be controlled on the side of each player. I hope this makes sense.

Any ideas?

Edited by impalor

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

Hi,

I have a small issue in the F14B with the radio calls for TACAN.

If I have both the Stennis and the Theodore R on the map (different TACAN stations) and make the call 'TACAN Tune Stennis'. The RIO tunes the TACAN to the Theodore R and not the Stennis. It is not a huge issue as I can get him to tune correctly by calling the station numbers (TACAN Tune X-Ray 027 or X-Ray 011).

On a related note will we be able to call the ship names in future releases?

EDIT : I have VA Licenced, VAICOM Pro and all plugins licenced and installed!

I was adding some words/phrases to the speech recognition dictionary earlier today and then testing them out in Notepad. For some reason, whenever I said "Stennis", it recognised it as "Stenness", which would presumably not work with Vaicom. As i couldn't think of a time when i would use "stenness", whatever that is, I just blocked it from being recognised, but i suppose i could have alternatively added it as an alias to "Stennis".

Could this be why your RIO isn't selecting the correct channel?

I can't get the Salute command to work with the F/A-18. Still have a couple more things to try but no joy so far.

Is it recognised in VA?

It didn't for me either, so I bound it to a button on my throttle.

And yes VA recognizes it, just DCS does not seem to.

Edit: Correction, it seems VA is recognizing my spoken salute for select.

Guess I better do some voice training for salute. That must be my problem.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Is it recognised in VA?

I went back into Windows Speech Recognition and retrained "Salute" -- works perfectly. Also, my Inbound calls seem to work consistently now. All good! Thanks.

Love VAICOM Pro by the way! Can't imagine flying without it! Thanks for a great app!

It didn't for me either, so I bound it to a button on my throttle.

And yes VA recognizes it, just DCS does not seem to.

Edit: Correction, it seems VA is recognizing my spoken salute for select.

Guess I better do some voice training for salute. That must be my problem.

Don, I went back to Windows Speech and retrained it specifically for "Salute" and it works every time now. I was also seeing it come up as "select."

Here I am with the promised feedback report: I tried the new 'Realistic ATC' extension and it simply works like a charm, nothing else to say.

As always, thanks Hollywood for your outstanding work! :thumbup:

I just tested the new update and the Realistic ATC plug-in and all works perfectly for me .... just chiming in..

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Don, I went back to Windows Speech and retrained it specifically for "Salute" and it works every time now. I was also seeing it come up as "select."

Thanks for that, I will try the same tomorrow.

Don B